The dessert I should most look forward to?

I would agree with some of the "foam" type desserts. It is like a bad excuse for a pudding type filling. Not my thing, but!!!!!! What is great is you can take a bite and say-YUCK and try another one!!!

There were tubs on ice cream brought out in the WJ at dinner and some sort of goowy chocolate cake that came out mid-week. OMGosh:eek: My jaw just dropped and the girl bringing it out said "I know:D!!!!"

There are some great desserts and bad desserts. We all know that we pay good money to get on these boats, so just enjoy!!!!

This may be the most boring dessert listed in this thread, but I really, really look forward to having orange sherbet after dinner. After eating an appetizer or two, an entree, and sides, the sherbet is light and refreshing.

Love their sherbet selection!! You are not alone lol

I also find the desserts on cruises hit or miss (though Carnival has a few of the better ones). There are a couple of standouts on Royal though. The best advice I can give is to avoid most of the desserts in the dining room labelled "cake" because they rarely are (at least at dinner) - they call them cake but they often come out as some kind of cake/mousse/cream/other mixture. Most things labelled as a "Mousse" were good and many of the fruit based desserts were acceptable.

Blueberry-Peach crumble:

RCCLCruise065.jpg

Key Lime Pie was good (not the diet version - that was a bright green fake mousse kind of thing):

RCCLCruise297.jpg

Ivory Chocolate mousse was very good:

100_0347.jpg

And from the MDR's at lunch I highly recommend sticking around for dessert because you'll find 2 of the best:

Chocolate Hazelnut cake:

100_0321.jpg

Chocolate Raspberry tart (the raspberries are on the bottom, right above the crust):

RCCLCruise097.jpg

Oh My Goodness! I will have sweet dreams tonight. Thank you for posting pix.

I'll have to try the key lime pie although DH's is hard to beat. I agree with the other posters about Carnival's warm chocolate melting cake. It was awesome but I also liked their bread pudding called Bitter and Blanc. NCL's desserts are nothing outstanding although they have a mocha brownie sundae in one of their specialty restaurants that is outstanding. Sad to hear no more red velvet cake. That got me excited.

It may not be the best dessert I had on RCL, but the dessert I remember the most is the Baked Alaska.

It is way too heavy and way too sweet...but somehow it was spot on to match the entire dining experience. I will have it again when given the opportunity :)

It may not be the best dessert I had on RCL, but the dessert I remember the most is the Baked Alaska.... I will have it again when given the opportunity :)

Remember when they used to parade it through the dining room, on fire and all? And flaming cherries jubilee at your tableside? They haven't done that for several years due to safety concerns.

Yes, I have seen that in the WJ, but there was definitely a sugar free Key Lime "pie", I absolutely remember this. It was garnished with a few fresh berries and it was definitely a slice of pie, not like the above dessert. Just for the record. :D;)

I remember this too. It was awesome!

The Best Desert across the RCI Fleet is the Warm Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce and Fresh Made Whipped Cream served only in the Windjammer.

Some RCI ships serve it with dinner and others during the afternoon snack time.

I have somehow never wandered into WJ during "afternoon snack time"... about when is this?? Bread pudding is one of my all-time fave desserts, and if it's as good as y'all say, I will be stalking WJ every afternoon and evening looking for it!! :D

I have somehow never wandered into WJ during "afternoon snack time"... about when is this??

"Afternoon Snacks" are served on most ships, except Oasis and Allure. The time is usually 3 - 5 pm, at which time they close and get ready for dinner.

Yes, the bread pudding with vanilla sauce is delicious! Sometimes they have a chocolate bread pudding which I don't like as much - the plain is very good. :)

We used to order Chocolate Flourless Cake on the 2nd formal night. It was just as good as the Carnival Lava dessert. Then they switched it to one of 3 desserts on the "Sampler" again on lobster night. Lately we've missed it entirely and don't know if it's because we're in a speciality restaurant or if it's no longer on the menu. Does anyone know???

Remember when they used to parade it through the dining room, on fire and all? And flaming cherries jubilee at your tableside? They haven't done that for several years due to safety concerns.

I really miss both of these things. Too bad they had to stop.

I heard so many things about that chocolate cake on Carnival so I wa excited to finally try it. I didn't think it was anything special.

You can't beat any of the soufflés on RCI.

My personal favorite is the Frozen Strawberry Soufflé. Had it for lunch at the Crown & Anchor Luncheon on the Indy Transatlantic last year and loved it. So happy to find it on the new menus this year when we sailed on Grandeur in May, ordered 2! This past week though it wasn't quiet as good, a bit warm. What makes it special is that it tastes and feels like ice cream but isn't.

vYICdr1_9qjLlRV-U17ElYVVMHoTq8ekklXDOe4Ry40H=w675-h506

IMG_2351.JPG

^Grandeur

IMG_1506.JPG

^Independence