MS Veendam Sail-Away-April 24, 2014

aliaschief

Ah, off to Hawai'i, are you? I saw this was your last sail away (in) for the season....

Headed to Seattle for three days before heading to the Islands. Keep telling my wife I'm going over to Dam Hdqs. and see if they would hire an old codger.

Headed to Seattle for three days before heading to the Islands. Keep telling my wife I'm going over to Dam Hdqs. and see if they would hire an old codger.

You could ride the 'dam ships as Senior Cruise Consultant!

Old codgers rule! :D (Being one myself, of course.... )

Hmm if I answer that I might incriminate myself! A cruise yes.......

It's just like riding motorcycles.... don't matter what your style or brand.... it beats walking or driving a cage....

Any cruise is better than no cruise..... :cool:

What an opportunity to see a HAL ship arriving in port - not often this happens. Can you imagine the passengers sitting and waiting in the terminal. Will they miss dinner? Hopefully the dry dock addressed some of the problems that the V was having.

What an opportunity to see a HAL ship arriving in port - not often this happens. Can you imagine the passengers sitting and waiting in the terminal. Will they miss dinner? Hopefully the dry dock addressed some of the problems that the V was having.

They have had boxed lunches and snacks. That will keep them happy and fed. LOL

Someone posted on another thread that they were given boxed lunches and various non-alcoholic beverages while they wait.

Must have been posting at the same time asKnot2l82sail.

Edited by Mumsysailor

They have had boxed lunches and snacks. That will keep them happy and fed. LOL

Someone posted on another thread that they were given boxed lunches and various non-alcoholic beverages while they wait.

Must have been posting at the same time asKnot2l82sail.

Hopefully HAL does a better job at this than Celebrity. Our cruise on the Celebrity Infinity after a dry dock entailed box lunches as we waited to board. They ran out of box lunches before we arrived. How do you do that??? :confused:

New arrival time is 6:30. We have been told that first there will be disembarkation of 400 contractors. Then check in will start. We are as comfortable as can be, boxed lunches were provided along with soda, coffee, water and bagged snacks. Two terminals being used to hold us while we wait. Complimentary shuttles are available to the harbor shops or galleria mall. We are anxious to get onboard of course, but without a ship to board, we figure we might as well wait it out haha. We were originally told not to arrive at the pier until 4pm so we walked around with all our luggage. After flying all night and walking all day, we are happy to be waiting in the air conditioning. We are just hoping we won't miss our first port, half moon.

Post #40