LittleMissMagic's 2014 8-Day Carnival BREEZE S.Caribbean Cruise - A Photo Review!

13413110403_4a47ec90b2_b.jpg

I do like Carnival's graphics. I think they are doing a great job with their branding.

13413107493_83075ef7dd_b.jpg

Overall, I really enjoyed our room. We had a great amount of space and storage - honestly more than we needed for the two of us, but having more is never a bad thing... I think this would be a great room for families and that you could comfortably fit a child or two in this room. There was no pullman bunk, so I'm wondering if the room has a maximum capacity of three or if the sofa converts into a double bed. Perhaps someone else on CruiseCritic has the answer!

By the end of the week, I was no longer turned off by the lack of sleek, plush decor. The room was very comfortable and works well for a cruise vacation. (But the brown pleather couch.... still not a fan!)

Little Miss, I am experiencing some serious envy of that family cabin you got. I would have loved a bathtub on our cruise. I am doing a Breeze review this week, too, and I am really enjoying your review and the fantastic photos. Well done!

My husband and I are curious about how you won the free cruise. Ok...I'll admit it. We are green with envy, again!:D Was it some random promotion, or what?

In any case, I will be following your excellent review and reliving our cruise through your narrative and pictures. I wish you many, many happy future cruises and I, like so many on this forum, look forward to reading your future reviews!

Happy sailing!

Little Miss, I am experiencing some serious envy of that family cabin you got. I would have loved a bathtub on our cruise. I am doing a Breeze review this week, too, and I am really enjoying your review and the fantastic photos. Well done!

My husband and I are curious about how you won the free cruise. Ok...I'll admit it. We are green with envy, again!:D Was it some random promotion, or what?

In any case, I will be following your excellent review and reliving our cruise through your narrative and pictures. I wish you many, many happy future cruises and I, like so many on this forum, look forward to reading your future reviews!

Happy sailing!

Yes! Your "What We Experience vs. Word on the Street" review caught my attention - a very clever way to construct a review, and I am enjoying it, as well!

The free cabin promotion was completely random, and there were a few threads questioning who got it/why/demographics/etc. a couple of weeks ago. I think there is a thread this week about a CCer's 19-year-old son who got it (who isn't even old enough to cruise without a parent/guardian). From what I've read on here, they gave away 1 million free cabin offers to randomly selected VIFP members. Some have been on many cruises, some haven't cruised recently, and some have never cruised before. There was really no logical pattern. I am the only person in my family who got the free cabin offer, and I am incredibly grateful. It was also quite a fortunate scenario in the time that I received a letter - that I was home to open it (parents might have tossed it) and that it came when I was looking to book a cruise.

Ah Ha! Found another of your reviews!! I'm still getting notices when someone posts to one of your other reviews and received one from the Royal Princess review that led me here!!

Looking forward to more (especially since all I can think about right now is our next cruise ;))!

Oops.... just realized that I included some incorrect information here. Not sure what I was thinking! The bold information is wrong:

Some have been on many cruises, some haven't cruised recently, and some have never cruised before.

Everyone who received the promotion has cruised before with Carnival (otherwise they wouldn't be VIFP members). What I might have been trying to say is that some people who received the free cruise were minors and have actually never paid for their cruise (their parents/someone else paid their fare). Also, some people claimed to spending a lot onboard, while others say they rarely have any onboard charges.

My apologies for the incorrect information!

So I'm trying this multi-quote function.... does anyone know how to do more than two at a time?

Love your reviews & am subscribing!! Thanks for sharing your vacation with us!

Thank you! Glad to have you reading along!

Ah Ha! Found another of your reviews!! I'm still getting notices when someone posts to one of your other reviews and received one from the Royal Princess review that led me here!!

Looking forward to more (especially since all I can think about right now is our next cruise ;))!

I noticed that thread had popped up again. I think this Carnival Breeze review may have sparked some interest! Glad you found me!!

Great pics. What is your go to lens for your D7100?

Thank you! My go-to lens is definitely my Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 lens. It's a good focal length for my type of trip report shooting, and I really love the bokeh that the f2.8 aperture allows me.

Yeah!! Glad to find another of your reviews! I enjoyed your Princess reviews, and look forward to following along on this one.

Glad to have you following along!

I've never seen a bartender put olives in an apple martini before.

Weird, right? It was apple, though! Or at least I ordered an apple. I don't think it tasted very apple..... tasted more like Vodka! :D

Edited by LittleMissMagic

This is my first time reading your review. Thanks for sharing your cruise with us and I can't wait to read more once I finish this. DH and I are cruising on the Dream in October and I enjoy reading reviews for pre-cruise, post-cruise, and during the cruise ideas!

I apologize, but the new Flickr is giving me trouble! I used the old version as long as possible, but it seems that the new layout is unavoidable, now.

I feel your pain. They made it much harder to find the proper link to photos, for message boards.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

We entered the ship in the atrium, and I was a little surprised to see that the bar was already surrounded by people trying to get drinks! It was rather chaotic. We decided to head on to our room since it was almost 12:30. The cabin stewards were in the halls scurrying to get everything ready, and I felt a bit obtrusive. When we found our room, the door was propped open, and I expressed my concern to Max that it might not be ready. He was ready to ditch the bags, though. We asked one of the cabin stewards in the hall if it was okay for us to enter, and she said that it was fine and un-propped the door for us.

13413002985_e4b8b0cd3f_b.jpg

Max is rather accustomed to my photo reviews, now. He knows not to run and jump on the bed as soon as he gets in the room...... naturally, he opted to sit in the window.

13413360674_065624f377_b.jpg

My first impression was that the room was really bland. Perhaps I was too adjusted to the more contemporary and plush rooms on the Royal Princess and Norwegian Epic. The decor on the Breeze is very plain and basic. I was no fan of the brown pleather they used on the couch, but I did have a good idea of what our room would look like already (and already knew that I would not like the couch) from other CCer's photo reviews.

What we did have was outstanding storage space. We had four closets, and between the two of us, we only used three (hanging space for each of us and we shared the closet with the shelves). There was a spot for everything, and we even had leftover storage. I believe this is the cleanest I have ever kept a stateroom, and I give credit to the fabulous amount of storage. And perhaps Max is just easier to pick up after than Rachel....

13413002555_b7581d533e_b.jpg

13413114433_9cb6976246_b.jpg

It was a spacious cabin and I believe larger in square footage than our deluxe balcony cabin on the Royal Princess.

Wow!!! I think you are the first person that I've heard NOT like the décor of the staterooms...lol

I LOVE the Breeze décor, and would take that ANY DAY, over the others....

However, I cannot compare to NCL, or Princess, or Disney.:D:D

Wow!!! I think you are the first person that I've heard NOT like the décor of the staterooms...lol

I LOVE the Breeze décor, and would take that ANY DAY, over the others....

However, I cannot compare to NCL, or Princess, or Disney.:D:D

Well, I'm an architecture major, so I guess that makes me a bit of a design snob! It's definitely better than several of the other ships I've sailed on, but in the way of new ships, I think it's rather plain and bland.

So I'm trying this multi-quote function.... does anyone know how to do more than two at a time?

I figured out during my last review that if you open the multi quote in a new tab then do that again with the next 2, you can copy & paste those into the first new tab and you'll have 4. You can do that as many times as needed.

Did that sound confusing?

Edited by Cupcrazy