Rotisserie on Splendor

ETski

Have heard so much about the rotisserie on the Splendor. Please tell me what they serve there? Copy of the menu anyone?

I do not have a copy of the menu, but it is comparable to Boston Market. It is very good on deck 10 (access stairs are right outside of the buffet) Aft. Very large dining room and NEVER crowded.

It is the place to go on emarkation day. Most have no idea that it is there and you avoid the masses that flood the buffet.

Irishnyc wrote "mac bad cheese". It used to be the thing that people raved about. I wonder if they changed the recipe??

It is the place to go on emarkation day. Most have no idea that it is there and you avoid the masses that flood the buffet.

Irishnyc wrote "mac bad cheese". It used to be the thing that people raved about. I wonder if they changed the recipe??

It was probably auto correct. Bet Irishnyc meant, "Mac and cheese". :)

I do not have a copy of the menu, but it is comparable to Boston Market. It is very good on deck 10 (access stairs are right outside of the buffet) Aft. Very large dining room and NEVER crowded.

That is actually a very good comparison. It is very good and kind of a secret at least during the beginning of a cruise.

It was probably auto correct. Bet Irishnyc meant, "Mac and cheese". :)

So cheesy it's bad for you. ;) (It was really good! Add the bacon they have out for the potatoes.)

Even on days we didn't eat food from the rotisserie, it was a great spot for lunch because no one was ever up there.

Loved the rotisserie! I ate there almost everyday. Chicken, Mac and cheese, Baked potatoes, and all the fixins. They might have had a salad or some other things as well.

No one goes up there. Even during breakfast I would get my food and head upstairs, sit by the window and enjoy the peace.

Best kept secret on the Spendor!!! :p

We were on Splendor in April and November.People rave about the rotisserie so both times we tried it and we were not impressed either time.It was ok but nothing special.There is alot of space up there and I would love to see a pasta bar there.

Laura

We were on Splendor in April and November.People rave about the rotisserie so both times we tried it and we were not impressed either time.It was ok but nothing special.There is alot of space up there and I would love to see a pasta bar there.

Laura

We were on the Splendor in Sept. After seeing everyone rave about it, we went there after boarding at 12:30. No one else there, we thought the food would be fresh and hot. Wrong, it was barely warm, the corn on the cob was floating in milk or something and the chicken was dried out. We didn't eat much, then went down to the buffet to eat. Anytime we were around there, they were never busy.:eek:

Have heard so much about the rotisserie on the Splendor. Please tell me what they serve there? Copy of the menu anyone?

Chicken , baked potato , salad, corn on the cob, corn bread , potato salad , its a quiet place with good food and never crowded.

Loved the rotisserie! I ate there almost everyday. Chicken, Mac and cheese, Baked potatoes, and all the fixins. They might have had a salad or some other things as well.

No one goes up there. Even during breakfast I would get my food and head upstairs, sit by the window and enjoy the peace.

Best kept secret on the Spendor!!! :p

If you're short the bench seat in the buffet are way too low, the chairs slightly better. Upstairs they are much better.

we prefer the Tandor to the rotisserrie. The area in the back barely gets crowded suring lunch.

Edited by SadieN

I was looking for it on the first day but they had Tandoori there instead. Once it became Rotisserie we went up there, but I never saw any meat other than rotisserie chicken...not sure about that menu sign that someone posted listing other meats. The Mac & Cheese seemed to be the same that was served at the Seaday Brunch and was rather good.

...Douglas

Sent from my iPad

I was looking for it on the first day but they had Tandoori there instead. Once it became Rotisserie we went up there, but I never saw any meat other than rotisserie chicken...not sure about that menu sign that someone posted listing other meats. The Mac & Cheese seemed to be the same that was served at the Seaday Brunch and was rather good.

...Douglas

Sent from my iPad

Rotisserie and Tandoori are two different things, in two different locations. Rotisserie is on 10, inside, above the burrito section of the buffet. Tandoori is outside on 9, aft, by the adult pool.

Rotisserie and Tandoori are two different things, in two different locations. Rotisserie is on 10, inside, above the burrito section of the buffet. Tandoori is outside on 9, aft, by the adult pool.

On the Splendor in the colder weather, they move some of the outdoor food areas inside. Last week when i was on the Splendor they moved the deli inside a few times to the area where the sweet spot and the burrito bar was and the Tandoori was on deck10, replacing the Rotisserie. Once the ship hit warmer weather, the food areas returned to their normal spot

On the Splendor in the colder weather, they move some of the outdoor food areas inside. Last week when i was on the Splendor they moved the deli inside a few times to the area where the sweet spot and the burrito bar was and the Tandoori was on deck10, replacing the Rotisserie. Once the ship hit warmer weather, the food areas returned to their normal spot

Ah ok! Makes sense! It's been brutal here in NYC.

Thank you...that's exactly what I was reporting. The Tandoori was in place of the Rotisserie on deck 10 last week for the first day or so.

...Douglas

Sent from my iPad

4 more days!!

I'm disappointed that it isn't a Fish & Chips up there. That's my favorite lunch on Conquest-class ships. And I also eat up there every time I'm in the buffet.

I tend to sit outside on Deck 10 to do my sunbathing. Nice to have a drink station inside the upper dining area, too.