Harmony Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

I have not really followed along. Have they made any announcements about the addition of what looks like a suite sun deck with pools and cabanas on the Royal Crown?

That looks like another great suite enhancement on Oasis 3. Maybe one side will be suite only and the other side a for fee sun deck.

Announcements..Royal...you're kidding right.:D

I have not really followed along. Have they made any announcements about the addition of what looks like a suite sun deck with pools and cabanas on the Royal Crown?

That looks like another great suite enhancement on Oasis 3. Maybe one side will be suite only and the other side a for fee sun deck.

Didn't Oasis get some improvements to the gold sundeck already. Probably something along those lines

Thanks. Nice diagram.

I would be kind of disappointed if a was a fairly bland water-slide that they put in. It would be a bit of a letdown as there are some really cool looking slides that have been added by other lines and Royal has been fairly innovative with what they have been adding to the new ships.

If you're referring to the drawing, it is not a rendering of the Oasis 3 or 4. It is a rendering of the first two Oasis-class ships. I used it because it was the first top view image I found.

I think those are the solar panels, not a sun deck. You can see it on this picture of Oasis of the Seas:

_46791949_oa-aerial245-1.jpg

I think those are the solar panels, not a sun deck. You can see it on this picture of Oasis of the Seas:

_46791949_oa-aerial245-1.jpg

Yea they're solar panels, and also the crew sun deck is in the centre of the crown as well

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

]

OK. That is funny. I do feasibility studies for hotels and resorts and those symbols around what I thought were lap pools are the same ones used to represent 'Cabanas' for day rentals in the pool area.

Thanks to everyone for the information.

Someone in the Facebook group mentioned that Oasis' captain said Oasis 3's name would be announced this week?? I hope so, that would be exciting! I imagine they will want the details out by the time they release the rest of the 2016 schedule, so they can add Oasis 3 to the booking lineup.

Someone in the Facebook group mentioned that Oasis' captain said Oasis 3's name would be announced this week?? I hope so, that would be exciting! I imagine they will want the details out by the time they release the rest of the 2016 schedule, so they can add Oasis 3 to the booking lineup.

Great news - hope the 2016 schedule comes out soon!!!!

On Oasis right now. The captain announced the name at the C & A event. She is to be named the Harmony of the Seas [emoji2].

I don't like it. What comes to mind is that creepy old guy from eharmony.com saying "we'll match you up with the right person"

I'd have to agree with the previous poster about the "eHarmony" jokes that will arise over the selection of the Harmony of the Seas name.

That said...like the others...the name will grow on people. I recall when Allure of the Seas was announced...a number of people balked at that name and now it's "matter of fact".

I had heard than on an 'un-scientific' poll on another cruise website that Harmony of the Seas had actually received 40% of the votes.

I think of the first Crystal ship I sailed on, the Crystal Harmony.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Asuka_II

I noticed Seabourn named their latest ship the Seabourn Ovation as well.

Well, It will be better saying Harmony than Oasis 3 from now on at least if this holds.

That said...like the others...the name will grow on people. I recall when Allure of the Seas was announced...a number of people balked at that name and now it's "matter of fact".

As the ships themselves did. Think back to the EXTREMELY vocal group of people who said that the Oasis-class was the biggest mistake the company could ever possibly make.

They would NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER even look at the ship if it was in port because it was so disgusting. The ship was evil and wrong and the worst ship ever. It was destined to fail and would be scuttled ASAP. (OK that's all hyperbole, but they did make a huge deal over it.)

Now they are building Harmony and O4.

Apparently, they were right! HAHAHAHAHA! Oops, no they were completely wrong.

I wish they would recycle old names like princess and Holland do

I agree! Maybe they think that the names need to be more similar to the other ships of the class... (i.e. Sovereign wouldn't go to well with Oasis/Allure IMO). My hope is for Royal to come up with a new smaller class of ship to eventually replace the Vision Class, and possibly dedicate the names of these ships to the retired smaller ships.

On Oasis tight now. Would love to go to the loyalty ambassador and say 'say I want to book Harmony of the Seas for April 2016 and to see and hear her reaction :) :)

You gotta do it Emmy. :D

Enjoy your cruise.

Kathy