Kingston or Montego Bay Jamaica

pma29223

I know that Carnival goes to Ocho Rios Jamaica, but does anyone know if they go to Kingston or Montego Bay also?

Kingston definitely isn't a tourist port. I would probably avoid it unless you are feeling very adventurous.

Montego Bay is quite nice, and yes, cruises stop there all the time.

I am one of the few that really love Jamaica. I wouldn't go to Kingston.

Edited by EnTnSA

I have been to Montego Bay on Carnival (our first cruise) and I would suggest researching what you do there. If the port area is still like it was back then, it is not an area that you would want to walk around in.

We went to Falmouth, Jamaica on RCI and loved our time there. It is a new port area with lots of nice shops and things. We visited there in the first couple of weeks the port was open on Freedom of the Seas. Everyone in the town seemed to come down to the pier area to wave when we left port. Live music and dancing on the pier as we pulled off. I would like to go back there but have no desire to visit Montego Bay again.

Edited by Mysticks1

I don't think anyone goes to Kingston due to the gang activity and violence which receives state department travel warnings/advisories often.

Exactly! Kingston is not a good place for tourist to go.

LuLu

~~~

Kingston definitely isn't a tourist port. I would probably avoid it unless you are feeling very adventurous.

Montego Bay is quite nice, and yes, cruises stop there all the time.

I am one of the few that really love Jamaica. I wouldn't go to Kingston.

Ditto

As a frequent visitor to Kingston for work, it has gotten a lot better in the past three years since the arrest, killings, extradition of the drug lords. There are some nice restaurants including Usain Bolt's and the lovely Terra Nova hotel. But it's a business town.. However, Negril is most wonderful....

I'm sailing from New Orleans to Montego Bay on May 4.

We'll be on the same boat. I assume by your user ID and location you're an Auburn fan? Good to know there be more of us on the boat.

No cruise ship goes to Kingston. It's not a resort town. Also quite a drive from Ochoa Rios, Falmouth and MoBay. Luv, luv Negril.

Only a pity the south coast is so far away and not equip for cruis ships.

That's the most beautiful part of the island. Unspoiled, natural beauty. No big chain hotels. But instead small chic hotels. True beauty of the island is here.