Who all does laundry?

apkpcruisers

I'm a big fan of the mid week $25 wash and fold for a bag of laundry. My wife folds everything flat, rolls it and slides it into the bag. The bag was overflowing but it all fits. Last cruise on NCL ($27.99), the piece count was 40 items including jeans and it came back in a heaping basket. On our last cruise on the Splendor, it came back in 3 bags :)

Our upcoming cruise is in June so we won't need to pack winter clothes but we are taking the train to NYC and hauling the suitcases up to the luggage rack has been a challenge in the past so we are packing light and may need to use the laundry room to tide us over. I hear that it takes quarters and that detergent is available for $1.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I always carry a few of the 3 in 1 sheets in my overnight bag and some quarters. Last two cruises I was glad of it as we ended up wet and muddy at least one day. We travel with friends and two loads shared will take care of all of us.

Not usually on a 7 day cruise, but I might send a free bag of laundry out about mid week.

On longer or B2B cruises, my sister might do a couple of loads while we're in port one day. It's usually not busy and she doesn't usually get off the ship.

We did a B2B on the Destiny before we were Platinum, so we did laundry on the second embarkation day. It was easy, but expensive. Now we use the laundry benefit. :p I don't do laundry at home--DH does. He doesn't like to bring home dirty clothes.

And yes, I'm spoiled.

I refuse to waste time doing laundry on my vacation. :) If I have things that need washing I send them to the ship's laundry for them to do. I usually drive to the port and just take enough clothes to last the entire cruise. I can do laundry when I get home.

We've done laundry on the last few cruises. We arrive a day pre cruise and always have heavier winter clothes. I would rather spend $6.00 for laundry than $25 for over weight luggage. Since we are early risers, I put a load in and then go for coffee. Come back and change over the load and go and have another cup of coffee. It doesn't that much time out of our day.

If we drive to a port, then I don't worry about washing on-board.

However, if we are flying, I try to ensure that we have clean clothes before debarking. Clean clothes weigh less than dirty ones, and pack easier :D

oh... so that's why our bags are always heavier on the way back:)

I hate doing laundry at home so there's no way I'm doing it on vacation. If I were gone longer than 8 nights, necessity might force the issue but otherwise, no. I did do one load on our 2012 cruise but only because my daughter got sick and I didn't want the stinky clothes in our room and suitcase.

Now, if there were a bar in the laundry are as other have suggested, I'd consider it :)

I do my own laundry on every cruise. I want my clothes washed to my specs, and wouldn't hand them over for cleaning even if it were free (or if I reached platinum). Also -- oddly enough -- I enjoy doing laundry.

I do at least one load at some point during a cruise. Even though I am platinum, I prefer to do it myself. I also feel the workers work hard enough; they don't need to be doing my dirty laundry !

I did 2 loads in the middle of our 7 day cruise. My teenage son changes his shirt atleast 4 times a day, at home and on vacation. I knew beforehand that I would have to do laundry so brought some travel packs of Tide and dryer sheets. I went ahead and threw another load of whites in while I was at it. I did it on a sea day and just ordered room service for lunch while I waited and watched some TV. Didn't take long at all.

It's a godsend having laundry on-board, especially when traveling with children. You get to pack much lighter and able to bring back more treasures from your ports of call. And now that Carnival is changing over to coin-less machines (use your sail-and-sign card) you no longer need to chase quarters. It's a win win situation. And so much nicer not to have to deal with all that laundry when you return home. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did last year for the first time, mainly because the launderette was conveniently located near our cabin so I could scope out a slow time to go. I had stained my white capris that I really wanted to wear to dinner, so I threw together a couple of loads and went for it. Not bad and it was nice to have some of it taken care of.

Had to add - throw a couple of laundry pods in a ziplock bag to bring with you - very handy!

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

Edited by CatlinSTJ

I don't do laundry on cruises. :D

We either send it out or take it home.

LuLu

~~~ [/quote

Pretty much the way I feel also - while I get free laundry on Carnival, there are some lines where I don't, so I either send it out or do it when I get home, but I have on occasion, washed a few undies out in the sink - no biggie doing that.

Did them midway thru a 7 day cruise on the Dream 2 years ago. First cruise for a family of 4 and I'd read the forums so we brought some tide pod laundry soap cubes and some bounce sheets in a zip lock. I wake up around 6 so hit the laundry and did 2 loads (color sorting was a little weak !) while I walked the boat. Moved it to the dryers and hit the gym. The Dream also used the S&S card instead of quarters (brought a whole bag of them).

We sail on the Sunshine this April for 8 days. I plan on packing way lighter this time and hopefully the wife does the same. Already have the laundry located on the deck plans and have factored it in to my plans. Gives me something to do while everyone else in the cabin is sleeping.

Wouldn't it be cool if they had bar service and some comfy chairs? It make doing the laundry fun :D

Still haven't figured out why the Starbucks/Laundromat combo hasn't become a reality on land....esp near colleges.

I have been on 4 cruises and did not even know there was guest laundry facilities onboard. I am just curious how many people do laundry while at sea.

I hate having to come home and do dirty laundry along with the chores that have been put off while gone. So yup, we do laundry the night before we disembark. FYI they also have a iron available to use in the laundry room if you need to get some wrinkles out. ;)