Bart ?

mattR

Wife's flight out is not until after 5pm on Monday. If she decided to use BARTS to get to SFO what would be the way for her to do this? I'm thinking she would walk along the waterfront to the closest station with her friend. So which station should she use and how dose she know which train to take? What is the cost $10? How long is the trip?

Edited by mattR

From where? BART covers a big chunk of the Bay Area, and serves two airports..

Going to make a wild guess and say from the cruise terminal in SF to SFO. The place to go would be the Embarcadero Station, which is along Market St, maybe 1 1/2 miles from the terminal. Grab an Airport train.

If it is not Terminal to SFO, you need to give us a lot more info.

Edited by CruiserBruce

From where? BART covers a big chunk of the Bay Area, and serves two airports..

Going to make a wild guess and say from the cruise terminal in SF to SFO. The place to go would be the Embarcadero Station, which is along Market St, maybe 1 1/2 miles from the terminal. Grab an Airport train.

If it is not Terminal to SFO, you need to give us a lot more info.

Yes she is getting off the NCL Gem which docks next to fisherman's wharf. She needs to be at SFO by 4pm

I often do work in SF and stay at Fishermans Wharf. Last time I tried to do the Bart thing. Even a yr or more the fare was about $8.75 and I had to walk a bit then take a streetcar from Market to FW. It really was a bit of a hassle. Most shuttle from SF to airport can be had for the $15-20 range so given the small difference in fare but huge difference in hassle factor just take a shuttle. Its so much easier especially with luggage.

I often do work in SF and stay at Fishermans Wharf. Last time I tried to do the Bart thing. Even a yr or more the fare was about $8.75 and I had to walk a bit then take a streetcar from Market to FW. It really was a bit of a hassle. Most shuttle from SF to airport can be had for the $15-20 range so given the small difference in fare but huge difference in hassle factor just take a shuttle. Its so much easier especially with luggage.

What shuttle company did you use?

If your cruise offers 'Cruise Valet' where the cruise line sends your checked luggage ahead to your airline, this would be the best choice as DW would not have to LUG the luggage. You question is not clear. What is the issue - is she debarking from s ship - does she want to see some of the city before she leaves?

Take the F muni at the port to Embarcadero Station. From there it's BART to SFO. Easy.

F - MUNI is comprised of historic street cars (I swear I rode on one of the NYC ones when I was a kid in Brooklyn. If you want to cart your luggage on and off an antiquated streetcar (loaded with tourists) and then crowd onto a commuter BART train, just to save a few bucks, this is a great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Last time I was in SFO, the BART was $9.10 I believe. It takes roughly half an hour. A good spot to get off would be Market & Powell if you want to catch the cable car. Or you can take it and get off at the Embarcadero and look around. You probably want to see the GG Bridge but it was not mentioned in your post.

Last time I was in SFO, the BART was $9.10 I believe.

The current fare from the Market Street stations (Civic Center, Powell, Montgomery, Embarcadero) to SFO is $8.65.