What do they do RIGHT?

I think Carnival is much more laid-back than the other cruise lines. And yes, the price they offer for the cruises is much more cost-effective than the other lines. Started with RCCL, have been using Carnival for the past 5 years now. Don't really see any difference in cruising, though RCCL is much more expensive.

Plus, I like the shareholder OBC Carnival offers.

Ok so there is a ton of threads as to what Carnival does not do (as opposed to other cruise lines)...

What do they do RIGHT (That the other lines don't do)?

I have only ever cruise Carnival, so no clue about the others...

Great topic. I have only cruised Carnival so can't compare but the thing that impresses me the most is still the staff. We cruised the BREEZE last spring and at the sail away this bartender comes over and knew my name and my wife's name, even the brand of beer we like. It took me a few minutes but then I remembered him, he was a bartender on the lido deck on our ship TWO YEARS before! Amazing. And the guy took special care of us for the entire 8 day cruise.

Plus our cabin stewards have always been amazing. They work so hard and yet they always have a smile and friendly greeting.

So yeah for the price, and the ships and the staff, got to stick with Carnival!:D

We have cruised several different line and always like Carnival the best. The prices are good, the food is great and the ships are entertaining what more can you ask for. Don't listen to those sour pusses who aren't happy if they're not complaining.

Edited by sandij

. . .What do they do RIGHT (That the other lines don't do)?

Carnival absolutely does many things right, and are overall quite successful for that very reason.

But with the caveat you added at the end, I can honestly say that I can't thing of a single thing that none of the competition offers as well . . . of course looking beyond copyrighted nomenclature.

I've only gone with Holland America my first two cruises with no complaints but....still trying to use a cruise credit but wasn't a different enough experience to pay the extra. Still looking for a price I can live with but Carnival keeps throwing me great sales. Just managed a Aft wrap on Carnival the (finally.....back) no solo supplement for less than a balcony; oh yes...

Carnival - love the price point definitely

Love the bedding very comfortable.

With some research on the CC boards I have been able to have extremely nice large rooms for incredible prices

I don't do the nightlife/entertainment and often not even dining room so with the price point don't feel I'm missing out. A great hotel that lets me wake up and experience a new adventure and port every day (or as close to every day as I can get)

Did do the dining room on Sunshine and it was nice, but if travelling solo still prefer to grab something and find a comfy spot. The whole 1-2 hour deal isn't really my thing although trying new food was interesting.

Love the Deli, fresh omlette bars and with new 2.0 upgrades other dining options I'm just starting to try so I can grab what I want; when I want.

Had great room stewards on all of my cruises; friendly staff who work hard

They always give me a great vacation at a great price!!!! :):):)

...Well said. I think what Carnival does right.. is the experience. We can all sit and list each individual thing (probably starting with price/value) but it's the total package we enjoy.

...If you can get off a ship and say "Boy, that was fun, let's do this again!", then you know that you've enjoyed the experience.

1) Their prices allow me to cruise with them again and again (with a balcony cabin).

2) Souvenir cups. I always bring back one of the funnel and disco ball cups from a cruise. My friends like them and their kids loved getting unused blowfish cups

3) Thirsty Red Frog Ale (technically produced by Anheuser-Busch)

4) Carnival Valor's Southern Caribbean itinerary. Everyone should try this one once.

Theres more I can't think of right now.

Edited by seannyice81

We have cruised on Carnival 4 times and have nothing but great experiences!

Great food and great service!! We don't feel like we need to be entertained at all times.... With that said we always find something to when we feel like it. Very relaxing and very laid back. Just got off the Conquest today and it was great time. Can't wait to book next years trip with them!

I've only cruised on Carnival, but we did look at an Royal Caribbean cruise once and oh my goodness! Carnival definitely has the better prices and more embarkation locations! We are also pretty laid back people, so we love the atmosphere of Carnival.

We have only strayed from Carnival twice (both on NCL in Hawaii, good reason to stray;) LOL). As we will soon be on our 20th Carnival cruise in less than a month on the Carnival Breeze we must say that we think the overall experience of a Carnival cruise is what we enjoy most. Plus we do not let one or even two things spoil our enjoyment. Many more positives to remember and bring us back time after time.:):)