The meaning for PVP

jvparish

I know this sounds like a dumb question but what is a PVP? We booked our cruise on line so how would we get one?

Personal Vacation Planner. One will be assigned to you and will contact you AFTER your first cruise. You can call and ask for one to be assigned prior, but not sure how that would work.

PVP (personal vacation planner). I think once you book online, you don't get one. At least I was told that it was better to call and book with a PVP to get the specialized treatment, and he also said if the price drops, he would take care of it for me. I would just call Carnival and ask if you can transfer your online reservation to a PVP. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Edited by Fitzget

Actually, if you are booked, call and ask for yours!!

I actually got a call today from mine! We booked through a TA but apparently, for some reason, our TA gave our complete cruise over to CCL. So, I got a call today and talked with mine.. He was very knowledgable and went over any worries that I have (we are first time cruisers, going on Fantasy in May)...

I just don't see the need for a PVP.

We have one. I've talked to him before. He's done nothing for me.

We always book on Carnival's website.

BUT, before we book, we are on there ALOT, checking our options.

I feel like ANY TIME I am on there, he blows up my phone, shortly after.:mad:

I just ignore the calls.

If there is something I need, I'll call the toll free number.

I guess I just don't get the need for them:confused:

When we decided to try a PVP, I sent an e-mail to Carnival requesting an "experienced PVP". The following day I got an e-mail from a PVP telling me that he has been with Carnival for ten years and wanted to know what I was interested in. He got back with me with prices and said that I had to call him because they can't book a cruise through e-mails. I'm glad I called because he had quoted me an ES price and I would never book ES.

I just ignore the calls.

When booking on-line, there is only a few cabins that show up. If you have a PVP, they can tell you exactly which cabins are available. We always pick our cabins before we book and know exactly where we want to be. Booking on-line, those cabins might not even show up.

I just ignore the calls.

While I could probably get by without a PVP, I actually appreciate having one. Maybe because she's very knowledgeable and helpful. We do our research way ahead of time and choose which ship and itinerary most interests us, as well as which sail date we prefer. Then, once we've got that narrowed down, I call our PVP to get things started. She stays in touch with us, either by phone or e-mail. True, even when we don't have a cruise "in the works", she calls from time to time, but I don't consider it being pushy. I'm guessing that the PVP's probably get a commision along with their salary. Nothing wrong with wanting to fatten up the paycheck a little.;)

It is free to use them, and they likely get commission-- truly a win-win.

PVP's don't get commissions. They get paid a set amount per booking no matter what kind of cabin you pick plus they get some kind of points which helps them meet their goals and retain employment.

Since the OP has already purchased their cruise the PVP would be working for free since they wouldn't get credit for the booking.

Bill

I just ignore the calls.

I totally agree with you. They really don't do anything more than I can do myself online.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

you can have mine. don't really need her since she doesn't really do much for me other than book my cruise so she earns a commission. when I don't have a cruise booked she calls and bothers me about booking another cruise. sometimes I email her questions or ask for prices on cruises that Im not interested in just to bother her. lol

Personal Vacation Planner. Call Carnival and talk to various ones asking questions about your currently booked cruise pick the one that you like!

This is what we have done when we have needed to get a new pvp.

When I needed to get a new pvp I called and asked to speak with a pvp and asked a question. Just a normal question.

This last time I spoke with one who I had trouble understanding.

I called back and talked with another who was impatient.

Then I called and spoke with the lady who we book with now.

It is good to have someone you can communicate well with, as your pvp can do a lot to help if things with your booking get confused.

Or not.

So choose wisely.

We too had one once, never there when we needed her. She even went on vacation and nobody got her messages and followed up. Had to fight to get the answers when we needed them..

We either reserve online now or go through the 800 number, always get the answers and assistance we need that way. Much more timely.

No more PVP.