Customer service at carnival

golfer1903

Has anyone ever run into the same problem im currently having and if so what did you do.

The people that answer the phones at carnival for booking or info give you a different answer and or quote every time you call. And no one can see the same deal someone else quoted you. ( in the same day few min later) and no one is willing to satisfy the customer. Three calls within an hour and three different rates quoted. And dont even dare ask to speak to a supervisor or youll be told like I was twice, there is no one to speak to. Just send a email. Well this is a time sensitive booking matter. And need to find out whats the story. No time to wait for emails back and forth

Any ideas or contacts

Very dissapointed with carnival customer service.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

We always book online, so I can't speak to the quotes issue.

However, since we've made this booking, I've had to call to get OBC, or check on current promotions, and so far, knock on wood, they have been FANTASTIC..

Although, the girl I just hung up with, didn't sound too happy. Not sure if it's a Monday thing, or she just needed her coffee.:eek::eek::eek:

Are the quotes they are giving you matching what you see online?

We have a Person Vacation Planner & I just go to her. I know she will look out for me & not book me near a cabin w/a baby - - or noisy! Not sure what your issue is - but having someone you use regularly is a great thing as far as I am concerned.

Good luck!

It's aggravating, frustrating and enough to drive you to a travel agent!

On the plus side, if you don't like the answer you do get, you can just keep calling back til you get the one you want. :rolleyes:

Carnival phone customer service is the absolute pits.

It's aggravating, frustrating and enough to drive you to a travel agent!

On the plus side, if you don't like the answer you do get, you can just keep calling back til you get the one you want. :rolleyes:

Carnival phone customer service is the absolute pits.

You know, I was just about to make a post about this very subject - different answer every time. :mad: It is sort of like talking with a used car salesman.

Has anyone ever run into the same problem im currently having and if so what did you do.

The people that answer the phones at carnival for booking or info give you a different answer and or quote every time you call. And no one can see the same deal someone else quoted you. ( in the same day few min later) and no one is willing to satisfy the customer. Three calls within an hour and three different rates quoted. And dont even dare ask to speak to a supervisor or youll be told like I was twice, there is no one to speak to. Just send a email. Well this is a time sensitive booking matter. And need to find out whats the story. No time to wait for emails back and forth

Any ideas or contacts

Very dissapointed with carnival customer service.

Is this a new booking inquiry or questions about an existing booking?

Try going on Carnival's website and input your VIFP number and any other special fare info that you qualify for such as your state and do a mock booking and see what rates are offered for the cruise you are looking for. Then get on the phone and call back and tell the representative what you see online. If you can't get the help you need, ask to speak to a supervisor.

FYI: It is not uncommon to get different answers when you call back.

No. One promises one price and th e other yet a different price. And somehow none of them left notes on my account about the phone conversation for some reason

Unless you have a booking number there is nowhere to leave notes

Is this a new booking inquiry or questions about an existing booking?

Try going on Carnival's website and input your VIFP number and any other special fare info that you qualify for such as your state and do a mock booking and see what rates are offered for the cruise you are looking for. Then get on the phone and call back and tell the representative what you see online. If you can't get the help you need, ask to speak to a supervisor.

FYI: It is not uncommon to get different answers when you call back.

Excellent advice. This is what I always do.

I know you all feel that customer service is horrible. But I had a cruise booked on Celebrity for next year and I ended up cancelling it. You couldn't do much of anything online. Things just wouldn't go through. Then you would get an "sign-on error" and told to call. This happened to me twice. The problem is when you call Celebrity it is a 45+ minute hold. Sometimes you get cut off or they transfer you for another 45+ minute wait. Everyone over on their forum kept complaining about it, but claimed once you got onboard the service was great. I decided I didn't want to spend that much time having to call because I wasn't able to sign in. So I cancelled. It even took an hour on hold to cancel because the cancellation wouldn't go through online.

At least at Carnival you get 3 answers in an hour instead of a long wait listening about "Modern Luxury", "everything you wanted a nano-second before you knew you wanted it". HA-HA!

Sharon

The only time I had problems with Carnival's customer service was when I was booking through the 1-800 number. I was between PVPs and having to use the 1-800 CVS's. I resigned myself to planting my butt on the couch and dialing the 800 number until the issue was resolved.

Thank goodness I once again have an excellent PVP and he gives me good customer service. The 1-800 CVS's are not Carnival employees but a contracted service.

As an aside---phone and in-person customer service isn't what it used to be. So many companies are now out-sourcing their customer service to foreign countries---even understanding their accent is a challenge!

I usually book ES on line. About 50% of the time I see a price drop, the form we are supposed to submit on-line does not work. So I end up calling Carnival. About 25% of the times I call in for a price drop, the initial response is "I do not see that rate as being available."

I just keep repeating, "I am looking at it right now." Eventually they find it.

It is annoying.

We never have had a problem with questions for Carnival. We do however use a trusted travel agent who specializes in cruises for booking and he always manages to get us a fair deal. We have never had a problem with any booking he has made for us. He even got us a small amount back on Carnivals price guaranty. Have used him for most of our 27 cruises.

As a TA I've gone thru this for years, not only with Carnival but all the cruiselines. Ask their name, how do they spell that, write down the day and time you spoke with them. If you call back and get different answers do the same thing and insist on talking to a Supervisor, they do have Supervisors there. It is totally frustrating.:eek:

These threads are so strange to me, because I've always had the best customer service when I've called - and I've made my fair share of calls. My PVP is awesome, of course, but even when I've called the 1-800 number. The worst I've ever experienced was a long hold time, but never unreasonably long.

Am I just that lucky? lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Edited by christyran1228

You have to remember that front-line customer service reps - in any industry - aren't exactly the best and brightest employees. Most of the time, they are just collecting a paycheck until a better job comes along.

Anytime you get an answer from a call center drone you don't think is correct or you don't like, just thank them for their time and hang up. Then call again and ask the same question. If after doing this 4 or 5 times you continue to get the same answer, then that answer is most likely correct.

I use a PVP now also, but use to book online on my own. If I can't reach my PVP, I will call the main number and speak to anyone, but he has been returning my calls zoo after I call him, even when I don't leave a message.

I always do a mock booking to see the cabin selection and rates. When I call, I have the screen up right in front of me ..showing deck, cabin I am interested in and price for that cabin with taxes, etc. If for any reason, they are giving me a higher price, I always ask why it differs from online booking. In some cases, they may give you a better rate if a new promo is just coming out and not yet placed online.

I personally haven't had any real problems with Carnival reps, but I'd like to still note that I am cruising on RCI next year and have been working with their customer service reps as well. The difference in their customer service was noticed immediately. They were so thorough, knowledgeable and consistent..and they think of everything to ask you and also to offer you and even remind you of anything. I was very impressed. I felt like each time I called, that I was speaking with someone who really knows the brand. I was pretty sure (and someone correct me if I am wrong), that they do not outsource to another country.

Edited by abisha

Bbooked with the 800 number, girl on other end was "clueless" ,I had more info than she did. It took me an over hour to book and never received any type of email correspondence from Carnival. Sent and email to customer support as I was very skeptical about my booking being correct. Received an return email with all the information I should have received to begin with and a message stating that the "girl in question" would be getting further training.

These threads are so strange to me, because I've always had the best customer service when I've called - and I've made my fair share of calls. My PVP is awesome, of course, but even when I've called the 1-800 number. The worst I've ever experienced was a long hold time, but never unreasonably long.

Am I just that lucky? lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

No you are not. My PVP is excellent. He is very nice and answers all my calls and questions. He even calls me when there is a special going on or when the price for my cruise drops. Couldn't have asked for a better pvp. Thanks sean!!!!!!:)

I'm really amazed that this is such a problem. I always do my own research. It's not hard to find all the different rates and promotions on-line when you know what room/ship/sailing you want. I always use a TA and then I watch for the price drops myself since I know what I am watching for. The minute I see one I do a screen shot and send it to the TA. They take care of the rest. I always get a screen shot to prove the price I am looking to get. I don't think I would ever rely on someone just quoting me a price over the phone. Especially someone from Carnival who can't offer you anymore than what you can see for yourself on-line.