Your Top 3 Reasons...For Remaining Loyal To Carnival

YankeeFan4Ever

What are your top 3 reasons for remaining loyal to Carnival?

I'm probably not "loyal" as I do sail other lines and I'm pretty much fed up with the cut-backs. However, 16 of my 36 cruises have been on Carnival. I disembarked Ruby Princess today and board Carnival Breeze Saturday. Throughout my Ruby cruise, I just kept thinking that I'll have more fun on the Breeze. So my reasons (if I sail Carnival) will be:

1. Fun, relaxed atmosphere

2. Casual, relaxed dress code

3. Platinum benefits

This sums it up for us pretty good. I really don't want to play dress up on vacation. I know some people like it, we prefer not to. I appreciate the fact that Carnival doesn't really force it on you like some of the other lines.

We found a couple of really good rates for Alaska on HAL and Princess for this coming summer. What made us ultimately decide against it was that it just seemed like it would be too stuffy forour taste.[/ QUOTE]

QUOTE: seemed like it would be too stuffy for our taste.

Princess is pretty far away from stuffy. Cruise lines do not "force' you to dress in a particular way. Being loyal to one line is fine but if you have never tried a certain line then you really can not comment about that line. You would want to be sure what you are stating is correct and you are not. ;)

Edited by janetz

I haven't seen Mr Pete either for some time. I don't think he's too enthralled with Carnival mainly over the loyalty program and dining.

Firefly has always been a cruiser of multiple lines and very knowledgeable about budget cruising. I miss both of their comments.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Although we prefer NCL overall, my wife and I will continue to cruise on Carnival for the following 3 reasons:

1 - Comedy shows (adult R-rated of course)

2 - Half Moon Cay (paradise on earth)

3 - Cheap prices (good vacation value)

• Price
  • Great Service
  • Serenity Deck

I haven't seen Mr Pete either for some time. I don't think he's too enthralled with Carnival mainly over the loyalty program and dining.

Firefly has always been a cruiser of multiple lines and very knowledgeable about budget cruising. I miss both of their comments.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Mr. Pete is not listed under the general membership any longer. Firefly is still there, but there are no posts under her name since September 2012.

-Carnival passengers are everyday people, not smug and pretentious as you find on other cruise lines. it doesn't matter where we are today, hubby and I began life in blue collar America, and we choose to hang with like kind.

-Carnival crew are fantastic! Friendlier and more personal than other cruise lines.

-Carnival is our comfort zone. We are diamond and know what to expect and what we want to do each and every cruise. Our main objective is relaxation, which is harder to do while figuring out the in's and out's of a different cruise line.

Although we prefer NCL overall, my wife and I will continue to cruise on Carnival for the following 3 reasons:

1 - Comedy shows (adult R-rated of course)

2 - Half Moon Cay (paradise on earth)

3 - Cheap prices (good vacation value)

1. Half Moon Cay

2. Warm Chocolate Melting Cake

3. Aft Wraps

Two of the three are mandatory on every cruise and this April we'll get all three. :cool: Would prefer to get all three every time, but sometimes the itinerary doesn't include Half Moon Cay. :mad:

It seems the general theme of these responses is

*value

*service

*fun

Although a "budget" line, i suspect there are many white collar cruisers on-board that know money can buy comfort, but it can't buy happiness. I remember our owner's suite, such an amazing space, but we didn't have family or friends sailing with us on that one so it was not our most memorable experience. Our most memorable? Three cabins, all OV, with lots of our closest peeps visiting Nassau and LSC! I could sail on the World and be utterly miserable if I believed money was the reason for my joy. What a sad place to be in life.

• 2 months later...

-price

-Camp Carnival starts at age 2 (other lines start at 3 and we have two boys under 3!)

-family friendly

I do wish they'd go back to Europe and expand their US west coast itineraries. We love to cruise because we get to see so many places in one trip. Unfortunately we are running out of new ports to see with Carnival. :(

1. Excellent value for your money (can't stay in a cheap hotel, rental a car and feed two people for the price of some cruises

2. Great service. Never had a bad experience with any Carnival staff.I love being called by my name as a walk down the hallway to or from our stateroom

3. Love the older ships, Fantasy class. Easy to find everything,

1. Itineraries: Carnival has more ports that they visit during a cruise and have a greater variety of ports

2. Cost: I have yet to find a similar itinerary on other lines that comes close to the piece of a Carnival cruise

3. Food: we have not sailed RCCL but found Carnival to have much better good options than NCL

I am sure one day we will check out the other lines but right now we are enjoying and having fun on Carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums