Cruise one way, land stay, cruise back

cle-guy

Any suggestions for a celebrity cruise anywhere in the world, but not Bahamas or Bermuda, where I could take an up to 7 night cruise, then stay on land at a beach/ocean resort of some sort for up to 3 nights then board another or same same ship of Celebrity (RCI/Azamara) line back to original port.....

Greetings

Well you could do it on the Celebration out of West Palm. It is an older ship but that type cruise is their strategy. They take you over to Port Lucaya on Grand Bahama island, you stay at one of the resorts there, then you cruise back to West Palm. I not the sure it's the same style you are accustomed to with the main lines, but that's their business.

Good Sailing

Tom

vancouver to seward....vacation in alaska....seward to vancouver (or vice versa, of course). 10 night cruises.

Singapore to hong kong....vacation.....hong kong to singapore. 14 night cruises.

Neither really fits what you want....but it is possible to use a cruise in both directions with a land vacation in between.

Edited by ghstudio

We looked for this for the Med/Europe cruises and found very (none?) alternatives using Celebrity only. (Azmara is out of our price range, and RCI is not our cup of tea).

I would have easily been able to find something by combining Celebrity with HAL.

cle-guy, love the idea! I have no suggestions, but will follow the thread just in case a route or 2 come up. Are there any European ones that you could leave cruise 1 at one port have a land vacation then take the train to a 2nd port for the 2nd cruise that returns you to your "home" port?

Cheers, h

We looked for this for the Med/Europe cruises and found very (none?) alternatives using Celebrity only. (Azmara is out of our price range, and RCI is not our cup of tea).

I would have easily been able to find something by combining Celebrity with HAL.

Some passengers do it in combination with a Cunard cruise to avoid flying one way.

Queen Mary 2 goes back and forth between New York and Southampton.

Some passengers do it in combination with a Cunard cruise to avoid flying one way.

Queen Mary 2 goes back and forth between New York and Southampton.

This is interesting. Could you supply details on how to find this schedule? My husband and I love going to Europe, but dislike the flying.

When my husband and I were planning to go on the Serenade out of Dubai, we wanted more time in Abu Dhabi. We got approved to "downline" which meant getting off in Abu Dhabi, and meeting the ship again in Dubai. (Accommodations and transportation on our own dime of course.)

Let's say you wanted to vacation in Barbados, for instance... Would you be able to downline and get off the ship in Barbados, stay for a week, then pick the ship up when it returned there in a week? Interesting. Would be a nice 3 weeker, I tell ya!

Yes, you would be able to disembark in Barbados and pick the ship up the next time it came through. The kicker is, you would have to pay for two complete cruises -- there would be no price reduction for the missed days. An expensive option, but it is possible.

It doesn't, however, fit the criteria the OP proposed -- looking for a cruise of up to 7 nights, then up to three nights on shore, then on to the same or another ship.

If there ever would be such an arrangement, it would require paying for the two complete cruises. But I don't think there is any combination of Celebrity ships and cruises that works for the OP.

It doesn't, however, fit the criteria the OP proposed -- looking for a cruise of up to 7 nights, then up to three nights on shore, then on to the same or another ship.

Thanks for paying attention to this detail!

I'm finding lots of ways that include a 7 day land stay, the Celebrity or RCI's TA's to Southampton all involve a week on land till the QM departs. That was a great idea, but i'm looking for a quick land stay.

Keep 'em coming....

I don't think this is exactly what you're looking for, but you could do one cruise out of miami, stay in/around miami or the keys for a few days than catch another cruise out of miami or FLL. That would give you your ocean/beach resort for a few days in between.

Actually a great idea...and DUH why didn't I think of that!

Trying to appease wife of a buddy who will not cruise, to get her to meet somewhere in between a longer cruise experience for a guys cruise. :D

Edited by cle-guy

We took the QM2 back from a 22 day T/A last June, a great way to travel, not pretentious. Depending on cabin or stateroom the rate is less than flying, if you have the time to enjoy 6 days.

Given that it was a great experience, we have booked a 28 day RT from New York, east & west bound and the Norway coast in May - June 2014.

Ron

The OP's criteria was beach resort. I don't really think that there is a plan that fits neatly into this person's plan.

I have disembarked prior to the end of two cruises and stayed in those port for several days and flew home. One was a 7-night Alaska cruise on Celebrity Infinity. We disembarked in day 6 in Victoria British Columbia. We stayed there three nights and flew home. Victoria is a real gem and I encourage others to do likewise.

The best plan is to disembark in the place you want to see most and fly back from there.

If you are eliminating the Caribbean and Bermuda, then you are left with Mexico, Hawaii, Polynesia and farther flung places. Greece is charming and has beaches. Spain and France have beaches. Those might be some good places to visit but it takes time to fly to these places.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

Congratulations on discovering the B2BWB plan, specifically the Back-to-back with break itinerary. This is an excellent way to maximize vacation time, while reducing the airfare component.

I will say however, that this is usually easier to accomplish on Alaska cruises, where you have the opportunity to take a Northbound cruise to 'Seward/Whittier followed by a drive/train in Alaska, followed bya a reverse to Seattle/vancouver, but no warm beaches there.

The European choices are also more difficult, no warm beaches, and the East/West Transatlantics are separated by 5 or more months, making you European summer very extended (Though to some of us that would be a wonderful problem to tackle).

If you have the time off work, you might consider a Panama canal cruise, followed by a layover in Florida or Souther Cal, with a return Canal cruise..

There could be some South American cruises that offer the opportunity to have a week stay before hopping back to the US.

In any case, I think you have a great plan, but will have to wait for the confluence of positive Karma, and do a lot of research to come up with the solution, but it is a good problem to work on.

We did a B2B with a break in the fall, but it did involve flights. We flew to UK and took an Infinity wine cruise from Harwich. We then spent two weeks in UK before coming home on the Eclipse TA. We could have had a shorter break in UK, by taking a later wine cruise, but we had family to visit. Of course UK can hardly be considered a beach vacation location, but there are lots of interesting places to visit.

Sheila