mariner rebates for pre-booked meals

dr.dawg

hi, all. i am a 4-star mariner sailing from march 23 through april 6 on the nieuw amsterdam. i prebooked -- well my ta did it for me -- eight dinners at specialty restaurants. 4 canaletto, two each pinnacle and tamarind. the full cost was put on my charge card. now, my question is how do i get my 50% off? is it through an obc registered for each meal at the time of dining? in other words, i have already paid full price for the meals, so what now? thanks so much for your words of wisdom.

HAL charges us full price for Pinnacle and Tamarind booking if we make them on line in advance of boarding. We are five star and have never had a problem getting the discount applied and that amount credited to our OBC. Five Star get two free Pinnacle Dinners and they automatically refunded what we pre-paid.

HAL charges us full price for Pinnacle and Tamarind booking if we make them on line in advance of boarding. We are five star and have never had a problem getting the discount applied and that amount credited to our OBC. Five Star get two free Pinnacle Dinners and they automatically refunded what we pre-paid.

Remind me again what happens if you need to cancel or change a prepaid dinner.

Remind me again what happens if you need to cancel or change a prepaid dinner.

Not normally a problem. Just stop and see the Maitre'd at the restaurant in question and ask them to change your reservation. We have never cancelled so have no personal experience...but assume they would credit-back the appropriate amount to your onboard account.

Hank

is it through an obc registered for each meal at the time of dining?
It should be automatically applied after each meal, but sometimes we have had to go to the front desk when it wasn't. Edited by catl331

There is no penalty for cancelling a Pinnacle, Tamarind or Canaletto Reservation. You will get full refund as credit to your shipboard account. If you cancel prior to the cruise, the credit is applied to your credit card.

On our last 3 cruises -- 3 different ships -- our "loyalty" discounts for pre-booked specialty dinners appeared as a lump sum as shipboard credit within a couple of days after we boarded the ship as shipboard credit.

I make a habit of asking for a copy of our shipboard account by day 3 of our cruises to make certain that we have gotten all shipboard credit that we are due.

my post was NOT about cancelling anything; i'm totally happy with the eight reservertions i made. i was asking about getting the 50% rebate. thanks, folks, for your attention to this question. the issues of cancellatins, etc., are not to my question. my question is if i go to the venue with my friend, and we eat there, how is the rebate taken care of. thanks, anyway.

still confused. i mean, if meal charged to my acct. at canaletto, and on my accout i can get 50% off, and the original charge is on my credit card, how can i get $10 off; is that obc? please, this is a simple question, and thanks for helping me with advice.

i mean, if meal charged to my acct. at canaletto, and on my accout i can get 50% off, and the original charge is on my credit card, how can i get $10 off; is that obc? please, this is a simple question, and thanks for helping me with advice.

Yes. Everyone has said that the difference is put to your On Board account as OBC, once you board.

heaven sakes. i only asked a simple question. scenario; no cancellation, no nothing. booked pre-cruise on credit card. i am the one who booked it for 2 with my credit card. the charge shows up pre- cruise; full price. ok. we show up at the restaurant, reservation fine, meal fine. but i deserve a 50% discount since the meal is on my bill. this has been ok in the past. but now, how do i get my discount? hal charged my credit card pre-cruise for the full amount of the dinner for 2. on my pax 1 account. now if the meal on my charge bill is, let's say, x amount of dollars, am i going to get credited for half of the cost of that meal on obc, which i have in the past, or what? to simplify even more; a night in tamirind is 40 bucks for 2; on my account. but i am a 4star, which means it should be 20 bucks. where does this show up; i already paid the 40 bucks. no cancellations, no nothing, just simple answers from regular pax, not those staying in luxury suites, please. who could not probably

care less.

my post was NOT about cancelling anything; i'm totally happy with the eight reservertions i made. i was asking about getting the 50% rebate. thanks, folks, for your attention to this question. the issues of cancellatins, etc., are not to my question. my question is if i go to the venue with my friend, and we eat there, how is the rebate taken care of. thanks, anyway.

still confused. i mean, if meal charged to my acct. at canaletto, and on my accout i can get 50% off, and the original charge is on my credit card, how can i get $10 off; is that obc? please, this is a simple question, and thanks for helping me with advice.

Reread my post.

I answered your question in Post #3 in this thread.

how is the rebate taken care of. thanks, anyway. still confused.

Don't be so snippy and read the answers.

You will see individual credits for each restaurant dinner posted to your on board account which, of course, will reduce your final bill accordingly.

thanks, sail, but i am neither cruise-experienced or wealthy enough, like yourself, to have free dining venues right and left. i still enjoy cruising, and i do admire your means and ability to be 'above it all.'

WOW!! How was this called for? Sail answered your question along with numerous others. And courteously! I don't know how many times you have to be told, but the 50% is returned to you by way of obc (On Board Credit).

Please don't complain about cc'ers being abrupt with you on the boards again. People are trying to help you in a polite manner. I respectfully suggest you adopt the same tenor in your posts and read the answers posted

If you prepaid 29.00 for one PC meal, after you attend that meal, you will see on your onboard account a -14.50. This will happen for each of your prepaid meals. If there are two of you and you prepaid 58.00 for the PC meal; after you attend that meal, you will see on your onboard account the figure -29.00. These credits will reduce the overall amount owed.

I guess you missed my answer in post #9.

All our pre-booked specialty dinners on our last 3 cruises, the refunds show up on our shipboard account under "Loyalty" and everything came back as a LUMP SUM.

None showed up individually.

oh, forget it, folks. we'll just 'play it by ear' as musicians say. didn't expect much help anyway; just complications and misdirections. that's ok. thanks, anyway

Sorry, I interjected a related question in this thread which probably accounts for the confusion. I was on Eurodam Feb 16-23 and pre-ordered dinners for two one night at Tamarind for $30 and one night at Pinnacle for $58 and a total of $88 was charged to my VISA. About 4 nights into the cruise, I reviewed my bill and noted the following credits individually indicated on my on-board statement: "50% Loyalty Discount 14.50" "50% Loyalty Discount 14.50" "50% Loyalty Discount 7.50" "50% Loyalty Discount 7.50" . It appears, at least in my case, that the discounts are applied on the first day of the cruise regardless of when you actually take your meals.

I hope this clears things up.

oh, forget it, folks. we'll just 'play it by ear' as musicians say. didn't expect much help anyway; just complications and misdirections. that's ok. thanks, anyway

For those who understand, no explanation is needed.

For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Did you read the posts? There were several, including (but not limited to) posts #2, 3, 7, 12, 20 that directly and accurately answer your question.

The fact that there are other, related, questions asked and answered does not change that.