First Caribe Balcony

golfb4cruzing

We just got back from a cruise and we also had a Caribe balcony for the first time. OMG it will be hard to go back to a regular sized balcony. It was half covered and you could stretch out. It was great.

You will love it. Had our first Caribe balcony on the Ruby.....C402. We were with 2 other couples and had happy hour every evening before going to dinner on our balcony. Loved it.

Edited by Grammyluvs

We have had a Caribe balcony on all four of our cruises. We try to get close to midship to minimize motion for my wife. We like Caribe and have it on an upcoming cruise on the Caribbean Princess. We are on Dolphin deck on the Royal next year.

Enjoy!!!

We are slightly aft in the low 700s next to an elevator. Pretty happy with that since I have a chronic bad hip. I waffled between Celebrity for the first time or Princess which I totally enjoy. Hopefully we make Princess Cay this trip having missed it twice.

you will love it, that is all that we have booked for the last 10 years. We love the bigger size and that it is partially covered and partially not covered. That way we can have the best of both worlds. We leave in 22 days for a 15 day Hawaiian cruise and you can bet we will be enjoying my Caribe balcony.

Have fun on your cruise and enjoy

We had our first Caribe balcony on our last cruise on the Emerald...it was wonderful! As everyone has said, the best part is half sun/half shade, and the room to stretch out...we also had the Ultimate Balcony Dining on it, for FOUR of us, with a full-sized table, and there was plenty of room...it was so nice to share a really nice dinner with our friends on that balcony.

We booked Caribe again for our upcoming cruise on the CP...can't wait! Once you have one of these balconies, it's really hard going back!;)

100_1865_small.jpg.c6e3d59f8c8c44fdd200e9391a765212.jpg

Edited by LynnMW3
adding picture

We are slightly aft in the low 700s next to an elevator. Pretty happy with that since I have a chronic bad hip. I waffled between Celebrity for the first time or Princess which I totally enjoy. Hopefully we make Princess Cay this trip having missed it twice.
That is our favorite balcony location :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We always get balcony guarantee's, but haven't been upgraded to Caribe yet! Still waiting. Enjoy & report back your findings!!
Your guarantee is probably a Cat BF cabin. With the fleet recategorization last year you can book a forward Cat BE Caribe balcony for just a few more bucks than your guarantee and our favorite aft cabins near the elevator are just a Cat BD. Join the Caribe deck club :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We just got off the Ruby today and enjoyed being back in a Caribe Deck balcony cabin for the first time in several years. We spent a lot of time out there even though it was a short cruise (five nights) with half port days and half sea days. Ours was toward the back of the ship. The vibration was noticeable many times, but not so bad as to interrupt our sleep. We enjoyed the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast that we received from someone. I would have splurged on the Ultimate Balcony Dinner if we had not enjoyed eating in the dining room with our tablemates so much each night.

We have had 9 chairs and a table set up on the balcony for cocktail parties. We always book the port side so we can gather and wave to the people at sailaway from Fort Lauderdale. We have been in 702. 704, 706... We have one booked on the Ruby in January.

I was over the moon when I saw my Caribe balcony for the first time! Not only is there so much more space but I absolutely love the fact that I can choose whether I want to be in the sun or the shade..whether I want to be seen or not..what a luxury to have the choice!!

Camelia

People on Caribe deck (even in the covered area) can be seen by those below on Dolphin desk. Remember, anyone you can see can also see you.

The time we had a Caribe, I had to remind my DH about this and to not step out in his "undies". :D

LuLu

~~~

Edited by OCruisers