Just returned from 10 days aboard Emerald Princess..any ??????.

marco

We will be on the Emerald for the 20 day voyage next month. I am wondering which ports might have things and places to see within walking distance of the dock? Any shore excursions you would recommend? Did you happen to meet our friends, Arletta and Vic, while onboard?

I thought the pools were fine, temperature-wise. Hot tubs could have been a tad cooler for me. All the ports now have a "shopping mall" right at the dock, whether it be slick, cute buildings or open air stalls. We have been on this or similar itineraries many times, so did not do any ship's tours. Folks in our group did the tube rafting (forgot where) they enjoyed that. Walked up to the fort in Grenada on our own (about a 10 minute walk), entrance is $2 and a guide brought us through it, from there walked to the Episcopal and Presbyterian church that are pretty much in ruin after the severe 2004 (I think) hurricane, and the Cathedral that is restored. There is a beach walkable from the dock in Bonaire. Not sure which itinerary you'll be on, as I believe they alternate itineraries every other sailing. We went to Princess Cays (really good shorkeling, we brought our own gear, but you can rent it). St Thomas (disappointed that we docked at Crown Bay, not Havensight), fun to look at jewelry, but there are NO bargains anymore. Dominica (best island for eco-tourism) Grenada, Bonaire and Aruba (great beaches but you have to take a cab). We thought all the crew was VERY friendly, accommodating, engaging, and went out of their way to please. I am VERY happy with the Princess onboard experience and have sailed with them many times. To date, on the Emerald anyway, they do not offer a beverage package, other than the bottles of wines at dinner package. We stayed in Fla a few days after the cruise, so we did not use this feature, but I think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.....if you are flying home directly from the cruise, it's called "easy check", or something like that. You get luggage tags and boarding passes on the ship. You put your luggage outside your cabin on the last night and you don't touch or see it again until it's on the carousel at your destination airport! Go to the airport in FLL or MIA with your boarding pass, hand luggage and go directly to your gate! Absolutely no dealing with your luggage!

Edited by marco

Hi

We are on the Emerald princess from the 27th February for 10 nights and wondered if the all inclusive drinks package is available on this ship?

I have conflicting stories

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We boarded on Jan 18th and disembarked on Feb 7th. No all inclusive drink packages were available during those times. Look for the happy hours. They were 2pm to 4pm and then also later at night. The happy hour drinks were posted at the bars, but the waiters did not push them. Beer buckets also available, I think it is 5 for the price of 4.

We did not use the Sanctuary. We did go cheek it out and did the little "tour" upon embarkation. Seems to me it was pricy. I could be incorrect, but for some reason $209 sticks in my head. I think if you go on their web site, the price and what it includes might be there, and if you pre-book, you might get discount. I know some folks booked massages pre-cruise via their website. However, there is no charge to use the gym, steam and sauna and the Sanctuary pool. That pool is not large, there are not a lot of loungers and it's in a kind of closed and confined area. We never used it. Also, it's only available 8:30- 5:30PM (or hours thereabouts)

Edited by marco

We had a wonderful time on a 10 day Caribbean cruise aboard Emerald Princess Feb 7-17. If you are sailing soon on this ship/itinerary and have any ????'s, I'd be happy to answer any questions.

How were the mattresses and what kind of stateroom did you have

Also on this cruise. For the first time didn't order an egg crate and the mattress was fine. We were on Caribe balcony cabin.

Entertainment was great, music in all the lounges. Especially enjoyed the band Accent(male and female singers outstanding). For people who love to dance, big Princess band in explorers for dancing, also dance music in Wheelhouse as well as Club Fusion.

Singer and Dancer shows were new to us. We cruise often on Princess and nice to see shows we hadn't seen before.

Kimberly Locke (a finalist on season 2 of American Idol) performed one night and she was very talented.

I hated to leave after 10 days and had wished we would have done a B2B.

Loved the ports, some new to us.

In Grenada did the Princess tour

that was on catamaran Rhum Runner, tours around the island and narated. Then we were taken to a beach, boat went right up to the sand. All the while drinking unlimited Rum drinks. Steel drums playing

music and on the way back dancing and Limbo. It was so much fun.

In Bonaire took a private tour of island with Aiches tours and Sue owns the company. Only $30.00 per person and well worth the total Island experience. By the way don't miss the big craft market there

, really nice stuff.

In St. Thomas took the Princess tour to St. John's and toured the Island, well worth the cost. After plenty of time to shop at Crown Bay craft market. Got Larimor jewelry for very cheap. Didn't feel the need to go to Havensight area unless your plan is for big jewelry shopping.

Food and service very good.

Edited by san diego sue

We stayed in Fla a few days after the cruise, so we did not use this feature, but I think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.....if you are flying home directly from the cruise, it's called "easy check", or something like that. You get luggage tags and boarding passes on the ship. You put your luggage outside your cabin on the last night and you don't touch or see it again until it's on the carousel at your destination airport! Go to the airport in FLL or MIA with your boarding pass, hand luggage and go directly to your gate! Absolutely no dealing with your luggage!

Absolutely agree EZ Check is a great way to end a cruise and well worth the $20 per person charge:). Not sure about MIA, but in Ft. Lauderdale you flight must be after 11:30 am.

We enjoyed the dancing. We usually went to the Wheelhouse before dinner for drinks and the duo playing were really good. Waltz, foxtrot, cha-cha. They billed it a couple of nights as "Big Band Sound". Dance floor was plenty big enough. The women was a vocalist as well and had a really good voice. Other than late night dancing up in the "disco" (they don't call it that any more) that's pretty much the extent of the dancing we did. The DJ in "the disco" was great. Lots of 50's and 60's stuff and if you requested something, the next song played was your request. He came out and engaged with the crowd, too. As far as the bedding, I thought it VERY comfortable. We are "elite" status and supposedly we get "Upgraded" bedding, but I think that just refers to the linen. We had down pillows. I don't know if that's considered an "upgrade", but personally, I would have preferred foam.As for the EZ check, as we did not use it, I don't remember all of the specifics, but they did offer it for folks flying home from both FLL and MIA. Lots of folks doing B2B. I think they said it was something like 500 plus. Also met a few folks who were doing B3B. Don't know that's what you'd call it in short hand, but they were staying on for 3 cruises. They said said doing that for 30 days, when all was said and done, it was cheaper than renting a place in Fla for a month.

Edited by marco

Marco, was the snorkeling at princess Cay an extra fee or just right there at the main beach? I have my own equipment.

Sorry for the double post. I tried to delete but it won't go .

Edited by Nan_Sea

In Grenada did the Princess tour

that was on catamaran Rhum Runner, tours around the island and narated. Then we were taken to a beach, boat went right up to the sand. All the while drinking unlimited Rum drinks. Steel drums playing

music and on the way back dancing and Limbo. It was so much fun.

OK Sue, you're a good saleswoman, I just booked this also. Looks like fun.

Thanks!!

Yes, they do rent the snorkel equipment. As we brought our own, I don't know what the rental fees were. I also brought my own noodle. I paid a buck for it at the $ store. I used it at the Cay, at other beaches, in the pool on the ship (I was not the only one) and left it on the ship when disembarking. They were renting them at the CAY for FIVE DOLLARS.