Seasickness... Yes or No?

AXiDMonica

Do you normally get seasick?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you normally get seasick?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Reading these boards you see the mention of people who get seasick... I never have, not even in the roughest of water.

So my question to you all... In NORMAL weather, do you get seasick?

[Note: We are not talking about super storms where they bring out the upchuck bags. I'm talking about just regular sailings.]

Reading these boards you see the mention of people who get seasick... I never have, not even in the roughest of water.

[Note: We are not talking about super storms where they bring out the upchuck bags. I'm talking about just regular sailings.]

Never.

We've sailed in a superstorm once. Think Gilligan's Island, where the professor thought the island was sinking and the castaways had to practice eating and sleeping on the fake rocking boat. Glasses and plates fell off our tables, everyone bumped into walls while walking. We were fine. Most of the other passengers were not so lucky.

Edited by stargate fan

Love rough seas, never been seasick.

knock on wood

IF you are lucky enough NOT to be prone to motion sickness (in a car) then you won't get seasick. Those of us who get motion sickness do not have to suffer. I haven't gotten seasick once since I just take my Meclazine tabs(generic that is in Dramamine II )before the ship leaves.

Not sure the purpose of this poll??

Never. DH doesn't either. 15 cruises including a few with rough waters. One had 25 foot swells one morning and another was two days of rough seas down the coast of the Carolinas. Even when most other folks start feeling bad, it doesn't bother us. I'm usually out roaming the ship and watching the waves - I love it.

My stomach is never feels quite right, but never enough to make me stop cruising! I used to use the patches that you put behind your ear, but on the last two cruises, they have messed with my vision. I'm going to try Dramamine on my next cruise. Fingers crossed that it works!

I've never gotten seasick on a cruise ship, but sometimes I feel like the ship is still moving AFTER the cruise. Bonine usually helps get rid of that swaying feeling.

Mal De Debarquement info located at:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mal_de_debarquement

Yep, that's it. :)

Edited by CruisinCrow

Hi Monica :)

My wife & I never get sea sick, however every now and then we

experience Mal De Debarquement after a voyage.

Mal De Debarquement info located at:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mal_de_debarquement

:)

I did experience this once, after our first 8-day cruise. (We had four sea days.) The day after we got home I was in a classroom and had to sit on a table because the room was rocking so badly. Thankfully the students didn't notice. It was the weirdest feeling. I never had that happen before nor since. But I do remember feeling quite green that day.

I have problems w this for many cruises and this is now my best way of handling it... One I get a balcony so I can get fresh air.. Two the first day is the hardest and a couple of drinks solves the problem... Keep active! The minute you stop moving you feel the boat most...

Now after my cruises to me is the hardest .. "Land legs" I guess they call it:. Don't know why but for a week after I feel like I am still rocking.... Lol

So for me cruising is my top fav way to travel! Even w the rocking .. Enjoy and have a fabulous time! Chris

Interesting to see the comment about car sickness, playing a role in seasickness. DD just started getting carsick, and also sick when flying. Now she just pops in a piece of ginger gum, and she is fine, for the flight and the drive. Funny though, this started about two years ago, but she still doesn't feel anything on the ship.:confused::confused::confused:

I have only been on two cruises. I did not experience seasickness on either one. One was quite rocky at times.

I AM prone to motion sickness in cars, and was quite seasick on a one day fishing boat trip I went on a few years back. (Jumping off the boat and swimming for a while was the recommended -- and effective -- cure.)

If I do not take a motion pill before the ship leaves on the first night I will start to feel sick within a few hours. I have never actually gotten sick though. It is only the first night that I need to take something. I am usually fine the rest of the time.

Interesting to see the comment about car sickness, playing a role in seasickness. DD just started getting carsick, and also sick when flying. Now she just pops in a piece of ginger gum, and she is fine, for the flight and the drive. Funny though, this started about two years ago, but she still doesn't feel anything on the ship.:confused::confused::confused:

Where is it that you find ginger gum? We are taking DD on a cruise in March and I worry about her getting seasick. She typically doesn't feel well on long car rides and will sometimes get sick.

We always take Ginger Root Capsules as a preventative and none of us has ever been sick on a cruise ship. We have been in pretty rough seas - enough to make it hard to walk on the upper decks without holding on to the walls. My husband does get seasick on smaller fishing boats but never on a cruise ship. We always take meds with us just in case but have never used them. I throw them away when they expire and buy another small box.

Where is it that you find ginger gum? We are taking DD on a cruise in March and I worry about her getting seasick. She typically doesn't feel well on long car rides and will sometimes get sick.

Any of the larger pharmacy stores.....CVS, Walgreens, etc. I believe it's in the same area as the Vitamin C, and other pills like that.

Even though she is 15 now, she won't swallow pills.....

Works wonders....:D:D

I have only been on two cruises. I did not experience seasickness on either one. One was quite rocky at times.

I AM prone to motion sickness in cars, and was quite seasick on a one day fishing boat trip I went on a few years back. (Jumping off the boat and swimming for a while was the recommended -- and effective -- cure.)

But I wouldn't recommend doing that on a cruise ship! :eek: