March 29 Reflection- WHICH MARTINI TO ORDER

Beachmartini55

Hi there fellow cruisers,

This is actually a repost from my roll call- but thought I would take a larger poll.

Anyone out there know what the best martini to order is? and does anyone know if there is also a champagne bar on the Soltice class ships?:cool:

This is actually a repost from my roll call- but thought I would take a larger poll.

Anyone out there know what the best martini to order is? and does anyone know if there is also a champagne bar on the Soltice class ships?:cool:

Easy - try them all. Get the martini flight on the first day! :D

No champagne bar, at least not on Solstice.

No champagne bar, but its available at most venues. There is a martini that contains champagne, its the 20 year martini, pretty darned good! My favorite is the Jaliscotini. Others like the banana split, but its too sweet for me. Be sure to visit the Molecular Bar, too! Neat concept, innovative drinks!

Like everyone said no champagne bar, but it is available is most bars on board. Try the dom perignon 95 its 200 a bottle on board which isnt bad. I have always been impressed with the champagnes they carry on any of the ships I have been on!

My DH loves a chocolate Martini- I love the French Martini!

Enjoy your cruise

Impossible question! The reason they have a list with lots of options, and stock dozens of varieties of vodkas and gins, is because everyone's taste is different.

My own favorites are a gin martini with Hendricks, a dirty martini with Hendricks or Plymouth, the apple martini, or a citrus martini made with the old recipe (not on the martini menu any longer).

Champagne bar: There is not one and the selection does vary a little at the other bars. Best places on the ship for a nice glass of champagne is either Cellarmasters or the Ensemble lounge. If you go to Cellarmasters discuss the selection of available champagnes by the glass with the sommelier/waiter there. Our favorites are the Colin Grand Cru at the high end of the price range and the Codorniu Cava at the low end of the price range which was a great value. If you ever want to purchase an entire bottle of champagne you can ask the bar waiter to get any of them available on the wine lists on the ship. This is best done at slower times or in advance, although the Ensemble lounge has pretty quick access due to its proximity to the specialty restaurants.

Edited by Lsimon

Almond Joy martini? Oh my, that sounds delicious! Cannot wait to give that a go this Saturday! I knew there was a reason I upgraded to the premium package lol

I am not seeing the Almond Joy martini in the martini bar menus I've seen - what is in it? Hoping I can request it even if the Connie doesn't have it on the menu

Edited by roohound

Stoli elite extra dirty...num num num :D

A dirty martini is vodka with olive juice (instead of vermouth).

I agree with the stoli Elit....but just stoli elit with nothing added served up. It is an incredibly smooth vodka. You might want to price out stoli elit and grey goose at your local liquor store before you cruise....and then you may understand that stoli elit is an incredible buy on Celebrity since it costs the same as grey goose.

Almond Joy martini? Oh my, that sounds delicious! Cannot wait to give that a go this Saturday! I knew there was a reason I upgraded to the premium package lol

I am not seeing the Almond Joy martini in the martini bar menus I've seen - what is in it? Hoping I can request it even if the Connie doesn't have it on the menu

We make that at home sometimes.

Start with chocolate vodka, add a splash of coconut rum, and a splash of amoretto.

Yummy!

It really reminds me of the candy bar.

I had it on Connie in 2012..... I think it is Malibu (coconut rum), amaretto, and chocolate vodka. A little chocolate around the rim.....:-). !! I first tried it at the Martini Bar, and was able to order it at some of the other bars.

And with the premium package, don't forget to get a little something in your morning coffee at

Café al Bacio. Great way to start the day!

Cheers!

A dirty martini is vodka with olive juice (instead of vermouth).

I agree with the stoli Elit....but just stoli elit with nothing added served up. It is an incredibly smooth vodka. You might want to price out stoli elit and grey goose at your local liquor store before you cruise....and then you may understand that stoli elit is an incredible buy on Celebrity since it costs the same as grey goose.

I've always had it with Vermouth (I prefer Noilly Prat). But to each their own. I have had the Stoli Elite just poured over ice at the ensemble bar and it was well....num num num :D

I had it on Connie in 2012..... I think it is Malibu (coconut rum), amaretto, and chocolate vodka. A little chocolate around the rim.....:-). !! I first tried it at the Martini Bar, and was able to order it at some of the other bars.

And with the premium package, don't forget to get a little something in your morning coffee at

Café al Bacio. Great way to start the day!

Cheers!

I did not realize that was an option! Thank you so much for the tip!