Freedom of the Seas - inner room

beshears

We are planning on going on the Freedom this spring. We wanted to do the ocean view room, but it is very expensive (that is for us), so we plan to do the inner state room.

If you have done the inner state room within this past year, for "you" did you find the room adequate for your luggage and clothing, etc. to put away?

In the bathroom, what do they supply? The reason I ask this, if they already have what I use, then that would be one less thing for me to bring.

What decks are the main formal dining rooms on?

What deck is the buffet on?

We are planning on going on the Freedom this spring. We wanted to do the ocean view room, but it is very expensive (that is for us), so we plan to do the inner state room.

If you have done the inner state room within this past year, for "you" did you find the room adequate for your luggage and clothing, etc. to put away?

In the bathroom, what do they supply? The reason I ask this, if they already have what I use, then that would be one less thing for me to bring.

We had an interior on Liberty ( sister ship) and there was enough storage. The suitcases can fit under the bed. Hangers and shelves in the closet.

There is a hair dryer and an all purpose gel in the shower.

Dining room is decks 3, 4 and 5. Deck 5 is for MTD.

WJ is deck 11 along with specialty restaraunts.

I agree with the post above, there's adequate space for luggage and clothing for 2 people. More than 2, it gets a bit tight.

Are robes provided in an inside room? The only thing I could find on the website said that they are provided in some staterooms depending on category. We are in a "K" room on deck 7. Also is there shower gel and shampoo in the showers? I have only been on NCL in a mini suite and all of this was included, so I'm trying to see what I need to pack.

Thanks!!!

We always do inside cabins, even when our daughter comes along. We have done outside and balcony (once) when great deals have been available, but for the price, there is no reason not to go with an inside. Shower gel and shampoo are provided in dispensers in the stall, and bar soap at the sink. They are perfectly adequate, but I do bring my own shampoo and conditioner for formal nights when I want my hair to behave.

I sailed her oct 2013.a couple of things that I liked about it was the tv is on a swivel you could watch it from your bed . and if you noticed in picture there is a set of curtains so if one person stays up reading then other wouldn't be interrupted

We always do inside cabins, even when our daughter comes along. We have done outside and balcony (once) when great deals have been available, but for the price, there is no reason not to go with an inside. Shower gel and shampoo are provided in dispensers in the stall, and bar soap at the sink. They are perfectly adequate, but I do bring my own shampoo and conditioner for formal nights when I want my hair to behave.

Thanks. Yeah, I'll bring my own shampoo, but my kids can use the dispenser stuff...they're 9, 9, and 10, so they don't need the expensive stuff...well, not yet anyway, they are all girls, so it's coming up soon.

Were robes provided?

The inside rooms on the Freedom are only 150 sq ft, its small but you can manage.

Thanks. Yeah, I'll bring my own shampoo, but my kids can use the dispenser stuff...they're 9, 9, and 10, so they don't need the expensive stuff...well, not yet anyway, they are all girls, so it's coming up soon.

Were robes provided?

Robes are not normally provided to inside staterooms, unless the guests are Platinum or above C&A level.

If you have only 2 in your travel party, I would also recommend looking at the PR category...

DSCN1418_zps1fc739e5.jpeg

DSCN1419_zps63e72c7f.jpeg

Enjoy planning! :)

My first thing with this was worrying about noise below, but then we were just lucky to find anything we could. We needed connecting rooms, one for hubby and me, and one for my 3 kids and my niece. It wasn't easy finding a quad that connected on a higher floor, so we took what we could get. We've only made the deposit, so I will have the travel agent see if she can keep looking around for a PR. For you and anyone else who's stayed in a PR, is the window pretty soundproof? I'm a pretty light sleeper. I love the idea of the window and the extra room there.

For you and anyone else who's stayed in a PR, is the window pretty soundproof? I'm a pretty light sleeper. I love the idea of the window and the extra room there.

You may hear a slight noise from any parades; they don't go on late though. No other noise. My tip would be to look for one(s) as high as possible just to be sure, I think they are on deck 6/7/8? Another good thing is that in daylight hours you will mostly have enough light through the window not to need the cabin lights on all the time.

I have three adult daughters staying in an inside room on deck 9 on the FOS. I know that the beds can be split into twins, but where does the third person sleep? I'm assuming that the couch pulls out into a sleeper? If so, does the room attendant open and close it each evening/morning?

I have three adult daughters staying in an inside room on deck 9 on the FOS. I know that the beds can be split into twins, but where does the third person sleep? I'm assuming that the couch pulls out into a sleeper? If so, does the room attendant open and close it each evening/morning?

You either have a sleeper sofa or a pullman bed that comes out of the ceiling. Either way the attendant takes care of it.

Thank you for giving me info on the inner rooms. Also that I will have to bring a robe with me. I am used to Carnivan/Princess always providing robes. Hopefully something on this ship will make me want to cruise on it again. I know the inner rooms are smaller than Carnival. Thank you for showing the pictures too.

Oh, what is a PR room???

Thank you for giving me info on the inner rooms. Also that I will have to bring a robe with me. I am used to Carnivan/Princess always providing robes. Hopefully something on this ship will make me want to cruise on it again. I know the inner rooms are smaller than Carnival. Thank you for showing the pictures too.

Oh, what is a PR room???

Here are some more pics of the PR room. You have a view of the promenade, which was a lot of fun for us. My parents had the PR room and we spent much time visiting with them while seeing the action on the Promenade.

View from 7283 on FOS

DSCN1420_zpse765d93e.jpeg

Here are some numbers of the PR rooms that overlook the promenade.

PRForward_zpsd3bf179b.jpeg

For more details, look at this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1860809

I just returned from Freedom on Sunday and I absolutely loved my interior room! We booked on Deck 2. It was so peaceful except for a gentle humming from the engines which was a comforting noise. The sleeping was so good, especially with the gentle rocking of the ship. We had a split bed configuration which opened up a lot of space in the room. The bathroom is small, but functional. I would book another in a heartbeat, actually I am looking into doing exactly that as we speak.

P.S.- Freedom was an awesome ship! She was in excellent shape and looked brand new compared to a few other ships I saw in port. Very happy crew providing good service. I will cruise her again!

OK, now I know what the PR stands for, and thank you. Unfortunately, that doesn't look like what we will be getting. We are book in an inner room, but it is on deck 9, and I don't believe that is close to the PR area. Wish it was. :)

I think if the inside is most affordable for you and your family, then just do it. The whole cruise is way more money than just the cabin. So this can give you the extra money you need to spend in other areas.

The FOS is a great ship. You will have so much fun.

If you are 2 adults and 3 children, you should look into the Family Promenade level room.or family inside room. They hold up to 6- we haven't stayed yet, but booked it for summer. It has the typical twin beds, a pull out sofa and a set of bunk beds. The promenade cabins have two big windows with seats in front of them. There is also a large closet. I found photos by googling it. And it came out cheaper for us than 2 cabins-level M and level K