Phone call from RCCL???

tamilyn

Received a message on our answering machine today from "Rosie" from RCCL about our upcoming cruise leaving this weekend. She referenced our booking number, etc. We have tried calling back and get voicemail every time. Could it be the upgrade fairy or do you think there is some problem or something else? Any thoughts?

Received a message on our answering machine today from "Rosie" from RCCL about our upcoming cruise leaving this weekend. She referenced our booking number, etc. We have tried calling back and get voicemail every time. Could it be the upgrade fairy or do you think there is some problem or something else? Any thoughts?

Did you leave a message on the voice mail? I would leave a message with a cell phone number you can be reached at.

Does Celebrity and RCCL have the same office in Witchita? They have closed the office early due to bad weather. They may be closed tomorrow, too. I'd keep trying!!!

Fingers crossed for you!!!

Yes, we left a message on the voicemail. We have also received the call welcoming us back onboard but this one referenced our booking number and did not seem to be the same welcome aboard message as before. We will keep trying. Just wondering if anyone else had ever received a similar call.

I almost always get a call a few days before a cruise just to welcome me on board.

Gina

Yes we do also..but regardless my heart races a little with just the thought that it might be an upgrade...until I realize it's not :(

Try calling the number posted on their web-site 866) 562-7625 and explain the phone call. They would know the correct department to transfer for you to.

I almost always get a call a few days before a cruise just to welcome me on board.

Gina

Is that because of your C&A level or because you are in a suite? We have never had a call prior to a cruise. Possibly they only do this in US and not in UK? We have our first "proper" suite booked for May so maybe we will get a call then.

Is that because of your C&A level or because you are in a suite? We have never had a call prior to a cruise. Possibly they only do this in US and not in UK? We have our first "proper" suite booked for May so maybe we will get a call then.

Most of the time we aren't in a full suite. But these phone calls have been going on for a couple of years or more. We cruise often so I get them often. I've even had them on the answering machine when we return from a B2B since I'm not home to get the call for the second leg of the trip (you'd think they'd make that connection and not call). I've gotten over thinking it's an upgrade call, especially since I have auto upgrades selected on my C&A site.

Gina

Does Celebrity and RCCL have the same office in Witchita? They have closed the office early due to bad weather. They may be closed tomorrow, too. I'd keep trying!!!

Fingers crossed for you!!!

RCI's C&A office is located in Springfield Oregon now. Celebrity Captain's Club is located in Wichita.

I have never gotten a phone call from RCCL welcoming me on board in 8 cruises. The only phone calls I have gotten was the one last October telling me not to come early for an Allure cruise because of customs backup.

Well, we got a call back this morning. She told us they had overbooked the Indy and was offering us a spot on the Allure leaving the same day but getting back a day later than our original cruise. Unfortunately had to turn it down because of returning flights, etc. Darn! I knew it wasn't the usual welcome back call but didn't expect this.

Gina

we get these alot too, and never stay in a suite. I'm always having the conversation and waiting for and...AND....AND;) It never came, but I did get upgraded for my cruise in 2 weeks, but no call, just automatic!

Well, we got a call back this morning. She told us they had overbooked the Indy and was offering us a spot on the Allure leaving the same day but getting back a day later than our original cruise. Unfortunately had to turn it down because of returning flights, etc. Darn! I knew it wasn't the usual welcome back call but didn't expect this.

Wow, I am on Indy this Sunday, and I didn't get a phone call. That would have been a tempting offer though....I think I would have tried to change my flights!!!!

Interesting topic. We are diamond plus members and have never received a call before our cruise for any reason and have never gotten an upgrade of any kind....... :-(

But I do enjoy some of the benefits of being diamond plus, so all is well.

It was a very tempting offer, but airfare at this late date was just not worth it plus the schedules on Sunday were terrible. We have not received the welcome back call yet - interesting! I suppose this is as close to an upgrade as we will ever get and missed out!

Wish they would call us! We are retired and can change any dates! We have never received a welcome back call have cruised RCL 8 times