Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ Part 2

Host Kat

Someone mentioned this hotel on this thread. What is your opinion of this hotel?

I know where Bahia Mar hotel is located near the marina and water taxi, across from the beach/ocean.

Where is the Best Western Plus Seaside located? Is this hotel, near the beach/ocean?

We will be staying Dec 24,25. Are there restaurants around this hotel? Do you think restaurants will be open Dec 24, 25 in the area? Or should we choose a hotel that has a restaurant in the building?

We have stayed at Hyatt Place 17th Street, Bahia Mar before.

Which of the 3 hotels (Hyatt Place - breakfast, shuttle from airport, or Bahia Mar, or Best Western - breakfast) the price is about $10-20 difference between all the hotels. Which hotel would you choose?

I have always known this hotel as the Best Western Oceanside. It is located next door to the old Sheraton Clipper, also know as the Sheraton Beach Hotel which I think is now called B Ocean Hotel. Good location with beach access right past the B Ocean. Also right up the street and across the street from the Bahia Mar.

Sharon, do you know anything about the Best Western Plus Seaside Inn on Seabreeze? I was just able to book it for $21+ for 1/24. It does say the room is city view and has a catwalk entrance, do you know what that is? Price seems too good to be true, can't help but think there is a catch...lol.

Carla

How were you able to get that rate?

How were you able to get that rate?

Last night a member of our roll call posted that they had just booked the hotel on Priceline. I immediately went to the Best Western web site and found it for $21+ so I booked it. We all figured it must be an error. Well today the price is $216/night. Looks like someone put the decimal in the wrong place. They better honor the price. Have a confirmation and reservation # showing a total price of $23.98 including tax.

Has anyone had any experience with the Cambria Suites in Dania Beach? Are there any restaurants within walking distance? Is the neighborhood safe after dark? Any shopping also within walking distance?

Thanks for the help.

Linda

If this is the Homewood Suites near the airport it is a fairly nice place-nothing posh but very decent. We've stayed there twice. You get a nice breakfast in the morning-the usual make it yourself waffles, fruit, something hot and drinks. Evenings during the week have the light supper meal. You also have the small kitchen area in your room. I don't remember a lot of places to shop or eat nearby but I think their shuttle will go to nearby spots.

If this is the Homewood Suites near the airport it is a fairly nice place-nothing posh but very decent. We've stayed there twice. You get a nice breakfast in the morning-the usual make it yourself waffles, fruit, something hot and drinks. Evenings during the week have the light supper meal. You also have the small kitchen area in your room. I don't remember a lot of places to shop or eat nearby but I think their shuttle will go to nearby spots.

Thanks SusieKIslandGirl!!! I guess this place will be okay for one night!

We are staying at the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six in August the night before our cruise. Are there any good restaurants around that hotel that are good that we could try? We would prefer somewhere pretty close because we will have been driving all day and probably not want to go to far. Thanks!!

Has anyone had any experience with the Cambria Suites in Dania Beach? Are there any restaurants within walking distance? Is the neighborhood safe after dark? Any shopping also within walking distance?

Thanks for the help.

Linda

WE stayed there in Nov there is a small restaurant onsite & there is a restaurant down the road but you need to cross the hwy to get there

We arrived late afternoon so just ate in the hotel ..it was fine

DH loved the hamburger there

WE stayed there in Nov there is a small restaurant onsite & there is a restaurant down the road but you need to cross the hwy to get there

We arrived late afternoon so just ate in the hotel ..it was fine

DH loved the hamburger there

Thanks! We did look at the hotel restaurants and thought we might just eat there if it's good. How was the hotel? Did you enjoy your stay there?

Thanks! We did look at the hotel restaurants and thought we might just eat there if it's good. How was the hotel? Did you enjoy your stay there?

It was fine

You have to pay for breakfast but it was fresh & hot ...small breakfast eating area

We booked the shuttle to the port for $8 pp... I think

Rooms were clean

We were just there to sleep & the price was right ;)

Enjoy

Lyn

It was fine

You have to pay for breakfast but it was fresh & hot ...small breakfast eating area

We booked the shuttle to the port for $8 pp... I think

Rooms were clean

We were just there to sleep & the price was right ;)

Enjoy

Lyn

Oh we booked the cruise and park package so we get free breakfast and shuttle to the port. We just booked it based off that package without doing any research so I was hoping the hotel would be nice as well haha thanks again!

Oh we booked the cruise and park package so we get free breakfast and shuttle to the port. We just booked it based off that package without doing any research so I was hoping the hotel would be nice as well haha thanks again!

We flew down so no park n cruise package LOL

If you have a car then you could drive down the road to a mall ..someone said there is one nearby

We flew down so no park n cruise package LOL

If you have a car then you could drive down the road to a mall ..someone said there is one nearby

Not exactly happy about our 14 hr drive but it's happening... Haha we will have to check out the mall!

Not exactly happy about our 14 hr drive but it's happening...

That is why we flew ..it is more than 14 hrs for us & not worth it for a week

Now if the cruise was longer we would drive

Enjoy

My husband and I are flying in on Dec 24th for my 50th birthday cruise leaving on the 26th. We are staying at the Renaissance and are looking for suggestions on what to do the 24th and 25th. What restaurants near there are open on Christmas Day? How far in advance do we need to make reservations? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

My husband and I are flying in on Dec 24th for my 50th birthday cruise leaving on the 26th. We are staying at the Renaissance and are looking for suggestions on what to do the 24th and 25th. What restaurants near there are open on Christmas Day? How far in advance do we need to make reservations? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

We are also flying into FLL on the 24 and cruising out on the 26.

I am wondering what will be open on the 24 and 25 for restaurants.

I am looking for some help we have a planned group cruise for 2016 and this is what info i need help with

Looking for a

1. reasonably priced hotel with shuttle from airport and also to cruise port for group

2. need a near by reasonably priced restaurant with a cool tropical feel or tiki bar themed for pre-cruise meet and great dinner and drinks

Thanks for all your help

PS: last cruise we had 150 people for our events

• 2 weeks later...
I am looking for some help we have a planned group cruise for 2016 and this is what info i need help with

Looking for a

1. reasonably priced hotel with shuttle from airport and also to cruise port for group

2. need a near by reasonably priced restaurant with a cool tropical feel or tiki bar themed for pre-cruise meet and great dinner and drinks

Thanks for all your help

PS: last cruise we had 150 people for our events

The less pricey tiki/tropical restaurants tend to be by the beach (I'm thinking of Lulu's Bait Shack and Oasis) and the beach hotels don't have shuttles. I don't think you are going to find a good match for your needs.

Maybe you could stay at Courtyard on Gulf Stream Way and walk to Rustic Inn Crab House. They have shuttles.

Edited by royalcruz

• 5 weeks later...

Royal Caribbean wants $16.75 per person for their transfer from the cruise terminal to FLL. I imagine a taxi would be cheaper, there are 3 of us. Is it easy to get off the ship (Oasis) and get a taxi. Our flight departs FLL at Noon so we should have plenty of time. Thx.

Royal Caribbean wants $16.75 per person for their transfer from the cruise terminal to FLL. I imagine a taxi would be cheaper, there are 3 of us. Is it easy to get off the ship (Oasis) and get a taxi. Our flight departs FLL at Noon so we should have plenty of time. Thx.

Yes, it's easy to get taxi at the port, but there will be a line...no problem because you have a noon flight. $16.75 will be close to what it will cost you for the whole taxi ride.