MS Veendam Sail-Away-April 24, 2014

aliaschief

But, do not shy away from booking a pre-drydocking cruise.

I was on Carnival Miracle just before a drydocking, took the Behind the Scenes Tour, and was fascinated by what I saw and heard as the crew was preparing the ship for her drydocking.

A cruiser friend of mine was on a HAL pre-drydock cruise. She said during that cruise, staff began making drydock preparations, like ripping up carpeting, etc. She wasn't pleased.

Just got the following message from Cruisinetta waiting in terminal for Veendam to come in:

tell the people on cruise critic this sucks big time

She's nearly there but I wonder how long before they can let the Pax board. :rolleyes:

Chelly, it would be interesting to hear from cruisinetta what compensation they do get.

Edited by Mumsysailor

A cruiser friend of mine was on a HAL pre-drydock cruise. She said during that cruise, staff began making drydock preparations, like ripping up carpeting, etc. She wasn't pleased.

This not my experience on Carnival Miracle. All of the preparations were being done below deck.

The only negative was that the wine selections for the package I purchased were not available--they had run out. But, the Maitre d' substituted others that were even better!

She's nearly there but I wonder how long before they can let the Pax board. :rolleyes:

Chelly, it would be interesting to hear from cruisinetta what compensation they do get.

She just asked if we can see the ship cuz they can't from the terminal, of course. Told her it is getting into position to dock.

Will ask her about compensation now.

Just got the following message from Cruisinetta waiting in terminal for Veendam to come in:

tell the people on cruise critic this sucks big time

Tell Cruisinetta it will get better, hopefully. I'm sure it sucks, I know how I would feel, when your ready to cruise, your ready to cruise, you don't need this crap.

Did you notice the American Flag and how it was blowing. Captains call tug for safety.

No I hadn't noticed that, thanks Chief.

Now the drill begins. Get contractors off. New contracts board, old contracts off and on and on. Will be interesting to hear how this played out.

Special thanks to Port Everglades Web Cam for the great coverage.

To all my fellow addicts I have so enjoyed our sail-away fun throughout the season. Thanks for putting up with me. Till next season may you all have good health and booked cruises.

Aloha,

Bruce

Now the drill begins. Get contractors off. New contracts board, old contracts off and on and on. Will be interesting to hear how this played out.

Special thanks to Port Everglades Web Cam for the great coverage.

To all my fellow addicts I have so enjoyed our sail-away fun throughout the season. Thanks for putting up with me. Till next season may you all have good health and booked cruises.

Aloha,

Bruce

Enjoy Hawaii. Thanks for all you've done for us addicts this season. :)

Cruisinetta's reply when I told her we're watching V backing up, ready to dock:

Thank God cuz we've been eating Fritos ham sandwiches cookie string cheese name it have drank every Cola in the place

(will let you know her responses, if any, to compensation and prime rib...LOL)