Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ Part 2

Host Kat

I'm staying at Embassy Suites (17th) on Dec.25/16. Are there any (walkable) restaurants open nearby?

You have Southport Raw Bar, Kelly's Seafood, a Mexican restaurant, Outback and there are a few others.

I stayed at the Hyatt Place 17th St (near the Embassy Suites) on Dec 24 and 25, 2015.

We went to Rustic Inn Crabhouse on Dec 25. You would need a car or taxi.

Kelly's Landing will be closed Dec 25 as they are a family restaurant.

I would call or email the different restaurants TO BE SURE they will be open on Dec 25 as I found many were closed early on Dec 24 and closed on Dec 25.

This is what I found for Dec 24 and 25, 2015 -

Bimini Boatyard - open Dec 24 lunch, closed Dec 25

Kelly's Landing - Closed Dec 24 and 25

Rustic Inn Crabhouse - open Dec 24 and 25

Quarterdeck - open Dec 24; closed Dec 25

Outback - open Dec 24, closed Dec 25

Others will name different restaurants near by to check out.

Edited by phabric

We are staying at the Hyatt Place @ 17th Street Convention Center. We arrive late - around 10:00 pm. Is anyone aware of any nearby restaurants still open at that time?

If you go straight to Duffy's they might still be serving. Lester's is a short drive from there and is open 24/7.

We are a group with a late flight out of FLL. Looking for a hotel near beach and A1A shops and restaurants. Really just to store luggage and maybe clean up a bit if needed. Will check out by 5pm latest. Ideas and suggestions? So far my research has come up empty. Thanks

We are a group with a late flight out of FLL. Looking for a hotel near beach and A1A shops and restaurants. Really just to store luggage and maybe clean up a bit if needed. Will check out by 5pm latest. Ideas and suggestions? So far my research has come up empty. Thanks

When do you cruise? :confused: Lots of hotels will sell day-rooms if they have availability.

Roadway Inn is a budget place near FLL often suggested on this board for day rooms.

You might want to search http://www.between9and5.com

I apologize if this has been asked before. I searched and could not find the answer. Does anyone know which Pier number Celebrity docks at in Port Everglades and is it within walking distance to the Harbor Shops? We are doing a back to back in December and just wondering if there is anywhere to buy wine for our second leg within walking distance. Note that for us a 1 to 2 mile walk is completely doable. Thanks.

I apologize if this has been asked before. I searched and could not find the answer. Does anyone know which Pier number Celebrity docks at in Port Everglades and is it within walking distance to the Harbor Shops? We are doing a back to back in December and just wondering if there is anywhere to buy wine for our second leg within walking distance. Note that for us a 1 to 2 mile walk is completely doable. Thanks.

I've seen some Celebrity ships docked at terminal 4 (in addition to other terminals) which is walkable to Total Wine (that and terminal 2 - Princess - are the only easily walkable piers) Take a look at the port map: https://res-1.cloudinary.com/simpleview/image/upload/v1/clients/porteverglades/Port_Facilties_Map_UPDATED_August_5_2016_967fef41-99cb-400e-a99b-a0bbb8b935be.pdf. You can check the ship schedule a week in advance of your turn around date to see what terminal will be used: https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/.

I'm a frequent cruiser on Celebrity and have only used terminal 18 (rarely) or 24 (usually). They are 1 (18) and 2 (24) miles walk from Walgreens and 1.5 miles to 2.5 miles from Total Wine. Maybe you'd like to walk to the store and call an Uber to get you back to the ship.

Edited by royalcruz

We will be staying at the North Beach village resort and was wondering if there was a place within walking distance to purchase wine for our cruise?🍷

This is not really close to stores. There is a CVS about 1.5 miles south and a Publix about 1.5 miles away on E. Sunrise Blvd west of the bridge.

You could book a room at Marriott Beach Place. It's in the middle of everything on A1A. Check in time is 3 or 4 PM, but they'll hold your luggage all day, and then you can shower and change in the room before leaving for your flight. Just try to contact the hotel on the day that you are booked (by cell phone if you can get through) so that they'll hold your room until the morning.

Group of 4 adults - we arrive at FLL at 7am on day of cruise. Cheapest way to get to Port of Miami?

After cruise we are staying one night and fly out of FLL. Recommendations for hotel that may have shuttle pick up from Port of Miami and then shuttle to FLL.

Thanks for any advice, thoughts -

Group of 4 adults - we arrive at FLL at 7am on day of cruise. Cheapest way to get to Port of Miami?

After cruise we are staying one night and fly out of FLL. Recommendations for hotel that may have shuttle pick up from Port of Miami and then shuttle to FLL.

Thanks for any advice, thoughts -

SAS shuttle will take you from FLL to POM for $15 pp, and they might also be able to take you to a hotel in Fort Lauderdale after the cruise.

I don't think you'll find a hotel that shuttles from POM and to FLL as there is too much distance between the 2.

Hi all, I am taking a red eye into FLL arriving on dec 11 at like 530 am. I get back the morning of the 17th and my flight leaves at 8pm. I am looking for ideas on how to spend my time between airport and ship.

The morning I get there I am thinking about enjoying the water taxi and having something to eat somewhere on the water way. I was in the area several years ago and enjoyed the taxi a lot. Do you think it is ok to bring my luggage on the boat?

When I get back I have a lot more time before the airport, any recommendations on things to do? I have a neurological thing so I can't do a lot of walking, and I will of course have my bags. Lol

Thank you in advance!!! This is my first cruise ever, and I'm going solo, so I am still figuring stuff out! =)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all, I am taking a red eye into FLL arriving on dec 11 at like 530 am. I get back the morning of the 17th and my flight leaves at 8pm. I am looking for ideas on how to spend my time between airport and ship.

The morning I get there I am thinking about enjoying the water taxi and having something to eat somewhere on the water way. I was in the area several years ago and enjoyed the taxi a lot. Do you think it is ok to bring my luggage on the boat?

When I get back I have a lot more time before the airport, any recommendations on things to do? I have a neurological thing so I can't do a lot of walking, and I will of course have my bags. Lol

Thank you in advance!!! This is my first cruise ever, and I'm going solo, so I am still figuring stuff out! =)

I don't know how you can bring your luggage on the boat unless it's a carryon...you could call the water taxi company and ask them about that and about the schedule. (954) 467-6677. I think the routes start at around 10 AM. You could check your luggage in (curbside) at your ship terminal and then go to the water taxi.

Thank you Royalcruz! I wasn't sure about room and totally didn't think about times! lol I will work on coming up with another way to kill time. Maybe I'll bring an audio book and just mellow out somewhere. Lol

Edited by olirhone

Last year we had a lot of time to kill before our flight left. We used the EZ check on the ship. If you airline participates the will take your luggage directly to the airport. There is a charge of maybe $20.00. We rode the water taxi with our carryons for about 3 hours. A great way to kill time. It worked out great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Do you know which shared-ride companies will do a ride from FLL to the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 in FTL? The ones I've checked with so far said they either don't do that route (Jiffy Jeff), or don't have availability (QLS).

I know the taxi option is there, but they get really bad reviews on Trip Advisor, so I'm looking for other options. We've never used UBER and I don't see us starting anytime soon. :-)

I was all excited to rent through AVIS so we could skip taxis all days (we'll be in town 2 days before cruising), until I found out the parking prices at the hotel! So expensive to park. You'd think that if you rent a car on site, they would also let you park it either free, or at a reduced cost! :eek: