No Upgrade Request Question

HleeCruiser

Where on the Cruise Personalizer do I select "No Upgrade". We are in a cabin we like and do not want to be upgraded.

Or is this request located somewhere else?

Thanks,

If you booked direct through Princess it is asked during the online booking process.

If you booked through a TA they would have to call Princess.

If the TA knew there product they should have asked you that when you booked.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

• 4 months later...
Where on the Cruise Personalizer do I select "No Upgrade". We are in a cabin we like and do not want to be upgraded. Or is this request located somewhere else?

Question please - We have a B2B2B booked and asked Princess Rep to mark as No-Upgrade since we are in the same cabin for these 3 cruise segments. So - where on the Princess Cruise Personalizer are people seeing these Up-Grades -or- is it just that the cabin number changes?

Where on the Cruise Personalizer do I select "No Upgrade". We are in a cabin we like and do not want to be upgraded. Or is this request located somewhere else?

Question please - We have a B2B2B booked and asked Princess Rep to mark as No-Upgrade since we are in the same cabin for these 3 cruise segments. So - where on the Princess Cruise Personalizer are people seeing these Up-Grades -or- is it just that the cabin number changes?

A week ago we were notified by email about our cabin upgrade and then checked our "Cruise Personalizer" and the cabin number and catergory was changed. Not sure if it shows up anywhere else?

Your cabin assignment would change on the cruise personalizer. With three cruises in a row the odds of them changing your cabin is slim. They do everything possible to avoid passengers having to change cabins on b2b's. It is disruptive on turn-around day for the cabin stewards, not to mention the passengers. And with your booking marked no upgrade, you really should be fine.

A week ago we were notified by email about our cabin upgrade and then checked our "Cruise Personalizer" and the cabin number and catergory was changed. Not sure if it shows up anywhere else?

On your boarding pass and luggage tags when you print them out.

One would hope you would get some type of notification :rolleyes: before any changes are made but that does not always happen. :(

For an automatic complimentary upgrade, the notification never goes out until after the change is made -- it gets sent out automatically by the system to the TA if you have one, or to the email address under the first person listed on the booking if you booked direct with Princess.

I check my booking summary almost daily. Just paranoid I guess. I received an unwanted upgrade once and called Princess quickly and they changed back. I thought for sure I had checked no upgrade when booking but who knows. We book direct with Princess and always pick the cabin we want. Last few cruises it's been Lido deck. Love location and they would have to give me a suite to go somewhere else. ;)

It is not on the Personalizer. You need to call Princess or your TA if you booked with one.

This annoys me. Unless you know to say "no upgrade" and that you need to call to say it, you are not guaranteed the cabin you paid for. One more problem with their web site they need to examine.

This annoys me. Unless you know to say "no upgrade" and that you need to call to say it, you are not guaranteed the cabin you paid for. One more problem with their web site they need to examine.

The working premise is "Everybody would eagerly accept a cabin upgrade".

It is not a web site issue, it is a corporate policy issue. Our last cruise had two cabins booked side by side, bookings linked and both cabins designated as no upgrade.

Yup, one cabin was "upgraded" and the email notification doesn't go out until after you have been assigned a new cabin and somebody else has been booked into your original cabin. Always a mess to get your original cabin back.

Thank You All for your prompt & informative replies. We always deal direct with Princess & understand that a cabin change is unlikely...but - sure would be nice to have some written record of my request with the Princess rep for "No Up-Grade Status " similar to all the other Cruise Booking Confirmation stuff required e.g. - beds, dinning, insurance, transfers, etc., just in case. Again - thanks for the help. Fred

It is not a web site issue, it is a corporate policy issue. Our last cruise had two cabins booked side by side, bookings linked and both cabins designated as no upgrade.

It is a web site issue in that there is nowhere on the site you can indicate that you don't want to accept the corporate policy of upgrading.

Yup, one cabin was "upgraded" and the email notification doesn't go out until after you have been assigned a new cabin and somebody else has been booked into your original cabin. Always a mess to get your original cabin back.

Oh the shame. :(

When you call you need to be very specific and ask them to record your wishes on your booking.

We are on OP for our next Christmas cruise and, as all the suites had gone when we booked, we deliberately chose what is reckoned to be the quietest mini-suite (beneath the internet café), even though it is not the highest grade mini-suite.

I then contacted Princess and asked to be put on the wait list for an Owner's suite.

However, I specifically told them that I was not interested in being considered for an upgrade to the next grade of mini-suite (below the pool area and bandstand) or an upsell / upgrade to a Penthouse suite (useless forward facing balcony) and that, unless they were able to offer me a (paid) move to an Owner's suite, I wanted to remain in my chosen cabin.

A few days later, and this is the important point, I them phoned again and asked a different person to confirm that the above information is exactly what is showing on my booking.