NCL, not compassionate to loyal customers

F55

Anyone see NCL's website lately? Prices have reduced drastically on Southern March cruises. Too bad they are not compassionate to their loyal customers. Perhaps booking with a travel agent is a better avenue than with them directly.

Anyone see NCL's website lately? Prices have reduced drastically on Southern March cruises. Too bad they are not compassionate to their loyal customers. Perhaps booking with a travel agent is a better avenue than with them directly.

why don't you book at the lower price? What are we missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Welcome to cruise critic. Hope Carnival/Royal Caribbean/MSC/Etc......has been treating you well.

It's a business. If you want compassion try religion, charity, or social work.

It is very common for unsold cabins to be offered at dramatically reduced prices very close to sailing. They will however be the most undesirable as the choice locations would have already been allocated to loyal customers.

If you want to sail at rock bottom prices - and dont' care about cabin selection or location - book last minute. Assuming your preferred voyage isn't sold out.

Edited by BlueRiband

NCL has similar conditions in their contracts as any other mass market cruise line. What comes to loyal customers, NCL has one of best loyalty programs with best perks after only 75 nights onboard - that's why we continue to cruise with them again and again.

It's a business. If you want compassion try religion, charity, or social work.

It is very common for unsold cabins to be offered at dramatically reduced prices very close to sailing. They will however be the most undesirable as the choice locations would have already been allocated to loyal customers.

If you want to sail at rock bottom prices book last minute - and dont' care about cabin selection or location. Assuming your preferred voyage isn't sold out.

Agree!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and interesting first post:)

Booking with a TA will not change the price. Most usually the prices that I've seen are about the same as ncl advertised price, maybe slightly cheaper. Just because you book with a TA does not mean you will automatically get a price reduction when a price drops after final payment date instead of you calling ncl for an adjustment it would be the TA calling on your behalf. A TA may offer perks ontop of what ncl is offering but it's not always the case. If you want to book a few weeks out to make sure you get the lowest rate you think you'd be getting then that's something you need to decide.

I don't understand how others don't understand ncl is a business and the main objective of a business is to make money. if reducing the price of a cabin is what needs to be done to sell out a ship that's what they need to do. It's not that hard to understand.

Here's a tip from a loyal passenger....I'm Platnum on NCL but also on Royal and Carnival.....Here's a universal tip!!

NEVER, NEVER,NEVER book your cruise early for this exact reason! Unless you want a highly, highly sought after cabin like an aft suite with wrap around balcony, you don't need to book in advance. Even for Haven suites you don't need to book early. You will never get a good deal booking in advance.

In this day of many, many mega ships, you can find a great deal last minute and a great cabin. Book as late as you possibly can wait! Always.

I don't understand what you mean. Most businesses have last minute closeout prices for unsold merchandise. Just because a business advertises a few left over items at closeout prices, why in the world would they go back through all their previously year's sales of that item and refund the previous purchasers. This practice is true on hotels, automobiles, year end clothing, and the list goes on and on. It's just a logical way to get some monetary return on unsold merchandise, and the cruise industry is no different than the other mentioned businesses models. As another poster said, just wait until the last minute and see what's available if that fits your schedule and wants. However, in our case, the price of our cruises have gone up more times than they've gone down.

Even for Haven suites you don't need to book early. You will never get a good deal booking in advance.

In this day of many, many mega ships, you can find a great deal last minute and a great cabin. Book as late as you possibly can wait! Always.

I agree and disagree- Haven suites during peak times can sell out and our present booking has gone up over $1000 for our family. That being said- the price for S9 on the same cruise has gone down from $3400 to $1900!!

But I know going in that others may get a steaming deal on their cruise-and I really cannot get annoyed . I have the suite that I want .

Once our kids are in college I won't be booking early!!

Here's a tip from a loyal passenger....I'm Platnum on NCL but also on Royal and Carnival.....Here's a universal tip!!

NEVER, NEVER,NEVER book your cruise early for this exact reason! Unless you want a highly, highly sought after cabin like an aft suite with wrap around balcony, you don't need to book in advance. Even for Haven suites you don't need to book early. You will never get a good deal booking in advance.

Your absolutely right our aft suite has gone up $800 pp since we booked.

Doing the happy dance.

Your absolutely right our aft suite has gone up $800 pp since we booked.

Yep, our originally over a year ago booked suite (we upgraded since) for our upcoming cruise went up $200pp and there is only one suite category on our cruise that hasn't gone up at least $200 to $400 per person or hasn't been sold out completely and we are already past final payment for suites.

Not slamming or being mean, but pointing out the obvious.

First post and lacking of common business sense or logic.

Trying to figure out where they think NCL is not being compassionate. What is the complaint? Should they not have a sale?

I definitely do not agree with this. We have always booked in advance, and have never paid more than the last minute cruisers. Are fares have always been substantially less. Maybe if you're cruising in the off season your theory would work.

I definitely do not agree with this. We have always booked in advance, and have never paid more than the last minute cruisers. Are fares have always been substantially less. Maybe if you're cruising in the off season your theory would work.

Then you got lucky, pure and simple. Last minute deals, especially lately, have been unbelievable.

Then you got lucky, pure and simple. Last minute deals, especially lately, have been unbelievable.

A lot depends on when and where one is going- if you are cruising during a holiday or during school vacation time you may be better off booking ahead of time. Each traveler must figure out what works best for them and there is no cut and dried answer.

LMB - you are correct. I just checked for our April cruise, and the price dropped by $400. This is the first time I've seen it like this. I wonder why?

Prices for our cruise in April have been rising and our category has been sold out for several weeks (aft penthouse suite). While we are not in the Haven but noticed that it is completely sold out. We booked early and saved about $800. With pricing it's all supply and demand and you'll need a crystal ball:)

Prices for our cruise in April have been rising and our category has been sold out for several weeks (aft penthouse suite). While we are not in the Haven but noticed that it is completely sold out. We booked early and saved about $800. With pricing it's all supply and demand and you'll need a crystal ball:)

Our whole ship is open, including the haven. I wonder why? Seems so odd for a spring break cruise not to be sold out. I could care less about the price difference (sounds bad, I know). I got the cabins I wanted and I'm good with that.

You joined Cruise Critic and posted this incoherent message? If you have an issue, explaining it fully so that others might understand would make your time spend joining much more productive. At least I am assuming your reason for posting was to inform people.

Anyway, enjoy your cruise.

LMB - you are correct. I just checked for our April cruise, and the price dropped by $400. This is the first time I've seen it like this. I wonder why?

You're on the Getaway. They don't have the information yet to know what pricing levels are sustainable on the new ship. New ship prices tend to always be high...but if they turn out to be set too high to fill the ship they'll lower them at the last minute. Eventually they'll know what the proper price point is for the ship.

If you are cruising the Caribbean I believe it's mainly because so many new ships are offering so many new cabins to fill. All lines, not just NCL. More supply and stagnant demand (economy not great) equals lower prices usually.

You're on the Getaway. They don't have the information yet to know what pricing levels are sustainable on the new ship. New ship prices tend to always be high...but if they turn out to be set too high to fill the ship they'll lower them at the last minute. Eventually they'll know what the proper price point is for the ship.

That makes sense.