How do you package a wine bottle before boarding?

cynthiacruz

is your purse the only carry on you have? I normally toss 2 bottles in my backpack and toss it on the scanner, never had an issue. Honesty, if you only have your pursue, you could just carry the bottle with you in a shopping bag from the store..its really just putting it through the scanner and carrying it aboard.

I have carried them in a wine bag, in a backpack, in a small rollerboard too. Maybe even in a plastic grocery back (double sacked).

Now I have a container that I purchased at Goody Goody wine/liquor store to carry my wine in. It's shaped like a bottle, zips up, and even has a cold wrap for chilling. I buy the wine at home, pack it in my checked luggage in the containers. place those 2 large containers inside and XXL ziploc bag. Never had a problem.

We buy our wine at home and drive to the port, which is a 24 hour drive, so I wrap it in bubble wrap and stick it in the backpack I use as a carry on.

this is exactly what we do, but at Miami port they unwrap the wine and inspect the wine bottle cork area:rolleyes:

Go to Bentleys ( the place that sells all the suitcases and travel stuff only) and get tracker wine bags.. they are dbl bubble wrapped, dbl zip locked and velcrowed shut.. I have NEVER had a bottle of wine broken or checked .. I walked right over the security with them in my hands and asked if they wanted to see them.. nope no problem..

Have a fabulous cruise

JD

I know from reading posts here that some ports are a lot more strict than others. In Galveston they made a big deal of looking to be sure there was an original seal on the bottle. I'm sure they are checking that you haven't emptied the wine and put in liquor. I saw someone in front of me have their bottles taken away from them.

I know from reading posts here that some ports are a lot more strict than others. In Galveston they made a big deal of looking to be sure there was an original seal on the bottle. I'm sure they are checking that you haven't emptied the wine and put in liquor. I saw someone in front of me have their bottles taken away from them.

Security at Baltimore and Boston really inspects your bottles. There are people who use them for rum runners so they make sure that they are still completely sealed and that the liquid inside bubbles the right way.

We just wrap clothes around them and store in our carry-on. We carried on four 1500ml Riunite Lambrusco (MIL & FIL were with us) and went thru without a problem. Went thru the scanner and boarded.

...and I know the rule of bottle sizes....

:)

Thank you for all those response, I got a great laugh out of the "diaper" message too cute, my port is Long Beach I bought a Sangria bottle from Wilson Creek a winery out here in CA, I also read to bring your own bungy cord to hold the balcony door open? what's up with that? I am going on vacation not manual labor I just don't want to open the door the wrong way have the door hit my face & get knocked out cold. this is my first balcony cabin reason I got it is because i hear its nice to have one.