Your Lido Buffet "Creations"

Like others, I get the croissant, put some cheese from the buffet and bacon from the guy, then a fresh fried egg or two for a great bfast sandwich.

Also, chili cheese fries from the grill

I get a slice of pizza and then a burger without the bun from the buffet and cut the burger up over the pizza for a burger pizza. If it's during lunch, I drizzle a little ranch dressing over the top.

Sounds horrid but so so good!:D

I also like to mix a little hot cocoa in my coffee in the mornings.

Edited by Anjanu

What he said. Yum!

If I don't do breakfast in the MDR, I create a breakfast bowl at the buffet. Scrambled eggs (they are otherwise inedible), hash browns, crumbled sausage, grilled onions and peppers (from the sausage conconction), tomatoes, fresh pico, melted cheese, and salsa.

On ships that still have fish in chips as well as the Blue Iguana Grill, I've gotten fish, taken off the breading, and then headed down to the BI. Asked for tortillas (they'll give you about 4) and made my own fish tacos with all the condiments in the salsa bar, better than the fish they use at BI. :)

On ships that still have fish in chips as well as the Blue Iguana Grill, I've gotten fish, taken off the breading, and then headed down to the BI. Asked for tortillas (they'll give you about 4) and made my own fish tacos with all the condiments in the salsa bar, better than the fish they use at BI. :)

Is there actually anything left after you take the breading off the fish? :p

Here's another vote for the croissant with cheese and bacon. I'm not much on buffets so this is my breakfast in total. I am, however, much on the ice cream machine. I have never made a milkshake but I can't wait to try it on my June cruise! I may even order the Kalua like one poster said.

I was thinking a burger with a fried egg would be good, but then I checked and saw they're not available at the same time.

Yep you can, done it several times. Go to the late risers buffet, they also make omelettes there. Order a fried egg and get several pieces of bacon. Take that to the burger grill and order a burger. Pile it all together, mmmmm. A real narrow time window for this so you gotta be ready.

Another thing I like is to order a burger with no meat. Slide down and pile several chicken strips on the bun. Great chicken sandwich with honey mustard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I do not like any of the sauces on the Mongolin? Wok. One of the cooks ask me to go get a packet of sugar and he would make me sweet and sour sauce. It was wonderful. Had it several times on the Splendor. Did on the Liberty this past October and will do it again September on the Liberty again. It is wonderful.

He used the Raw Sugar packet and soy sauce to make this sweet and sour sauce.

I do not like any of the sauces on the Mongolin? Wok. One of the cooks ask me to go get a packet of sugar and he would make me sweet and sour sauce. It was wonderful. Had it several times on the Splendor. Did on the Liberty this past October and will do it again September on the Liberty again. It is wonderful.

He used the Raw Sugar packet and soy sauce to make this sweet and sour sauce.

What an awesome idea!

I loved the teriyaki sauce - which of course has been discontinued. :( Not fond of spicy and black bean is just dull, IMHO.

So you just show up with the packets of sugar - hand them over with your bowl of veggies - and ask for "sweet and sour"???

Not too adventurous here, but I do mix soft serve ice cream with the hot chocolate on lido to make a very tasty drink. Just don't put too much ice cream in with it or you will make it cold and that's no good. Perhaps when I take chick peas, kidney beans and possibly crispy noodles with raisins and sunflower seeds and mix it all together as a side dish at lunch. Other than that, most everything else on lido is good by itself, no concoction creating needed.

I love the milkshake idea and this thread is giving me life! I don't know if this counts, but I mix hot chocolate with coffee to make my own cafe "mocha".

I've mixed packets of sugar free hot cocoa in my coffee at home when I've been out of creamer ... so good!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Take a bowl from the buffet and head over to guys topping bar...... get the really nice shredded lettuce from there and now go to Blue Iguana. They will add lots of shrimp or chicken .. or both!!!!! then toss in some peppers,tomato,onion,and finish with a couple of squirts of quacamole .... a low cal lunch that feels like cheating.... had one every chance I could get!!!

Yep you can, done it several times. Go to the late risers buffet, they also make omelettes there. Order a fried egg and get several pieces of bacon. Take that to the burger grill and order a burger. Pile it all together, mmmmm. A real narrow time window for this so you gotta be ready.

Another thing I like is to order a burger with no meat. Slide down and pile several chicken strips on the bun. Great chicken sandwich with honey mustard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Why don't you just ask for a bun...LOL :D

I love the milkshake idea and this thread is giving me life! I don't know if this counts, but I mix hot chocolate with coffee to make my own cafe "mocha".

I do that all the time on the ship! Makes the coffee a bit more enjoyable!

Loving this thread BTW giving me great ideas for our next cruise!