Carnival ruined...

• 1 year later...

I'm going to add they've also ruined the "standard bar experience" after sailing on ships with the Alchemy Bar. Also a big fan of the Red Frog Pub (specifically the full pub, with food and all).

Always look forward to Red Frog and Alchemy!

Edited by Scooter McGavin

Carnival's cream of mushroom soup. I've never had any that's any better than theirs. I look forward to it every time I cruise Carnival.

I agree!There is just something about it. When i was on the Conquest in November I was upset we had reservations at the Steakhouse the night it was served. . I did think for a minute asking if i could get the mushroom soup at the Steakhouse but then thought it would be a pain for the waitress to get.

Well my response is warm chocolate melting cake and BLT sandwiches from room service. But now after seeing everyone elses's posts, next cruise I will definitely try caesar salad and chilled soups and cream of mushroom soup!

Also something I have never tried, yet have promised myself this time I will is their bitter n blanc.

We always ask for our soups in a cappuccino cup. So good! We order "mushroomccino," "tomatoccino," "asparagusccino," etc.

So, Carnival ruined soup in a bowl for us.

Great idea! I like the soups, but I would like sipping them from a cup better!

I accidentally ruined caesar salad for one of our tablemates once on a CCL cruise. He was eating caesar salads with dinner every night for the first few days. About mid-cruise we were talking about foods we didn't like and he mentioned not liking anchovies. I asked him if he knew what a good caesar dressing had in it, then told him. He didn't order it again the rest of the cruise. :( I felt bad!

I like caesar salads, but haven't had it from the MDR only in the steakhouse. I'll have to try it on our next cruise!

My wife started to tear up when we saw the new menus, no creme brulee! But from what I hear those and the chilled soups (another wife favorite) are being added back!

Creme brûlée is served on elegant night. I always get it then

I cruise for creme brûlée, lobster and warm chocolate melting cake!

Hmmm...something must have gone horribly wrong in the kitchen when I was on my cruise, because I hated my Caesar salad. The dressing had absolutely no flavor at all. :(

The melting chocolate cake wasn't good either. It was basically just a cup of chocolate sauce. Hopefully everything is better on my next cruise.

Hmmm...something must have gone horribly wrong in the kitchen when I was on my cruise, because I hated my Caesar salad. The dressing had absolutely no flavor at all. :(

The melting chocolate cake wasn't good either. It was basically just a cup of chocolate sauce. Hopefully everything is better on my next cruise.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can request a "well done" wcmc.