Select dining tables

Yellowfurbaby

Hello in August it will be my first celebrity cruise on the eclipse. On the independence of the seas we did my time dining. This suited us so we have opted this time for select dining which I'm assuming is the same thing. However we will be able to get a table for three won't we? We don't wish to dine on a larger table with strangers. Hopefully this won't be a problem will it?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The entire upper floor of the dining room is now select dining on the M-class ships. Keep in mind that part of that floor was used to create blu, so it's pretty much the full port side and 1/2 of the old starboard side.

We're thinking of doing the select dining on Summit, but the main thing we're concerned about is the temperature. On Reflection it was uncomfortably hot most nights, and I'm worried it will only be worse one level up. Does anyone have any feedback?

Thanks so much!

Your table assignment will be on a card in your cabin.

The Maître'D will be in the MDR in case you need to change your assigned sitting.

Thanks. Hopefully it won't be necessary to make a change, but it's good to know that the possibility exists.

We're thinking of doing the select dining on Summit, but the main thing we're concerned about is the temperature. On Reflection it was uncomfortably hot most nights, and I'm worried it will only be worse one level up. Does anyone have any feedback?

Thanks so much!

On our Summit cruise this past June we found the back right section of select dining to be extremely warm. We ate there for the first time the second night of the cruise, which was a formal night. My husband and son were so uncomfortable in their suits.

We dined there 4 more evenings and always requested a table to the left against the window as soon as you enter select dining. It was much cooler there.

On Eclipse the whole of the top level is Select, or at least it was last July. This means there is a desk at either side. It did make me wonder how they manage this if say one side is busier than the other. Could this mean some people at one side have to wait whilst at the other side people are seated immediately?

In any case on our 14 nighter, we never had to wait for a table for two on any night which was nice.

I know on Silhouette doing Select we could check in with the hostess on the starboard side and be taken to a table on the port side...and vice versa. It seems both hostess stands have the whole floor dining plan on their computer. So take a peak and join the line that is shortest on either side.

I know on Silhouette doing Select we could check in with the hostess on the starboard side and be taken to a table on the port side...and vice versa. It seems both hostess stands have the whole floor dining plan on their computer. So take a peak and join the line that is shortest on either side.

Oh, thats interesting, thanks.

We dined select everyday after 7 pm or so, and after the third night the hostess remembered us so we usually got our table immediately. On the last formal night she rang our stateroom at 7 pm to advise that the MDR was nearly full and we would need to come up ASAP, so we did. We were impressed with that kind of service.:)

Yellowfurbaby, with Select Dining you can log onto the Celebrity Website and make reservations for each night and choose a "Not Shared" table (Celebrity phrasing as copied from a file on our last cruise). :)

I looked for this site on celebrity no such luck, how do you do it...do you have to call celebrity or your ta

hayward, go to celebritycruises.com,

then go to "Already Booked?"

"Before You Go"

"Customizing Your Vacation"

"Dining Arrangements"

"Book Dining Arrangements"

Celebrity's verbage:

"If you choose Select Main Dining, you will eat in the main restaurant and order from its extensive menu, but you can decide what time you would like to eat-and the times can be different every day. In order to make a reservation, your cruise must be on "Confirmed" status."

hayward, go to celebritycruises.com,

then go to "Already Booked?"

"Before You Go"

"Customizing Your Vacation"

"Dining Arrangements"

"Book Dining Arrangements"

Celebrity's verbage:

"If you choose Select Main Dining, you will eat in the main restaurant and order from its extensive menu, but you can decide what time you would like to eat-and the times can be different every day. In order to make a reservation, your cruise must be on "Confirmed" status."

thank you, but you have to call captains club now..... not a problem.

So many of my times were already reserved. I tried to do a table for 2 for 7:00 p.m., some yes some no for all three cruises.

again. you have got to love cruise critic.