"That's my room !" Valor 9201

campdaan

We sailed in 9200 in October 2014 - LOVED it! Best cabin we've ever had, but then again, we don't book suites. :( Re: the chaise, I thought I would spend a lot of time on it. I ended up pulling one of the chairs up to the window and propping my feet up while enjoying the view. I spent a LOT of time this way, especially in the AM while enjoying my room service breakfast and coffee. :)

My husband and I are going on the Valor in October and after see8ng your pictures of the room we quick went to carnival website to check to see if those rooms were available. Already booked 222 days out. Bummed.

My husband and I are going on the Valor in October and after see8ng your pictures of the room we quick went to carnival website to check to see if those rooms were available. Already booked 222 days out. Bummed.

did you call to see if its available--

9200 is for 4 people. If you try to book it for 2 people it will not let you,

Then I guess I'm glad I didn't book it. Guess I'm going to switch us to an Aft Balcony!

Be careful of deck 6

and remember that aft balconies tend to stay warm as you get no ocean breezes back here.

i loved the aft and stayed there a few times- but then they changed the price structure on me now I stick to deck 7 by the aft elevator.

Dw and I stayed in Cabin 9201 a year ago in April. I had booked the cruise and the cabin at 2:00 am in the morning and then did not inform Dw what I had done until the next morning. To say the least, she was skeptical of the cabin until she opened the door. She was hooked! We enjoyed the cabin the whole cruise and showed it to fellow cruisers a number of times. Really a great cabin. We generally book suites and this cabin is very much like a suite.

As with every "coin" there is a "flip" side, to the cabin. Be advised the Cabin is located over the "navigation bridge" of the ship which is very far forward. We try to eat in the MDR (which is located at the stern of the ship) every chance we get. This due to its spaciousness and the wait staff. If you have mobility problems such as I (bad knees), the "walk" to the MDR is a good "hike" and can rapidly turn into an endurance contest--with the return trip the same way. Sore knees then get even sorer. If you have mobility problems, this might be a factor to consider. Otherwise, enjoy the cabin and HAPPY CRUISING!

Gary

Folks, This thread is supposed to be specific to room 9201 on the Valor.

Sorry to have changed the subject. I thought that these 2 cabins where the same just on different sides of the ship.

How many people is 9201? 3?

I noticed that there are no shelves at the vanity, was this a problem? We use the shelves for a lot of our belongings and hope there is enough room in the closets.

I am considering booking this on the conquest, but I saw the notice that the shades must be down at night. Anyone stayed in this room know if they care about the shades being open at night if all light is out?

Thanks

I am considering booking this on the conquest, but I saw the notice that the shades must be down at night. Anyone stayed in this room know if they care about the shades being open at night if all light is out?

Thanks

I've stayed in this room. And, YES, you can open the shades if the light are off.

The reason you can't have the lights on and the shade open is it reflects on the bridge.

I have an entire thread on Conquest 9201 here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2176630

Edited by campdaan

Thanks

yes, if your lights are on you will get a call to shut the shades.

the steward will close the shades at the night turn down.

When we returned we got ready for bed-- and turned out the lights

but will tell you its VERY bright in the morning when the sun comes up

Folks, This thread is supposed to be specific to room 9201 on the Valor.
Yes I agree.

We must be rigid and disciplined

and see to it that we stick to precisely the original subject matter.

No wavering allowed.

This is not just an ordinary conversation, y'know?

Edited by Aplmac

9201 sleeps 2 people. 9200 can sleep up to 4.

The lack of vanity shelves seems to be just on the Valor.

Glory and Conquest have vanity shelves.

The closets are standard Carnival.

Hope this helps.

the glory has 4 drawers on the vanity.

it has three closets-- one holds the lifejackets and the robes.

the other one had no shelves and is for hanging clothes and the other closet had 4 shelves. space for 4 people in this cabin is very little

we had three and it was packed tighted

I see similar cabins on Triumph decks 10, 7 and 6

http://www.cruisecheap.com/c/deckplan2014.php?SailDate=&WMPHShipCode=26&DeckNumber=7

4Js, which are not nearly the same as the 6js and 6ks. These cabins are on the Valor, Glory, Conquest, Freedom, and Sunshine. This thread is about the corner 6ks.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Its a very interesting cabin. Did the cabin get roasted when the sun was on that side of the ship?

keep the curtains closed when you are not in the cabin and it will be fine

I see similar cabins on Triumph decks 10, 7 and 6

http://www.cruisecheap.com/c/deckplan2014.php?SailDate=&WMPHShipCode=26&DeckNumber=7

the cabins you are looking at with the * in there-- these are handicapped cabins . Beds sit headboard to headboard and can not be put together

7206 -- > http://s1096.photobucket.com/user/gapearlcruiser/media/DSC09355-1.jpg.html