hangers in closet

betmust

fair amount, but a packing tip that works for some.

Hang your items on hangers at home. Try to put slacks and shirt/blouse on one hanger, etc.

Do NOT put these in suitcase until the last minute. Also, if you put them in dry cleaner bags, it helps with wrinkles.

If you are staying at hotel the night before, hang them up. Do not repack until the last minute.

When you get to room, pull them out and hang them.

Saves on wrinkles.

Increases bar time once you board.

Standard Inside/Oceanview & Balcony cabins, photo from the GEM - pretty much the same as it was on the Jewel/Star/Dawn & Pride of Americas.

Hint: look for the light switch for the closet underneath the shelf.

SDC10570-Closet.JPG

Bonus tip - we always bring 1 or 2 plastic hanger (from Macy's or other retailers) to hang up quick-dry items that might be hand washed in the sink, using Woolite packets. Use the retractable laundry string inside the shower for swimwear as they often drip. Dispose of them at the end of the cruise so that it can be recycled or leave them for disposal, etc.

Standard Inside/Oceanview & Balcony cabins, photo from the GEM - pretty much the same as it was on the Jewel/Star/Dawn & Pride of Americas.

Hint: look for the light switch for the closet underneath the shelf.

SDC10570-Closet.JPG

That's the same as I found on Epic (studio) and Breakaway (mini-suite). Plenty of hangers, roughly half with clips and half without.

Hang your items on hangers at home. Try to put slacks and shirt/blouse on one hanger, etc.

Do NOT put these in suitcase until the last minute. Also, if you put them in dry cleaner bags, it helps with wrinkles.

If you are staying at hotel the night before, hang them up. Do not repack until the last minute.

Saves on wrinkles.

I like that idea! Thanks for sharing.

Saves on wrinkles.

I do this all the time. Pack using wire hangers. Easier to unpack = more time for vacation! What I hate is when the hangers are two pieces and i can't remove the entire hanger. Those top parts take up room in the closet even though I put the wooden bottoms under the bed!

A quick tip for getting wrinkles out - bring some clothes pins and clothespin them to your balcony chair. The fresh air removes winkles in no time. Beats hanging them in the bathroom when taking a shower!

Harriet