Official Quantum Culinary News

After my earlier rants, a chap called George telephoned to say we have been preselected... made our reservations - very easy! Not had confirmation yet but all booked none the less.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

You can go online to your reservation and click specialty dining and you should be able to see all the reservations you made. They never sent me confirmation either. I called twice for them to email me confirmation, they said they would but still didn't get them. Just check the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can go online to your reservation and click specialty dining and you should be able to see all the reservations you made. They never sent me confirmation either. I called twice for them to email me confirmation, they said they would but still didn't get them. Just check the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks beachbuddy - I'll checknit out.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I too will miss the main dining room. It made handling my complicated food allergies very simple. Having the same wait staff every night also helped and as a previous poster mentioned the staff knows your preferences, especially with drinks (alcoholic or not). It's too bad RCL didn't come up with the idea of having a smaller MDR and the specialty restaurants. This would have had those of us who like the MDR to have a choice of the MDR or a specialty restaurant.

Just called the Quantum Dynamic Dining phone number and feel better now that I have spoken with the RCL Rep -BTW we were NOT preselected

1. Yes - there will be an online application to make your reservations as well as calling in to RCL directly on 15 May

2. Dining Reservation are from 5 pm - 10 pm - every 15 minutes

3. RCL is holding back quite a few reservation times that can be made once onboard

4. She recommended making reservations for all that we can before the cruise and then trading once onboard

Hope this helps others -

Good info. Answered some questions I had.

Has it already been mentioned somewhere as to how many months before a cruise's set-sail date will people be able to make dynamic dining reservations? Or will it be possible as soon as a cruise booking as made?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We have booked the maiden voyage on Nov 2 and no one has told us that we need to make reservations for the shows or the complimentary dining.

I have only found this out by reading this thread.

I understand you can usually make reservation pre cruise for speciality dining but as this new dining system has only just been introduced I would have thought RCL would explain to us all what we need to do . By the sound of it information has been sent to USA and Canadian reservations but here in the UK I have received nothing. Also the phone number in the thread is a USA number.

If we do not make reservation does that mean we could be refused entry to every dining option as they are fully booked ,except the windjammer? I certainly hope not.

I agree with a previous post that we want a relaxing cruise ,one where we can please ourselves when we dine and which shows we see not one where our every move has to be booked in advance.

The show booking system just encourages people to book for everything and then probably not turn up for half of the booking. Presumably if there are spare seats at some point they let the folks in who have not booked.

It will be very interesting to see how it works out but I am a little apprehensive.

Hi Lindypops

I am on the same cruise. Maybe I can allay some of your fears...

First of all, not all restaurants are even available for prebooking. There are many casual spots which do not even take reservations, beyond the Windjammer, including Michael's pub, Sorrento's, and Johnny Rockets.

Also, not all dining seats will be made available to prebook. They are holding a certain % for those who want to book while onboard. I don't know the exact %.

And finally, it's highly likely that our Maiden voyage will sail well under capacity... increasing seat availability at the many restaurants.

"Dynamic Dining" is remarkably similar to Norwegian's "Freestyle" concept, although Royal is trying hard to make it sound different/better. As you can see from my signature I have sailed NCL several times. On my most recent NCL cruise, I booked only one meal ahead of time. All others were done on the ship, on the day, and sometimes even just walking up to a restaurant. There were availability schematics around the ship, showing each restaurant's availability at different 30 minute time slots... green means plenty of availability.... yellow means it's filling up, red means it's full. Hopefully Royal will provide something similar.

Can you walk in to the most popular restaurant at 8:00pm and expect to get a table immediately? Probably not. You may have to wait awhile or have a drink, or go elsewhere, just as would happen in New York City if you didn't have a reservation on a Saturday night.

Looking at reservation availability for our cruise, the most popular venue appears to be The Grande, the formal 'main dining room' which is complementary. Or, they may just be holding back a lot of reservations for that venue. If I really want to eat there, I may try to make a reservation on board. Or be flexible with my time and eat early or late, or for lunch if it's open. It's all sea days, after all! If I don't eat there at all, I won't be upset as there are so many other choices.

In the end I made 4 upfront reservations and left the other 4 nights to "wing it". I'm quite sure I won't go hungry. On my last two NCL cruises I never ate once at the buffet... I love taking advantage of the variety and specialty dining options.

Now all that said, the reservation system has certainly had its glitches. Along with the fact that this is a new concept for Royal, I do have concerns (or perhaps expectations) that it will not run completely smoothly on the Maiden voyage. Hopefully employees will be well trained and fellow passengers will pack their patience if this is the case. But even with that concern I am not expecting to be stuck at the WJ every night!

hope that helps. Check out the roll call thread(s) if you haven't been there! It's quite lengthy :O but very friendly.

• 2 weeks later...

Made our Dining reservations for each night, also the Shows, as reservations were accepted. plan to change whatever we want to change, once on board. don't think it's going to be a challenge.

everything is going to be fine. RCI will work out the New in the New, I am confident of that.

Looking forward to roller skating at sea, and bumper car races :eek:

wanted to add that I am disappointed to be excluded from the Coastal Kitchen.

imho, D+ should be permitted to experience this dining venue.

I was in a SJ but forced to cancel, now in a cat M - feel slighted not to be "authorized". Thought D+ mattered.

Made our Dining reservations for each night' date=' also the Shows, as reservations were accepted. plan to change whatever we want to change, once on board. don't think it's going to be a challenge.

everything is going to be fine. RCI will work out the New in the New, I am confident of that.

Looking forward to roller skating at sea, and bumper car races :eek:[/quote']

What is your sailing date?

wanted to add that I am disappointed to be excluded from the Coastal Kitchen.

imho' date=' D+ should be permitted to experience this dining venue.

I was in a SJ but forced to cancel, now in a cat M - feel slighted not to be "authorized". Thought D+ mattered.[/quote']

Then maybe I shouldn't tell you that I had NO problem booking Coastal Kitchen, even though we have a D7. :o

My cruise on the Anthem is in April 2016. How many months prior will I be able to make dining reservations?

My plan, once I read the reviews of the first few Quantum cruises, is to book 5 nights (10 night cruise) in the specialty restaurants and The Grande, and wait till I board to book the remaining dinners.

Thanks,

Monica

My cruise on the Anthem is in April 2016. How many months prior will I be able to make dining reservations?

My plan, once I read the reviews of the first few Quantum cruises, is to book 5 nights (10 night cruise) in the specialty restaurants and The Grande, and wait till I board to book the remaining dinners.

Thanks,

Monica

Just completed our dinning reservations for the 3/27/16 12nt Voyage on the Anthem. This was done on August 10. :):)

Just completed our dinning reservations for the 3/27/16 12nt Voyage on the Anthem. This was done on August 10. :):)

Lol man, I haven't even finished my reservations for my Breakaway cruise this November!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app