Major Malfunction (E-Docs)

parallax

I just received the e-docs for our upcoming cruise. There was a page confirming our onboard cruise enhancements. It was 2 pages long and we had not signed for any of the events or restaurants, although the cupcake decorating class for kids sounded like fun. My wife was also some how upgraded to elite. Our plan is now to have our daughter hopped up on frosting and then have her attend the elite cocktail reception (just kidding)!

Our travel agent called the cruise line and I was informed there were IT issues. I would double check all your documentation if you are cruising in the near future. Who knows what could have been messed up with their technical difficulties.

I just received the e-docs for our upcoming cruise. There was a page confirming our onboard cruise enhancements. It was 2 pages long and we had not signed for any of the events or restaurants, although the cupcake decorating class for kids sounded like fun. My wife was also some how upgraded to elite. Our plan is now to have our daughter hopped up on frosting and then have her attend the elite cocktail reception (just kidding)!

Our travel agent called the cruise line and I was informed there were IT issues. I would double check all your documentation if you are cruising in the near future. Who knows what could have been messed up with their technical difficulties.

Imagine that, IT issues at Celebrity.....can't be true.

Ugh! Sounds like fun to figure all that out!

As long as the Xpress Pass is right (names, cabins, credit card) you should be good to go! I would check your credit cards just to make sure you weren't some how charged for all the extras that show up right now.

Side note - I've seen the cupcake classes on RCI ships, but never on Celebrity. They may have added it recently, of course, but otherwise, this is a pretty big malfunction!

When you contact Celebrity or your TA to deal with these issues, can you somehow fail to mention the "accidental" upgrade to elite? It sounds like becoming "elite" could only be a good thing! :) I think there are lots and lots of CC members who go to bed every night praying for such "IT difficulties" to happen to them! :rolleyes:

I didn't reference the elite issue. My concern was strictly limited to the cruise enhancements we purportedly signed up for. However, to be honest, the benefits for Elite really does not do much for us. The only thing we might use is the complimentary internet services or have an article of clothing dry cleaned. My guess this situation will be remedied before we get on board the ship.

You probably got someone else's booked enhancements. And they were Elite.

I don't ever download my edocs. I just print the Xpress pass and go. I may go take a look at the edocs as we have a cruise coming up next week.

Just did my edocs too. Had a page worth of confirmed restaurant reservations for other RCCL ships main dining rooms. And a list of Azamara Italy and France shore excursions to choose from for my Reflection eastern med cruise.

My beverage package was on there correctly, which is all I really cared about. :)

There is nothing to worry about.....These are the same celebrity computers that are sending your dining preferences, OBC's and so on to the ship as well as the navigational information. Enjoy the cruise, even though the computers have assigned 20 people to your table for 8, you will be sharing your cabin with three others and you find that the first stop on your cruise from Miami is Vancouver. No problem at all.

I am trivializing this, but I certainly hope they have backup systems so they haven't lost the data. If they can send passengers this type of junk, one can only imagine what the ships receive....

I have been going back and forth with Celebrity and my TA about this same issue. First, the e docs were not issued until May 2 for my May 24 cruise, so I was unable to order bag tags. I was told that the holdup was due to Choice Air. I was also upset because my Beverage pkg was not showing on my Celebrity reservation, and I feared that I would have difficulty about this. At one point, a celebrity rep actually told me vis conference call with my TA that Beverage Pkgs are NEVER printed on E Docs, and my TA accepted that. The DOCS were finally issued May 2 and, of course, they are incorrect. They contain 7 different dining reservations at 6 different restaurants, none of which are restaurants on the ship that we are sailing. The reservations are dated over a month long period. There is no mention of a beverage package or prepaid gratuities. The celebrity rep has told me that they have never seen anything like this before, and they will correct it and send me new docs with luggage tags and the beverage pkg included.

Today I received a flex X copy of the incorrect docs, but with correct luggage tags. No beverage package mentioned. My TA emailed that Celebrity has again sent them incorrect docs for me. What is wrong with these people?

Our whole reservation online has shown no payments paid and we are paid in full. Our celebrity trip planner even had IT at her desk while on the phone with me to verify that it was in fact paid in full and correct! Not sure why they can't get it straight.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app - My next cruise - Equinox - B2B 6/2014

I sort of joked about this in post 8, but unfortunately, there is a reasonably high probability that the ship will also receive what you are seeing....wrong information.

This could become a serious mess if it's not cleaned up very quickly. Hopefully, it's a quick fix and the correct data is intact.

Since we are still a month back, I will check back again with Celebrity to confirm that everything is jake. I will also make sure to bring all my documentation and correspondence as a back up.

I just signed into My Celebrity to check my edocs (when I looked two weeks ago they gave me one alcohol package I didn't expect but was glad to get...). But after signing in correctly and clicking on My Celebrity....I get a blank page!!

Really, how do they stay in business with such incredible IT problems????

There is nothing to worry about.....These are the same celebrity computers that are sending your dining preferences, OBC's and so on to the ship as well as the navigational information. Enjoy the cruise, even though the computers have assigned 20 people to your table for 8, you will be sharing your cabin with three others and you find that the first stop on your cruise from Miami is Vancouver. No problem at all.

Ha-ha. That's funny!!!

Unless of course it actually happens.

I sort of joked about this in post 8, but unfortunately, there is a reasonably high probability that the ship will also receive what you are seeing....wrong information.

This could become a serious mess if it's not cleaned up very quickly. Hopefully, it's a quick fix and the correct data is intact.

Another reason I board each and every cruise with a file folder filled with printed confirmations of what I have booked and paid for and any OBCs, etc.

Thank goodness because on our last cruise on RCCL they didn't have my $100 OBC record of it. So I whipped out my confirmation e-mail from Shareholder Benefits and they made a copy of it, contacted Miami to confirm and the OBC was added to my account.

Maybe they should have a 'Sort out our IT department' club for the kids travelling on the ships. I am sure they would sort it all out in no time ;)

Now THAT is FUNNY!! I think you are right!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app