BOGOHO rates are on the rise....

We're planning to book a 7 night Eastern Caribbean on the Oasis in February 2015 and the total price for 2 for an Ocean View Balcony has increased in price by well over $300 today compared with the prices yesterday. As an example a D1 was previously listed at $2758 for 2 passengers and is now $3137, both prices including the BOGOHO.

I hadn't looked at the prices before the BOGOHO sale started and would be interested to know what the D1, D8 etc category cabins would normally go for when there is no sale. I think we probably still should book while the sale is on, even at the higher price, but I wonder if the price is inflated to allow for the 50% discount for the second person, and whether the prices may stabilise after this sale is finished, but I realise that like with air fares no one knows what will happen with pricing.

Most of the prices were much lower the first few days of the sale. As the cabins sell the price is going up. I saved $300+ on my Oct 2015 cruise so the sale worked out great for me. If you book now and the price goes down you can get an adjustment. If you wait to book you risk the chance of higher prices.

Edited by dacsmom

I can verify that the price for a cruise I was considering in 2016 rose from one day to the next. However, when I viewed the summary of charges on both days, the difference was explained by RCI yanking the Crown & Anchor and military discounts. The loss was $200.

Have I said lately that I expected the new version of C&A discounts (formerly certificates) would allow RCI the flexibility/latitude to give and take discounts at their whim (in keeping with business principles to maximize profits; they are a business after all.)

Well, my cruise went up again from when I rebooked it! I payed 502pp, now it's at 833pp! For an inside cabin on the Allure of the seas for 2015. 662$ saving which is more than what I payed for 1 person....

Supply and demand...

We're planning to book a 7 night Eastern Caribbean on the Oasis in February 2015 and the total price for 2 for an Ocean View Balcony has increased in price by well over $300 today compared with the prices yesterday. As an example a D1 was previously listed at $2758 for 2 passengers and is now $3137, both prices including the BOGOHO.

I hadn't looked at the prices before the BOGOHO sale started and would be interested to know what the D1, D8 etc category cabins would normally go for when there is no sale. I think we probably still should book while the sale is on, even at the higher price, but I wonder if the price is inflated to allow for the 50% discount for the second person, and whether the prices may stabilise after this sale is finished, but I realise that like with air fares no one knows what will happen with pricing.

Interesting. For the February 7, 2015 sailing of Oasis, a D1 was $1,354 per person before the sale started. It had been there awhile, no increase right before the sale. It dropped to $1,015 (average after the BOGOHO was applied) for about a week. Now it has crept back up to $1,453, more than it was before the sale started.

Looks like the sale price was actually pretty good for a short time until increased sales drove it back up :(

No matter what the cruise line it does seem like these deals are to pull people in and then raise prices. I think those that take advantage within the first few days or so actually get a great price. After that, it is up for grabs.

I just noticed you've cruised with Celebrity. If your status is at least Select, you can join Crown and Anchor and get reciprocal benefits. Those include a balcony discount for Platinum and up.

Thanks Cindy. We do have Crown and Anchor numbers as our travel agent joined us when we booked a 3 day sampler cruise on Voyager of the Seas next February which we'll now have to cancel since we'll be doing the Caribbean and Panama Canal cruises at that time so we are both Platinum.

I just logged in with my C & A login and can get a discounted price for the February Oasis cruise so that helps. It shows a discount of $112 off passenger 1 and the 50% off for passenger 2. I can't find on the website what the Platinum balcony discount is to see which offer would be better but I saw mention in the terms and conditions that you can only use either the discounted booking price (which is giving me a $112 discount) or the balcony discount if I read it correctly.

We are both Select now but after our Celebrity cruise in December I will be Elite but my wife will still be Select as I did the February 2014 Antarctica cruise with our Son and she didn't go on that cruise. After my Celebrity Elite status comes through I'll contact Crown and Anchor to have my Platinum status updated to Diamond.

Will there be many things on board besides the Diamond Lounge that I will be able to access that my wife will not because she will not be Diamond at that time? According to the website: "Diamond Lounge is an exclusive benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members and cannot be extended to include friends and family." I would assume that we could use the priority boarding when we check in since we are both in the same cabin. I was going to post this question on the Celebrity board in relation to only one of us being Elite and whether she could join me at Elite events and whether we could both get priority tender tickets with only me being Elite so I'd be interested in hearing experiences of others in this situation with either Royal Caribbean or Celebrity.

I don't have a database of fares over the course of this "sale" but it seems to have worked for us on Oasis/Allure. We saved about $200 on a cruise for January 2015 for 3 of us and about $500 on Allure in March 2015. These were for D2 and D5 balcony cabins Midship on Deck 12. Yesterday I also booked 2 more cruises for us on Oasis/Allure for Jan 2016 and March 2016. Again these were D2 and D5 balcony cabins for less than $1100 pp cruise fare before taxes and fees. This is much cheaper than I've been able to book in past years on the same ships. I'm still hopeful that as we get closer to the sailing dates, I'll be able to apply a residency or 55+ discount.

Supply and demand my ass, in the category I looked at TWO days ago, the number of available rooms has NOT changed, there NO excuse for them doing this shady crap. .......

Did you not know that they only list 'x' number of cabins in the web site list? There can be many more that are available that are not shown unless you look for a specific cabin number. As the cabins are sold, they add the others to keep a full list displayed on the web site. The rate that these cabins are being sold cause the pricing program to push prices up/down.

BTW, people might pay a little more attention to your post if you were not so rude and crude.... Grow up and be a little more mature. Perhaps you will be happier with another cruise line until you find out that they do the same things... :(

Supply and demand my ass, in the category I looked at TWO days ago, the number of available rooms has NOT changed, there NO excuse for them doing this shady crap.

Excuse my rage here, but jerk move on the part of RCCL here (and I'm trying hard not to use much more choice language, like the many four letter words my wife and I have been using when discussing this this evening).

Wow! Sorry it didn't work for you, but there's no need to be crass about it. If you don't like the product or the sale, go elsewhere. I think you'll find all the cruise lines have very similar practices.

I don't have a database of fares over the course of this "sale" but it seems to have worked for us on Oasis/Allure. We saved about $200 on a cruise for January 2015 for 3 of us and about $500 on Allure in March 2015. These were for D2 and D5 balcony cabins Midship on Deck 12. Yesterday I also booked 2 more cruises for us on Oasis/Allure for Jan 2016 and March 2016. Again these were D2 and D5 balcony cabins for less than $1100 pp cruise fare before taxes and fees. This is much cheaper than I've been able to book in past years on the same ships. I'm still hopeful that as we get closer to the sailing dates, I'll be able to apply a residency or 55+ discount.

Offer not combinable with restricted rates (including, but not limited to, seniors, residents, military), Interline, Travel Agent Rates, and Net Rates. Offer excludes Quantum and Anthem of the Seas and third and higher occupancy guests.

I booked early on this sail and got off over 2000. This was on 4 future sailings………….

it is what it is……………..

I had booked all my 2015/2016 cruises before this promotion was announced. I try to book within a couple days of the cruise dates being announced to get the lowest prices and best selection of cabins. A couple of the cruises had previously seen price increases that made the BOGOHO promotion more expensive than I already had. But, I saved $4713 on another five cruises I had booked for 2015/2016. :D :cool:

BOGOHO Savings....

Feb 1 2015 Allure $683

Jul 11 2015 Radiance $1490

Sep 15 2015 Serenade $775

Sep 25 2015 Serenade $1090

Mar 28 2016 Serenade $675

Edited by edjny

Is this sale only good thru end of May? We booked an OS last week on the Independence of the Seas 10/25/15 sailing and as of this morning price has increased over $600.

Yes it is... When you booked last week (assuming after May 1st), the promotion should have been applied. It will be listed on your Booking Confirmation as a discount shown under 'Guest 2'.

Yep..got the BOGOHO rate, along with a hefty OBC from our agent and other perks as the agents are all accompanying us on this sailing. Just was so surprised to see the rate go up so significantly so soon after the sale began.

Edited by MamaTene

As has been stated several times in this thread.... Supply and demand... The promotion has caused a large increase in selling cabins. This results in the prices going up for the cruises that have been selling the most.

Offer not combinable with restricted rates (including, but not limited to, seniors, residents, military), Interline, Travel Agent Rates, and Net Rates. Offer excludes Quantum and Anthem of the Seas and third and higher occupancy guests.

Yes, I understand that this is the current situation. However I have had this same situation with other cruises and the senior and residency rates have been included as we approached final payment. Just something that I will watch but you can ignore it if you wish.

As far as we are concerned, When a sale is announced, thru the end of the month, it should remain till the end of the month. I think RC should be ashamed of themselves for lying to loyal customers. I for one will be looking for other cruise lines to sail on. Gary

Yes, I understand that this is the current situation. However I have had this same situation with other cruises and the senior and residency rates have been included as we approached final payment. Just something that I will watch but you can ignore it if you wish.

Are you saying that you think they'll let you keep BOGOHO AND then also add a residency discount on top of it later on?

That would be great if so, but I was under the impression that once other rates kick in, then it would be either / or, depending on which would give the greater discount at the time.

As far as we are concerned, When a sale is announced, thru the end of the month, it should remain till the end of the month. I think RC should be ashamed of themselves for lying to loyal customers. I for one will be looking for other cruise lines to sail on. Gary

:confused: The promotion is still in effect though.:confused: