No Cruise Documents/Set Sail Pass

We are a little more than a week away from our sailing. Just did the online check-in tonight but were told we can't print our Set Sail Pass. Have double-checked everything and can't find any missing information. Balance paid in full for months. No cruise documents either. We booked online ourselves and plan to call Royal tomorrow (office is currently closed). Any ideas why we are having issues?

We are a little more than a week away from our sailing. Just did the online check-in tonight but were told we can't print our Set Sail Pass. Have double-checked everything and can't find any missing information. Balance paid in full for months. No cruise documents either. We booked online ourselves and plan to call Royal tomorrow (office is currently closed). Any ideas why we are having issues?

The cruise line always does back ups and maintenance on their system on Saturday nights so hopefully that is why you can't print your set sail pass. Check again in the morning, you should be able to do it by then. As far as your cruise documents, they should have been issued over a month ago, definitely call in the morning.

Call them. I had the same thing happen to me recently. My invoice showed that I was paid in full but their system showed that I owed $343, the amount of my state residency discount. It took a while on the phone, but it was fixed.

My cruise is in may and I got my documents a week ago. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks! It has been a few years since we sailed with Royal, and I thought the cruise documents should have been there by now. I thought they might show up once we did the online check-in but no luck. Will definitely call tomorrow!

Thanks! It has been a few years since we sailed with Royal, and I thought the cruise documents should have been there by now. I thought they might show up once we did the online check-in but no luck. Will definitely call tomorrow!

Use this phone number: 800-526-9723

If it's been a while, you may not know that Royal no longer mail's cruise docs unless you agree to the charge to get them. Otherwise they are sent email to the one on the reservation.

Don't worry! I showed up to my last cruise on RCI without the set sail pass. Just make sure you have your passports and you will be fine. The RCI representative had a list in alphabetical order by last name and quickly marked us off and on our way! Have a great trip!

I leave on April 24 on the Exporer. Do Cruise documents matter? I was able to print the Set Sail Passes. When I try to download the Cruise Documents it tells me I opted to receive electronically and that they will send me email notification when they are ready! On the roll call many people are indicating they got their documents already.

I was not going to worry as I have the Set Sail Pass.

I leave on April 24 on the Exporer. Do Cruise documents matter? I was able to print the Set Sail Passes. When I try to download the Cruise Documents it tells me I opted to receive electronically and that they will send me email notification when they are ready! On the roll call many people are indicating they got their documents already.

They only really matter if you are using transfers from the cruise line. Your "ticket" would be in those documents. You can call the cruise line and see if they can see what the problem is on their end.

You're fine. If you have your Set Sail printed, that confirms you're good to go. The documents just confirm your costs, purchase add ons etc. It also has paper luggage tags as well but you can get those at the pier.

told we can't print our Set Sail Pass. Have double-checked everything and can't find any missing information. Balance paid in full for months. No cruise documents either.

There's really nothing in your cruise documents that you HAVE to have (unless you have cruise transfers, as someone else mentioned?? I've never had those so not sure).

If it's been a while, you may not know that Royal no longer mail's cruise docs unless you agree to the charge to get them. Otherwise they are sent email to the one on the reservation.

Exactly, so check your spam folder and make sure that's not where they ended up.

You can always get luggage tags at the port, so you don't need the printable paper one in your electronic documents, and you can show up at the port WITHOUT a Set Sail pass; it really doesn't take that much longer to check in without one. We've gone without a couple of times.

Problem solved (I think)! Thanks for all of your help. I was able to speak to a representative, and they were showing we had a balance due even though the website showed we were paid in full. Apparently it was a technical issue on their end. The Set Sail Pass is printed and cruise documents will be issued electronically in the next 24 hours! Now all that's left is the packing!

There's really nothing in your cruise documents that you HAVE to have (unless you have cruise transfers, as someone else mentioned?? I've never had those so not sure).

Exactly, so check your spam folder and make sure that's not where they ended up.

You can always get luggage tags at the port, so you don't need the printable paper one in your electronic documents, and you can show up at the port WITHOUT a Set Sail pass; it really doesn't take that much longer to check in without one. We've gone without a couple of times.

The website showed "not issued", so they were never sent. We have always done the electronic version. We have purchased the transfers, so we do need to have the documents.

Call them. I had the same thing happen to me recently. My invoice showed that I was paid in full but their system showed that I owed $343, the amount of my state residency discount. It took a while on the phone, but it was fixed.

Problem solved (I think)! Thanks for all of your help. I was able to speak to a representative, and they were showing we had a balance due even though the website showed we were paid in full. Apparently it was a technical issue on their end. The Set Sail Pass is printed and cruise documents will be issued electronically in the next 24 hours! Now all that's left is the packing!

The same thing is happening with one of our reservations. The agent told me that every time I log in and view it, it re-prices the booking and puts money back on it. It has been paid in full for a while now. I am still waiting to hear from the Resolutions dept whether it is fixed. I can't go in and look at it or it will happen again:eek:

I received my e-docs with luggage tags after receiving from my TA, notification that they were available.

Edited by smalltimecruiser100

My cruise is in may and I got my documents a week ago. Good luck!

My cruise is in May as well, just waiting for our passports so that I can put in the computer, I can't print out luggage tags or set sail passes until this info is in the computer, correct?

My cruise is in May as well, just waiting for our passports so that I can put in the computer, I can't print out luggage tags or set sail passes until this info is in the computer, correct?

You can print luggage tags... no to the set sail passes.

When do you expect to receive your passports? No, you can't print the set sail because you need the passport number for that. Not sure about the luggage tags. Mine were on the cruise documents

When do you expect to receive your passports? No, you can't print the set sail because you need the passport number for that. Not sure about the luggage tags. Mine were on the cruise documents

I sent off for the renewal a week ago (I know kinda late for my may date) my brother sent his off three or four weeks ago and already got his. His was a new passport though. I didn't think you could print b/c I can't go any further w/o the passport number - thanks - has anyone else sent there renewals lately?

I sent off for the renewal a week ago (I know kinda late for my may date) my brother sent his off three or four weeks ago and already got his. His was a new passport though. I didn't think you could print b/c I can't go any further w/o the passport number - thanks - has anyone else sent there renewals lately?

I have not---need to after my July cruise. Was just wondering as to what you meant by 'a new passport'? Your old passport will have a hole punched in it and you will be issued a new one. Do you mean that the design has changed?