Kids Sail Free Promos?

We are looking at this cruise line and have two young children. Since we live in the midwest, we have the expense of airfare as well. We've taken our two kids on two cruises now (another line) but looking at Royal Caribbean ships now. Can anyone tell me if and when they offer kids sail free promos? Very interested in this!

We are looking at this cruise line and have two young children. Since we live in the midwest, we have the expense of airfare as well. We've taken our two kids on two cruises now (another line) but looking at Royal Caribbean ships now. Can anyone tell me if and when they offer kids sail free promos? Very interested in this!

I haven't seen a kids free promo on RCL in a long time. Maybe 2007ish was the last I remember. NCL seems to have a kids free promo every year.

I've always found that it is only a fraction more to get them their own cabin as the child prices are quite high especially if you travel in school holidays. The more expensive the cabin you choose the higher the child price, hence why it has been more cost effective for us to choose two cheaper cabins than one more expensive cabin for all 4 of us. For example two outside cabins instead of a D1 Balcony cabin for 4. I have seen free child places on MSC and P&O on a few selected sailings usually during term-time have offered 90% reduction for children.

• 2 weeks later...

Just sending your post and if you haven't already booked starting tomorrow RCCL will be having a promo were kids sail free and $50 pp deposit. I too was waiting and look for this promotion for our two kids. The promo is not on the website yet but if you call they will inform you of it.

Seems one is coming according to facebook. Here's the thread with the information:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1999085

pretty much never. especially when the kids are out of school or the 'popular' family friendly itineraries and ships.

at best you can get a good deal on persons 3 and 4 in a cabin.

pretty much never. especially when the kids are out of school or the 'popular' family friendly itineraries and ships.

Nope, Denise - this time you are wrong. ;) Tomorrow begins a new promotion, as others have said: 3rd & 4th passengers sail free.

Contact the travel agent of your choice today - they should already have the information.

If you don't want to call or use a travel agent, wait until tomorrow and call Royal Caribbean. The promo begins on March 1.

:)

Kids sail free promo starts tomorrow

book March 1 - 31

sail May 1 thru 12/15/14

New bookings only

Based on availability and capacity controlled

For ANY Bahamas Bermuda Carribbean & Europe sailings

Excludes Grandeur and Quantum

It is not just for kids....the promo is for 3 & 4th pax

regardless of age meaning 0-99+

Free cruise fare but you will pay the usual port taxes/fees

Promo also includes some free upgrades and as low as $50 deposits

You really need to take the time to read threads before you type!!;)

Wow. I hope this applies to our July 26th Oasis Cruise.

Would be willing to cancel and rebook to allow out 2 year old DD to go for free.

Here is hoping!

It will be for new bookings only. Cancelling and rebooking won't be an option.

I called royal carribean about this promo that starts tomorrow and their agent told me that they usually increase the first/second passenger rates to offset the discount. I am considering it also…I got the pricing today for a cruise and will compare it to tomorrow's 3rd/4th free rate. Also, we are a family of five and need a family suite….she said those are excluded from the promos sometimes.

I called royal carribean about this promo that starts tomorrow and their agent told me that they usually increase the first/second passenger rates to offset the discount. I am considering it also…I got the pricing today for a cruise and will compare it to tomorrow's 3rd/4th free rate. Also, we are a family of five and need a family suite….she said those are excluded from the promos sometimes.

I just reran the numbers for our Vision cruise in June and the first and second prices have already been raised to a point where the kid sailing free would still cost more. Think I'll just leave things alone this go 'round.

Nope, Denise - this time you are wrong. ;) Tomorrow begins a new promotion, as others have said: 3rd & 4th passengers sail free.

:)

who you callin' Denise? :p that's my cousin's name. No more chocolate covered cherries for you!

(Dawnmarie)

You really need to take the time to read threads before you type!!;)

umm technically no.. pax 3/4 at taxes and port fees only are for all ages, not just kids. and the fine print does limit the number of available slots on each ship.

so taken broadly I was not incorrect at all.