The dessert I should most look forward to?

Sorry dear, but I was told (on my cruise on Legend in January 2014)they are no longer going to serve the Red Velvet Cake on any of RCL ships :cool::eek::mad:

I would not be a bit surprised. They took the Cheesecake off the Chops menu too. Now if you want cheesecake, the only option is that "gelatin" thing they try to pass off as cheesecake in the MDR.

Edited by ryano

I would not be a bit surprised. They took the Cheesecake off the Chops menu too. Now if you want cheesecake, the only option is that "gelatin" thing they try to pass off as cheesecake in the MDR.

I Love the chocolate decadence cake it comes with vanilla ice cream and I am proud to say I had it every single night AMAZING if you are a chocolate person!!!!:)

Haven't been on Royal yet...we will be this Sunday though and I'm definitely going to try the blueberry crumble :D When we were on Celebrity a couple years ago I loved their desserts especially the bananas foster....yummy!!! :D

We like the key lime pie, creme brûlée, and carrot cake, but my fave is the Grand Marnier Souffle!:)

Judy

P.S. Also like the 'opera slice' in the Windjammer. And does anybody else miss those 'Chantilly Swans' they used to have in the MDR? (little meringue swans filled with chantilly cream) I loved that!

Edited by foxgoodrich

I Love the chocolate decadence cake it comes with vanilla ice cream and I am proud to say I had it every single night AMAZING if you are a chocolate person!!!!:)

Im just not much of a chocolate fan. :( I thought the warm melting chocolate cake on Carnival that everyone raves about is terrible.

RCI dessert choices are so underwhelming. I generally just skip dessert or order a small bowl of ice cream. hard to mess up ice cream :)

I will say if I absolutely HAVE to have dessert, I have found that their sugar free key lime pie is really good!

Edited by ryano

RCCL doesn't get very good reviews on their desserts and having only cruised with Carnival, who has the most awesome Chocolate Lava melting cake, I'm getting a bit bummed about what our choices will be. I ate that Chocolate melting cake every night of our 7 night cruise - delicous! Their creme' brulee was pretty awesome too.

So....for our upcoming Liberty of the Seas cruise - what is the one dessert I should definitely order & look forward to?

You should be looking forward to the whole dessert menu! Never had a dessert on royal that we weren't satisfied with. Some are better than others but we usually get one of each so save some room for dessert! : )

The warm chocolate melting cake was the only thing I found carnival to do better. It is an amazing dessert.

That said, there are some good ones on RCI as well. The soufflé and any bread puddings both in the MDR and windjammer are delicious!! If you like cookies, I look forward to the coconut cookies the most! They usually serve them twice in the week!

I didn't know you could get the mud pie to go. Glad I read this thread. I wonder if you can order it in the MDR? That would be nice to do some night. I know you can order steak from Chops in the MDR. Might be worth a shot on my upcoming Indy cruise.

I don't know if you can get it to go on all ships but we were able to do that on the Radiance last summer. We did this and ate it in the Colony Club before we went to dinner. You know, "eat dessert first"

Im just not much of a chocolate fan. :( I thought the warm melting chocolate cake on Carnival that everyone raves about is terrible.

I do like chocolate, but I didn't care for that Carnival dessert either. Seemed like a pudding cake to me…or a seriously underdone cake. I ate the cake around the edges and left the gooey stuff. (somehow I couldn't stop thinking about underdone eggs in that goo :eek:)

I will say if I absolutely HAVE to have dessert, I have found that their sugar free key lime pie is really good!

Agree!:) Although I think the REAL key lime pie is a bit tastier, the sugar free version is very good and makes me feel virtuous.:p

Judy

I'm a major Dessert addict and the last RCCL cruise I went on in 2006 the desserts were terrible, so back in December 2013 when I went on the FOS I was wondering how they'd be. I was pleasantly surprised there were actually a lot of desserts that I enjoyed.

Chocolate Sensations (MDR available every night)

Peach and Blueberry crumble (MDR 1st night)

Mud Pid (Chops)

Key Lime Pie (MDR)

Bananas Foster Creme Brulee

There are others that I liked, but I can't remember their names.

The one item I would stay away from is the cheesecake, it's NEVER good. I'm a HUGE fan of cheesecake and whatever it is they are trying to push off as cheesecake is a complete joke! It consistency is a cross between jello and pudding. Also, all of the desserts in the Windjammer are sub-par at best.

...I will say if I absolutely HAVE to have dessert, I have found that their sugar free key lime pie is really good!

Thank you, Ryan! I agree. In fact, we had a taste test at the table one night - regular Key Lime Pie and Sugar Free Key Lime Pie - and the sugar free version won all the votes! Seriously! Dee-lish. :D

On our last 2 cruises, the sugar free key lime pie was replaced with a sugar free key lime flavored gelatin thing. It was terrible. What a disappointment.

I agree. I tried both the sugar free key lime "dessert" and the regular key lime pie and the regular pie was very good but the sugar free dessert was left after a single bite.

Sugar free key lime "dessert":

RCCLCruise300.jpg

I agree. I tried both the sugar free key lime "dessert" and the regular key lime pie and the regular pie was very good but the sugar free dessert was left after a single bite.

Sugar free key lime "dessert":

RCCLCruise300.jpg

Yes, I have seen that in the WJ, but there was definitely a sugar free Key Lime "pie", I absolutely remember this. It was garnished with a few fresh berries and it was definitely a slice of pie, not like the above dessert. Just for the record. :D;)