Laundry -- Keep one Copy of Sheets?

SilvertoGold

Someone else - and I apologize as I forgot who it was - suggested that you take a digital photo of what you're sending out as well. We always keep a copy of the sheet (pink) and check our clothes back in to make sure we're not missing anything.

I've never had a problem with keeping the pink sheet - and if my DH who stuffs the bag didn't have such a good memory I'd take photos, too. And if we really stuff the bag full, I put $5 in an envelope for the laundry folks.

Someone else - and I apologize as I forgot who it was - suggested that you take a digital photo of what you're sending out as well. We always keep a copy of the sheet (pink) and check our clothes back in to make sure we're not missing anything.

We've taken photos of what we send out just in case something gets lost we can show them what it looks like. We also kept the pink copy.

Utahtea

I have been taking digital pictures of all important items sent out to the laundry since 2005 when the laundry lost one of DH's polo shirts and I was asked to describe it. I couldn't remember which color it was or if it was solid or had stripes.

I keep the bottom copy -- Pink.

And if we really stuff the bag full, I put $5 in an envelope for the laundry folks.

I've never thought about doing that; thanks for that idea. I have given an envelope, addressed to the laundry staff, with a gratuity, to the Front Desk and asked that it be delivered to them. But I like your way much better.

I have been taking digital pictures of all important items sent out to the laundry since 2005 when the laundry lost one of DH's polo shirts and I was asked to describe it. I couldn't remember which color it was or if it was solid or had stripes.

I keep the bottom copy -- Pink.

KK - I think you're the person I read the photo idea from. Very helpful!

White copy is for laundry.

Yellow copy accounting.

Pink copy passenger.

They should really label them better as many people forget to keep the pink for themselves.

That's the thing: I look for the note saying who each copy is for, but it does not say anything!

The original white top sheet goes to the laundry. Keep the yellow copy and the pink is returned with the laundered/dry cleaned garments.

Doesn't matter if you choose to keep the pink...... as long as original and one copy goes to the laundry, it will be fine.

Edited by sail7seas

That's not I was told nor is it what we do. We keep the pink, and get the white copy back. That's on all 6 or 7 HAL ships we've been on.
That's the exact experience we've had. Keep the pink copy and the white copy is always returned with the clean laundry. We've been on every class ship in the HAL fleet.

That's not I was told nor is it what we do. We keep the pink, and get the white copy back. That's on all 6 or 7 HAL ships we've been on.

As long as laundry gets a copy and you get a copy, everything will be fine. When in doubt, check with your cabin steward.