Tux, or not?!

So, my husband and I usually avoid formal nights, we enjoy getting a little dressed up on other nights, but enjoy a little more casual dining during the formal nights. This year I'm thinking about going all out, I've never seen my husband in a tux, this would be the perfect opportunity. For those of you who have sailed on Liberty, were there many men in tux's and what formal night has the most participants, 1st or 2nd.

Thanks

So, my husband and I usually avoid formal nights, we enjoy getting a little dressed up on other nights, but enjoy a little more casual dining during the formal nights. This year I'm thinking about going all out, I've never seen my husband in a tux, this would be the perfect opportunity. For those of you who have sailed on Liberty, were there many men in tux's and what formal night has the most participants, 1st or 2nd.

Thanks

Only way I can answer is that the tuxes were present but not majority. A good number of them popped up but more gentlemen were in suits.

Although I alway enjoying having the opportunity to wear mine.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I finally gave up and leave my tux at home when cruising Carnival. Last time I wore dress shirt and tie and was dressed better than mos tof the pax. OP in this case I say go for it, you won't be overdressed, just the best dressed.

Hubby used to wear a tux when we travelled before the kids were born (21 years ago) but hasn't since. I haven't seen many men in tuxedos. We did buy a mini tuxedo for my 6 month old nephew who was with us over Thanksgiving. He got tons of compliments :)

If your husband wants to-yes, but most important, it is up to him. On the other hand, you can dress up as much as you want! My husband outgrew his tux and not worth buying or renting another one plus I do not put on dressy dresses. It varies so much on all ships, that a suit or jacket and pants always looks great too! Have fun!

It's your vacation so do as you please!

I dress up but my DH would never wear a suit/tie let along a tux!! There won't be many others wearing tuxes on board but if it's a bucket list experience for you then go for it!

I prefer the minimum elegant night requirement -- dress pants and collar shirt (usually a long sleeve dress shirt). But, you're the one on vacation and should wear whatever makes you happy. If that's a tux, then good for you. There will be a few others as well and don't forget to get some photos for your family.

My hubby is not the tux type so he wears a velvet black jacket and a cravat with a good shirt and dress trousers.I compliment it by wearing a full chiffon gown and embellished necklace. This was a Baltic cruise though.

Its obviously not everyones cup of tea but he got a lot of compliments on our cruise last year especially as it was coupled with his very British accent.

I am not a lover of the tux either and the above look gets me weak at the knees

What I am trying to say is wear want you like! :)

Edited by Velvetwater

Thanks

I used to tux it on formal nights but have come to the point where I see no point. I refuse to wear a coat and tie on my vacation. I will use a nice dress shirt and tie though.

However, if hubby is up to it, it would be nice to take some formal pictures before or after dinner! You don't get that chance very often. I think that is why most folks do dress up frankly.

On every cruise I usually see at least a few men wearing their tuxes. Doubt he will be the only one and if you and your husband want to go all out this cruise, go for it!

Its your special night wear whatever you like. What I have read on this board, others do not notice what people are wearing because they are having a good time with there own friends and family.:)

Thanks for all your responses. I spoke with my husband over dinner this evening and asked him how he would feel about wearing a tux, he said he was up for it....now it's just going to depend on me finding the perfect gown/cocktail dress! I'd love the pictures!

I chose not to bring my tux on my ladt Carnival cruise and regretted it.

I will bring mine on my Legend cruise next month.

My DW always complains how easy I have it with the tux.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Forums mobile app

Dh will wear a tux on both formal nights.. I and my two daughters (20 and 15) will be wearing full length formal gowns. There are only so many times in life when you can dress up and we can't wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have not sailed Liberty but I think a Tux is a little much!!

You and I certainly differ on this one!

A tux is never too much, i love dressing up in one as well as spotting others in the MDR during dinner.

DH hasn't been in formal attire since we married 25 years ago. When I was growing up mom and I always had "party" dresses every year for Christmas. But since then there really isn't any occasion to be dressed up. DH usually wears a dress shirt and black pants for elegant night, and I have found a couple of very dressy dresses, though not technically formal. That's as far as we go, but if we were smaller (we're plus sized) I might be tempted to have him wear a tux and me find a formal.

I can't speak for that trip but on Pride for the Dress up dinner night I seen a few people in Tuxes. Mostly older men, probably more professional people than myself.

Most people were what I would call under dressed for a formal night.

I wore a suit.

But as others said if you guys want to go all out and dress up its your night, your cruise, enjoy it! I know on pride they had a huge opportunity for pictures and such that night. We got several done with me and my daughter. My wife was 6 months pregnant and did not want to be in pictures.

Personally, I think a tux is a bit much. I have seen soldiers in Class A's (being retired Air Force I think it's great to see that), but even the civilian equivalent of that is a suit and tie. Honestly, it's a cruise, and a suit and tie is about as dressed up as you need. Personally, I normally wear a suit without a tie - just because I AM on vacation and would prefer to not be all "up-tight" while I am trying to relax from the attire I wear everyday. :D Hope this helps.

Thanks

We have, and we haven't. It depended on our mood. We once had a group of 5 couples, and decided to go black tie for the hell of it. Other times, it's been jacket and tie.

Do what you feel.