Ft Lauderdale Hotel that isn't an arm and a leg

scubamommy!

We would like a nice hotel that isn't $250 or more! We are just coming in for the night before the cruise. Don't want a run down place, but all the chains I know of are so costly in Fort Lauderdale, double what we normally pay. Anyone have a good $ saving trick there? Don't mind staying an hour or so away if we can save a lot on a nicer place. I just don't know what is around there. There are many hotels I have not heard of but hard to tell from a picture of just the front of the place. Thanks in advance.

If you come over to the Florida Departures board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

and do some reading, you will find MANY MANY hotel recommendations. Not knowing when you are going limits our ability to help you.

TripAdvisor is the best site for hotel recommendations. It is what they specialize in, and they are a sister site of Cruise Critic.

We would like a nice hotel that isn't $250 or more! We are just coming in for the night before the cruise. Don't want a run down place, but all the chains I know of are so costly in Fort Lauderdale, double what we normally pay. Anyone have a good $ saving trick there? Don't mind staying an hour or so away if we can save a lot on a nicer place. I just don't know what is around there. There are many hotels I have not heard of but hard to tell from a picture of just the front of the place. Thanks in advance.

Check on hotels in Hollywood on Trip Advisor Just a ride from port and more competitive on price. Also good quality. Good luck!:)

There may be something going on that week or weekend that's driving up prices. It may also be a week when a lot of schools in the NE and Midwest have spring break.

I use Hilton Honors points, but even if I would have had to pay for the Embassy Suites, it was $179 per night over Thanksgiving.

Roz

I stayed at the Rodeway Inn for a night in December. Nice room- air conditioner not great. Very nice pool area- free breakfast, but not a very good one. The attached restaurant had awful overpriced food with a mandatory 18% tip with bad service. It was under $100. No other places to eat easily available. Ok looking places if you have a car or are willing to walk amile or more.

Thanks everyone, we are coming in March 30th , apparently HIGH season. LOL

We checked Spring Hill as this is usually the place we stay but they want $299 for a room!

We stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites for our pre-cruise last April. Free airport shuttle, clean rooms, nice pool area and decent hot breakfast. Also, shopping and restaurants within walking distance.

It looks like they still have rooms for you dates and are still at a good rate for that time of year. If you have AAA, AARP or other type of discount you can save a lot more.

http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-dania-florida-FL664

• 3 weeks later...

We used this before and had no issues and it was very nice.

Valuetrips.com

click on Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale and check the dates for room prices. We stayed there prior for $99.00 It was super clean and nice. Friendly staff and free shuttle service.

Pick of room

vcxpux.jpg

2qxu6fc.jpg

1tkh2x.jpg

If we go out of Ft. Laudy again I will be here to stay overnight. You must book online and you could see the port from the window so if you chose here request a port view room.

Edited by Clipsy01

Hi there

I can tell that I was able to get the below listed hotel through Hotwire for less than $60. This was really nice, as the rooms were super big and super clean. I would stay there again even at a higher rate. For my next cruise in May I was able to get a room at the Hyatt House which i think is real close the Hyatt Place and again was able to get it at a great rate through Hotwire. I have also booked a few beach front hotels through Priceline for a 30 to 40% off in the past. I would check out http://www.betterbidding.com if you decide to use Hotwire or Priceline to book your hotel, as this site provides lots of tips, tricks, and advice.

We used this before and had no issues and it was very nice.

Valuetrips.com

click on Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale and check the dates for room prices. We stayed there prior for $99.00 It was super clean and nice. Friendly staff and free shuttle service.

Pick of room

vcxpux.jpg

2qxu6fc.jpg

1tkh2x.jpg

If we go out of Ft. Laudy again I will be here to stay overnight. You must book online and you could see the port from the window so if you chose here request a port view room.

Last month I stayed at Il Lugana Suites hotel for $160 which I got through Priceline. It is one of their 4* hotels. It was very nice! As an added surprise, when I checked in they gave us coupons for a free breakfast the next morning. Would definitely stay there again. I did my bidding research on the webside: www.biddingfortravel.com . There is advice about all star rating levels.

Good luck!

We stayed at the Estoril Paradise Inn which is located in the Oakland Park section of Fort Lauderdale (close to the Coral Ridge Mall) last month for $121 a night. It was super clean, in a safe area, and had a beautiful pool for a morning swim.

Your March dates are peak season so unfortunately, those people throwing out super low rates aren't of any use to you. Also you want to avoid the Rodeway Inn.

Did you try Hotwire? For $250 you can probably get a pretty nice hotel.

FWIW, there is no staying an hour away for a better deal. An hour away would be Miami to the South or Palm Beach to the north, both very expensive destinations.

Edited by BlueHerons

I had the same problem in looking for 1

Night 2/21. Basic lower chains wanted

$200 plus for 1 night. I ended up using

Hotwire and got the Westin Diplomat

In Hollywood for $162 which includes

Taxes and fees. I used the new hotwire

App to book to save $25. Good luck!

Try lastmintravel, there is a hotel that comes up at $186 and is 6.28 miles from the airport. This is the Hilton Marina, we have stayed there several times and it is clean and very nice. It is on 17th street near the port entrance, on the waterway in a nice location. This is on 3/30/14. Hope this helps.

There may be something going on that week or weekend that's driving up prices. It may also be a week when a lot of schools in the NE and Midwest have spring break.

I use Hilton Honors points, but even if I would have had to pay for the Embassy Suites, it was $179 per night over Thanksgiving.

Roz

We are going over thankgsgiving this year. Do you recommend Embassy Suites?

We are going over thankgsgiving this year. Do you recommend Embassy Suites?

Embassy Suites has a lot of value in my opinion. The two-room suites are a good size and the breakfast buffet is great. The pool and outdoor area are beautiful and I just read today where they plan to renovate that area some this year. $179 is a good price for Thanksgiving - we are paying that the weekend after as well.