Opinions, please! Cove, regular, or spa balcony??

:confused:

Going on the Breeze this summer, and I'm not sure which balcony cabin I want! There seem to be pros and cons to each type (cove, regular....NOT on decks 5 or 6, and spa). So, if price is not an issue, which one do I want? :o

TIA

Going on the Breeze this summer' date=' and I'm not sure which balcony cabin I want! There seem to be pros and cons to each type (cove, regular....NOT on decks 5 or 6, and spa). So, if price is not an issue, which one do I want? :o

TIA[/quote']

I think it partly depends on how much time you spend on your balcony, and how close or far above the water you want to be. We've booked our next cruise on the Breeze, and based on what friends have told us and what we've read on here, we opted for a cove balcony. I'm looking forward to being close to the water, and hoping we're lucky enough to see some flying fish or other sea life while we're on our balcony. Seeing something like this would be awesome!

1097485_9829_1024x2000.jpg

Edited by beachbum53

WE had a cove balcony on the Magic last year and loved loved it! It is very close to the water and we did see dolphins and tons of flying fish.. I really liked how the balcony was alot more private . We did have the lifeboats above us but it didnt block the view.. It does have more shade and sometimes the chairs would get wet from the mist.. we just felt like we were just right on the water and so nice at nite too.. I would reserve one again in a heartbeat.. have fun..

If you want to look down from your balcony and see water go with a cove, if you want to look down and see people go with any other.

Huh? We've always had balcony cabins on port side anywhere from deck 6-8. Never saw people when we looked down, just water. Now if you lean over the railing you can see other pax above, below or next door if they're standing at the railing.

I love the mid-ship balconies on Deck 8. We did sail Dream in a spa balcony, but we are really not Spa people, so we didn't take full advantage of the thalassotherapy pool etc. The biggest plus is that no smoking is allowed on the balcony.

Despite the advertising of upscale products in the bathroom of the spa cabins, I felt the size of the products, with no replacement, was the size one would have in a hotel. I also didn't like the scent of the Elemis products. I know others probably didn't feel the same but it wasn't for me.

When we stayed on deck 8, we were right off the mid-ship elevator and it was the most convenient location for us. We haven't stayed in a cove as my DH is claustrophobic and I think the balcony would be too confining for him even though others feel it is more private.

Huh? We've always had balcony cabins on port side anywhere from deck 6-8. Never saw people when we looked down, just water. Now if you lean over the railing you can see other pax above, below or next door if they're standing at the railing.

That isn't the case for the Dream-class balconies on those decks (with the exception of the coves) which is what the OP was inquiring about.

We always book a balcony on deck 8. I have no interest in the spa, so I would not do a spa balcony. I really want to try a cove balcony, but I'm nervous about trying it because I like being on deck 8 and close to everything. We don't use the elevators and I'm not sure if I am up to climbing that many stairs!:)

That isn't the case for the Dream-class balconies on those decks (with the exception of the coves) which is what the OP was inquiring about.

Ok, thanks. I learn something new every day! :)

Going on the Breeze this summer' date=' and I'm not sure which balcony cabin I want! There seem to be pros and cons to each type (cove, regular....NOT on decks 5 or 6, and spa). So, if price is not an issue, which one do I want? :o

TIA[/quote']

We use our balconies ALOT, so we went with cove balconies on The Dream and The Breeze and truly enjoyed the experience. Wishing you a pleasant cruise regardless of your cabin choice. :)

TIA[/quote']

A Cove is all about the shade, privacy and proximity to the water. I liked my Cove on the Dream so much that I would consider it an upgrade over most other balconies.

In an aft extended balcony, yes. Any other balcony, no.

I've never been in anything but a regularl balcony (of the choices you offered). I think a cove balcony would be great to try.

You can go to a whirlpool on deck 5 of a dream class and look onto the balcony on 6, there is a outside deck all the way around the fifth floor.

Edited by facepirte

I would go with Lido balcony. Have note tried a cove yet, but for us Lido is close to lots of good stuff. I don't think you can go wrong with any balcony though:D

ITA! LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

TIA[/quote']

We think lido deck balcony on Breeze is the best room ever.

I would take deck 8 middle ship or spa cabin.

I agree....that is exactly where we stayed on the Breeze.....deck 8 mid ship.....great location with privacy from the Lanai on the balcony (too high up to see onto your balcony) and an easy walk up to Lido to eat.....perfect location.

If you are used to a balcony cabin a cove is not for you.....the opening is cut out of the sheet metal of the side of the ship, very closed in and dark on those balconies.....not the open feel like a glass railed balcony. Just MHO!