Kids' C&A status

Our spoiled 10 year old princess will move to Platinum Crown and Anchor status with our cruise in May. I'm just curious to know what status your kids have achieved, and at what ages? My husband and I joke that she'll be Diamond by the time she graduates high school. :D

Our spoiled 10 year old princess will move to Platinum Crown and Anchor status with our cruise in May. I'm just curious to know what status your kids have achieved, and at what ages? My husband and I joke that she'll be Diamond by the time she graduates high school. :D

After our two years old first cruise in 2012 he became Diamond, on the cruise in 2013 he was three and had Diamond on his sea pass card.

Edited by skyking

Ohhhh ... I didn't realize that kids automatically get the same status as their parents. Very interesting. Does that mean they keep their status into adulthood? What a great benefit!! :)

I was curious about what status kids have achieved by actual cruise nights. Our daughter is going on her ninth cruise in April and her tenth in May. Then she'll have enough C&A points to get platinum based on her past cruises.

Edited by ksawyercruiser

I don't think kids keep parents status after turning 18, I believe it reverts then to whatever they'd be with the cruises they've actually been on. I'm sure someone else will either confirm or correct this.

Our daughter will turn 16 on Jewel in a few weeks and will be Diamond after that, based on cruises she has sailed:)

Our three year old has been on 4 rccl cruises and one disney by 3 years and two months. Includes a 14 night transatlantic. He made platinum by 3 all by himself. His card says diamond though, cuz of my and my wifes status.

I don't think kids keep parents status after turning 18, I believe it reverts then to whatever they'd be with the cruises they've actually been on. I'm sure someone else will either confirm or correct this.

Our daughter will turn 16 on Jewel in a few weeks and will be Diamond after that, based on cruises she has sailed:)

WOW! Very cool! Congratulations to your daughter ... she has a lifetime of Diamond (and above) cruise perks ahead of her. I'm slightly jealous. :D

My BIL and his Wife will be taking their grandchildren on a RCL cruise while parents have to work.

Because of flood problems all live at the same address for now.

BIL and Wife are Diamond, so would the grandchildren become D's after sailing, and subsequently could the children enrol their parents as D's after the parents have cruised with RCL with their children?

There is a donation to charity wager resting on the responses, knowing that CC members would have the definite answer

;)

The kids most certainly do keep their parent's status once they turn 18. The only thing that changes is their points revert back to what they actually earned on their own. They keep the status but not the points.

So for example: The parents are Diamond when the child turns 18 but the child has only earned 35 points on their own. What happens is the child remains a Diamond with only 35 points (even though you really need 80) and needs to earn the points from 35 to 175 in order to move up to Diamond plus on their own. Make sense?

My BIL and his Wife will be taking their grandchildren on a RCL cruise while parents have to work.

BIL and Wife are Diamond, so would the grandchildren become D's after sailing, and subsequently could the children enrol their parents as D's after the parents have cruised with RCL with their children?

There is a donation to charity wager resting on the responses, knowing that CC members would have the definite answer

;)

Could it happen with royals inconsistency and horrible IT system, yes. Should it, no. Can you imagine how many parents would game the system and be diamond after just a couple short cruises.

Edited by topnole

The kids most certainly do keep their parent's status once they turn 18. The only thing that changes is their points revert back to what they actually earned on their own. They keep the status but not the points.

So for example: The parents are Diamond when the child turns 18 but the child has only earned 35 points on their own. What happens is the child remains a Diamond with only 35 points (even though you really need 80) and needs to earn the points from 35 to 175 in order to move up to Diamond plus on their own. Make sense?

Hmmm, I did not know this. I thought at 18 their status was changed based on what they had actually earned in cruise points.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hmmm, I did not know this. I thought at 18 their status was changed based on what they had actually earned in cruise points.

Nope, the kids keep the C&A level.

In the past, sometimes Royal has missed unlinking kids from their parent's account when the kids turn 18, and so the kids may have gotten to a higher C&A level, for example at age 19. I've heard of a few cases lately where Royal has "demoted" the kids back to the level they had when the turned 18.

Edited by clarea

Our three year old has been on 4 rccl cruises and one disney by 3 years and two months. Includes a 14 night transatlantic. He made platinum by 3 all by himself. His card says diamond though, cuz of my and my wifes status.

Achieving Platinum by 3 ... based on actual sailings? Awesome! Might be a record. :)

But from other posts, it sounds like he'll automatically share your status even as an adult.

I didn't know any of this. Glad I started this thread.

I would say that if everyone here in this situation weighed in, you would find a substantial number of families with each of these outcomes.

Ah, yes.

Really

Consistently

Inconsistent

Just had a son and probably going on a family new years cruise. He's on the reservation, but do I have to get him a C&A number yet or no? I'm working with C&A to link my wife and I so we get the correct platinum status all ready. Just didn't know how to handle kids, if I do it now or later. Thanks!

;)

I doubt sailing with the grand parents would make them diamond or then transfer to the parents. The system isn't set up to everyone in all directions of a family share status, it's about parents and their kids and cruises sailed.

Of course as someone else said, knowing RCCL's wacko IT systems, who knows what might happen even if it isn't supposed to.......:rolleyes:

Edited by bouhunter

Just had a son and probably going on a family new years cruise. He's on the reservation, but do I have to get him a C&A number yet or no? I'm working with C&A to link my wife and I so we get the correct platinum status all ready. Just didn't know how to handle kids, if I do it now or later. Thanks!

You can sign up your child after the cruise. He will still get credit for the cruise.

I would say that if everyone here in this situation weighed in, you would find a substantial number of families with each of these outcomes.

Ah, yes.

Really

Consistently

Inconsistent

Interesting. I guess when my daughter turns 18, we will find out. Mom and Dad will be diamond plus, while she (based on her own cruise points earned) will likely be Emerald. Allowing her to keep our status level would seems to be a real benefit. Who cares if they reduce her points to Emerald if she gets all the Diamond Plus benefits and discounts?

Now, the real question is......did she earn double points as the third passenger in a Jr. suite? Guess I will have to look at her cruise points...haha!

Interesting. I guess when my daughter turns 18, we will find out. Mom and Dad will be diamond plus, while she (based on her own cruise points earned) will likely be Emerald. Allowing her to keep our status level would seems to be a real benefit. Who cares if they reduce her points to Emerald if she gets all the Diamond Plus benefits and discounts?

Now, the real question is......did she earn double points as the third passenger in a Jr. suite? Guess I will have to look at her cruise points...haha!

Every passenger gets the same points. Sail in a JS, get double points. :)

Achieving Platinum by 3 ... based on actual sailings? Awesome! Might be a record. :)

But from other posts, it sounds like he'll automatically share your status even as an adult.

I didn't know any of this. Glad I started this thread.

Thanks! He went on his first cruise at 16 months, 14 night transatlantic on the liberty. Youngest on the ship. Would have cruised sooner, but for transatlantic they require minimum age of 12 months. Since then been on a 7 day mariner, and JS on explorer for a total of 35 points. In between went on the disney fantasy which was awesome. If not for the price I would cruise disney more.

Your princess will get there in time. :)

I believe the exception to keeping your level is Diamond Plus/ Pinnacle, in that when they turn 18 they would get reverted to Diamond unless they have enough points earned to keep the D+/Pinnacle level.

This happened to a friend of mine, who will be hitting Diamond Plus for the second time in his life on his next cruise in June.

We'll all be bumping up to Platinum on our next cruise (we board in 12 days.... yay!!!), as my wife and I are at 28 points currently, and, assuming we go on every cruise we've booked, we will be one point shy of Emerald at the end of the year and our kids will have 32 points (so they will have earned Platinum on their own just two cruises behind their parents).

My parents are paying for a family cruise for 18 people in December. I'm seriously debating whether to pay the difference myself and upgrade to a JS for both the space and the extra 4 points. At current prices that's be about $700.

Every passenger gets the same points. Sail in a JS, get double points. :)

Good to know, Merion Mom--I can't actually see her points, but if this is the case, then my DD will only face a possible "demotion" to Diamond when she reaches 18. She'll need those discounts once Mom and Dad stop funding her vacations.....:D

We'll all be bumping up to Platinum on our next cruise (we board in 12 days.... yay!!!), as my wife and I are at 28 points

My parents are paying for a family cruise for 18 people in December. I'm seriously debating whether to pay the difference myself and upgrade to a JS for both the space and the extra 4 points. At current prices that's be about $700.

I say pay the 700. For 4 points for 700 that is well worth it. Nothing worse than being one or two points from diamond when you get close.

Good to know, Merion Mom--I can't actually see her points, but if this is the case, then my DD will only face a possible "demotion" to Diamond when she reaches 18. She'll need those discounts once Mom and Dad stop funding her vacations.....:D

That's why I keep a spreadsheet. There's no way to see a minor's points on the website, and I think you have to call just to confirm their level.