Breakfast and lunch question.

screwsmcernst

We will be on the Summit in January, and I was wondering if the MDR will be open for breakfast and lunch on port days? I know they will have the brunch on that at sea day. DH and I prefer MDR to buffet if it is possible.

The MDR is always open for Breakfast. We're not big buffet people. However Celebrity has the best waffles and you can't get them in the MDR. I suggest one morning you try the waffle station. Not sure about lunch when in port as we are always ashore during lunch times.

Edited by davekathy

Loved the waffle station that also became the panini station in the rear of the Summit. Is there a similar area on the Silhouette or are we forced to pay the $5.00 upcharge for the waffles and paninis at the Porch?

There is a Panini area on Eclipse in the buffet (very busy) so I presume on Sihouette too.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'm very happy to hear the MDR is open for breakfast. I'm not that concerned about lunch, because we will also be on excursions most days. I have heard great things about the waffles, but I have celiacs disease, so unless they have gluten free batter, I won't be eating them. :(

Thanks for the answers to my question. :)

I'm very happy to hear the MDR is open for breakfast. I'm not that concerned about lunch, because we will also be on excursions most days. I have heard great things about the waffles, but I have celiacs disease, so unless they have gluten free batter, I won't be eating them. :(

Thanks for the answers to my question. :)

They may have gluten-free batter. Ask your waiter. I have found Celebrity very accomodating for special dietary requests.

Loved the waffle station that also became the panini station in the rear of the Summit. Is there a similar area on the Silhouette or are we forced to pay the $5.00 upcharge for the waffles and paninis at the Porch?

There is a waffle station (free) in the Buffet on all Celebrity ships.

Tell the special needs desk ahead of time that you are celiac and need GF foods. Lots of people say to tell them when you get there, and yes, they will do their best to accommodate you, but if you tell them ahead of time then they can be sure to have enough supplies on board for all the GF guests. My husband has been offered GF pancakes, waffles, pasta, pizza and bread. Speak to someone in the MDR and the buffet as well and they will do their best to make sure you have lots of safe options.

Back to the original comment....we came back from our excursions at all different times so usually had a late lunch in the buffet. It was pretty quiet and there were lots of good options available. Mostly we just made super big salads with some pizza on the side.

RE: Gluten free

... Speak to someone in the MDR and the buffet as well and they will do their best to make sure you have lots of safe options. ...

The "someone" you want to talk to is one of the managers or assistant managers of the area. In the buffet they'll be wearing a tie. These people are very familiar with GF and other food allergies and know exactly what is available and what can, and needs to be, done. The waiters and servers may not be, don't always admit it and are not always as careful.

Yes, the "someone" I meant would be someone who's in charge as Lsimon says. Once the buffet manager met my husband he would come speak to him every time we were in the buffet. He would just make sure he was happy with the options and ask if there was anything else he might want. BTW, he never did have any pancakes or waffles, but I got the impression that they would have been the pre-made kind and brought on board, rather than being made at the regular pancake and waffle stations. They are serious about avoiding cross-contamination.