Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with you there. In the bottom row of cabins in that picture, I see a curved section of divider that appears to be folded back. I think barnacle_boy is correct on this.

I agree with this assessment. I think the Escape balconies are deeper than the -away ships, which is a HUGE improvement!

Hello everyone,

I just got back from today's float out of the ESCAPE and I'd like to show you my timelapse video of the event:

22825797sg.jpg

Excellent work and thanks for the link. What type and how many cameras did you use?

It's the angle the photo was taken at. The straight part is for the adjacent balcony. The dividers haven't been closed yet either, which makes it hard to tell where one balcony stops and the other begins.

Yep, looking at the picture again after reading your reply, I am seeing it differently now, and I'm sure you are right.

The balcony dividers line up with the vertical support post on the balcony (necessary to give the partition door a place to lock into). Project your finger upwards on the support posts to the beam above, and you can see there is enough room for an OPEN partition door.

Edited by DCT61

Upon evaluation of the photos dear Andreas captured and those of my own of the Breakaway when she visited Port Canaveral, the Escape balconies are perhaps 2-3 feet deeper than the BA/GA. There seems to be an additional partition divider/wall on the Escape not present on the BA.

I would like to share my BA image, however CC requires a URL and all mine are on my local NAS

PS Thanks to all who were present for the float-out and posted either here and on the various FB sites those amazing images and video!

Edited by sea wanderer

Upon evaluation of the photos dear Andreas captured and those of my own of the Breakaway when she visited Port Canaveral, the Escape balconies are perhaps 2-3 feet deeper than the BA/GA. There seems to be an additional partition divider/wall on the Escape not present on the BA

If I remember correctly the Escape is approximately 5 or 6 feet wider than the -aways, so that could account for the extra balcony depth (approx 2 to 3 feet) that we appear to be seeing. Heck, even if the balcony is only 1' deeper on the Escape it would be a huge improvement!

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

I may have missed them with so many vids and pics from the float out, but I didn't think I saw many from the port side. Can someone post a link to those if there is such a link? Thanks and 95 days :D

Edited by kismet618

I may have missed them with so many vids and pics from the float out, but I didn't think I saw many from the port side. Can someone post a link to those if there is such a link? Thanks and 97 days :D

I tried to collect as many pics and videos as possible. Thanks to everyone taking them.

Maybe you find what you need:

http://escape.transatlantic2015.com/norwegian-escape/media/

The only reason the the Escape is wide is two fold.

They extended the walking area of the waterfront. And the width is not the Hull width. It's the point to point widest part of the ship.

Meyer Wreft Is using a new sub contractor of the life boat davits. They are approx 11" wider than the (away) class. That makes up the wider ships beam.

So, unless the rooms are shorter the balc should be the same as the aways. Maybe with a very few exceptions.

When I purchased my specialty dining package it was called the 7 DAY specialty dining program and now NCL has renamed it the 7 MEAL specialty dining program. I called NCL to ask if I go to Pincho tapas (which is discounted on the plan) for a pre show app and then go to an included restaurant for post show full dinner, am I using two of my seven meals in the same day? They had no answer for me..... Would like feedback from this group please.

When I purchased my specialty dining package it was called the 7 DAY specialty dining program and now NCL has renamed it the 7 MEAL specialty dining program. I called NCL to ask if I go to Pincho tapas (which is discounted on the plan) for a pre show app and then go to an included restaurant for post show full dinner, am I using two of my seven meals in the same day? They had no answer for me..... Would like feedback from this group please.

Greetings

This may not be the correct thread to post this question. This thread is focused on the "birth" of Escape.

Good Sailing

Tom