Mix Lemonaide or Ice Tea with??

IGGY63

Since the lemonade and ice tea is plentiful for mix.......

What do you buy or smuggle on to mix with it?

No 'high maintenance / fancy' drinks please....I am not wired that way:rolleyes:

Looking for something real thirst quenching and tasty...but not too sweet..

No 'high maintenance / fancy' drinks please....I am not wired that way:rolleyes:

Funny you should ask...on recent Sunshine cruise...I mighta had some Jack Daniels laying about that I decided to mix with the lemonade and iced tea squeezed in lemon or lime....my own "version" of Lynchburg Lemonade...wasn't that bad for a spur of the moment mix..that lasted the rest of the cruise.

We don't smuggle, and when we buy a drink it's the drink we buy (not make our own).

We take our lemonade and iced tea straight. :)

Usually order a bottle of vodka from Bon voyage and use the lemonade as a mixer. Last cruise had some powder margarita that I mixed w lemonade and tequila and was quite good at least to me and my group!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Lemonade and Iced Tea together is called an Arnold Palmer...mixing vodka in is called a John Daly.

I usually buy a bottle of vodka from Bon Voyage, and a John Daly is one of the drinks I make. I don't use the ship lemonade though. To much sugar for me, so I bring a lemonade Crystal Light or similar individual powder pack.

I do mix the lemonade with the ice tea always, as I find the ice tea not so tasty on its own, and the lemonade too sweet. The mixture half and half give or take on either side works for me.

I have never considered adding some strong stuff to it....until now:D

Thanks for planting the idea in my head. I think vodka would do nicely:)

Vodka and lemonade is ok, but my personal favorite is to take the guava juice that is available at breakfast and mix with rum. The flavored rums like pineapple or mango are the best but in a pinch any rum is good. We usually get a few sipper bottles of the juice at breakfast and put them in our fridge for drinks later.

Just each other. To my liking their lemonade is too sweet and the tea has no sweetener at all. So I mix equal parts of both and voila, my own version of an Arnold Palmer. I need a tray just for my mixing. I am an iceaholic so I come back to the table with about 4 or 5 glasses of ice and a very full glass of tea and lemonade and an empty glass for mixing....then voila icy cold Arnold Palmer.

I'll admit that some Jack or Makers would be good but I can live without it .

Boozebabe is good info..she has to be..LOL!!! I love the "Arnold Palmer" too...learned it from my grandma who was one heck of a golfer even stopping completely to raise mom. Remember staying at their house and watching him on TV. My grandma won an amateur tournament when she was 70 for 40 and above.

Also..for me I would mix good Vodka with the lemonade or Arnold Palmer if your want an alcohol drink...Good Vodka for that..one can just tell...

I can not drink much..tummy can't take it so when I have to have heartburn maintenance...I want it to be worth it!! LOL...Grey Goose is my favorite vodka...my dear mom's drink was a vodka tonic and she did not care..but thank GOD we had a couple Grey Gooses together...and it is smoother on the tummy...just like good wine.

Other things...I love good sipping bourbon..no mix needed...Woodford Reserve is great and much less expensive than other "top shelf".

Other good vodka I remember is 3 Olives..I think..and Kettle One...but nothing like the Goose to me....Sarah