New RCI Cruise Planner Issues

I've been trying to book specialty dining and a beverage package on the RCI website/Cruise Planner which has been upgraded to a new design and format. However, the pages aren't loading. I have tried from two different browsers and my iPhone, with zero luck. Anyone else experiencing issues today?

Yesterday, when I saw the change the cruise pre-planner my first response oh, no! After checking our 4 pending cruises, Royal's IT department did not disappoint me. IT history has repeated itself. I always wonder why when something is working why do they have to change it for the worst.

On our Freedom cruise it shows two diner reservations and two entertainment choice picked. Prior to the change all we have is the character breakfast and Ice show. I can not see what has been selected. Well we have time to work it out.

I thought it was just for the Quantum bookings and it was so slow that I gave up. It reminded me of our recent (Feb.) Allure cruise while trying to print airline boarding passes and it took us 4 different tries and one hour to complete task. It was slow during this week that we hardly used our D internet discounts. We weren't the only ones.

Someone in one of the threads said that they've improved the overall speeds--I won't believe until it actually occurs. Maybe they should start with their website. Get rid of that circle.

Booked excursion online yesterday and thought the site was far inferior to old version. The information on the tours was sparse and I will need to check what I've actually booked when I get on board on Saturday:eek:

:confused:

I tried to book an excursion and drink package last night and after putting all my info in it kept saying my credit card didn't go through.

GEEZ!!!!!...there is NOTHING on that credit card!!!

Royal needs an IT department in the worst way!!!!

I've been trying to book specialty dining and a beverage package on the RCI website/Cruise Planner which has been upgraded to a new design and format. However, the pages aren't loading. I have tried from two different browsers and my iPhone, with zero luck. Anyone else experiencing issues today?

Hi there, We're sorry to hear about your loading issue. We are upgrading our Cruise Planner System to enhance the planning experience for our guests and we truly apologize for the inconvenience. Please give us a call at 800-398-9819 and we'll be happy to help.

Wow. I feel bad for saying this, but I had no problems. It loaded quickly, I picked my cabana, and paid, all in under three minutes at about 8pm last night.

Hope it all gets fixed for everyone, I thought it was very pretty.

Wow. I feel bad for saying this, but I had no problems. It loaded quickly, I picked my cabana, and paid, all in under three minutes at about 8pm last night.

Hope it all gets fixed for everyone, I thought it was very pretty.

It worked well for me on occasion, but if you have more than 1 thing to book, odds are you are going to get aggravated at some point.

When mine finally loaded it said nothing was available and to book on the ship. Luckily I printed out the entertainment reservations already. I know it is too far out to book dining but sometimes they open early.

Having the same problems here. Trying to book character breakfasts for our Allure cruise. Got 2 of the 3 booked (after multiple attempts). Finally gave up on the third one. I'll try again tomorrow. The system is completely wonky right now. I am adding my parents to the dining reservation, and the system has so far:

1) Told me their reservation number was invalid

2) Finally found their reservation with the same number

3) Let me book 2 of the 3 breakfasts

4) Lost my father (but not my mother) off the "guests you have previously linked with other reservations" list

After #4 I gave up :(.

I am trying book entertainment items and it timed out and said oops looks like Royal Caribbean is on vacation! Sorry for your inconvenience.

When I tried to get back to my reservation it said my reservation is being modified. I hope the fix the bugs soon.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It appears that the shore excursions for our Oasis 7/5 sailing are listed now with no info on length of excursion or time of excursion pick-ups. These are 2 items that are rather important in planning one's day don't you think? Very disappointed with this new set-up. It also appears that some showtimes may have been changed. Anyone else noticing this?

I can't wait to be be given the opportunity to feel out a customer satisfaction survey on RCCL. You would think that a corporation as big as them with a cruise line of 24+ ships would have a user friendly and dependable web site to match the standard of their ships. That web site IMO does not have the mark of a good web designer/tech expert. Perhaps they should hire the folks that came in and fixed the Obamacare website after its disastrous opening. I have had numerous difficulties with this site when purchasing shore excursions, making dining reservations, etc. for our upcoming cruise. Just last night I was in the middle of making a spa reservation and the system crashed right after I had entered my CC information. Then of course I had to wait 15 minutes before I could even get back into the system. It tries your patience and no doubt RCCL has lost money on many services/products because folks just got tired of the hassle involved. They really should be embarrassed to have such an inefficient and unreliable web site for their customers. The web site just doesn't meet the standard they are trying to project.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A few minutes ago I tried to see/book entertainment on the Feb. 2, 2015 Quantum and it tells me "Sorry, we cannot reserve right now" & added "Please try again onboard ship." I hope this is one of the glitches because if we wait to book onboard we'll never see/enjoy any entertainment.

It appears that the shore excursions for our Oasis 7/5 sailing are listed now with no info on length of excursion or time of excursion pick-ups. These are 2 items that are rather important in planning one's day don't you think? Very disappointed with this new set-up. It also appears that some showtimes may have been changed. Anyone else noticing this?

Yes I noticed when I printed out my reservations to be sure they were still there. Everything is 15 minutes later now. I wonder if this is an error.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi there, We're sorry to hear about your loading issue. We are upgrading our Cruise Planner System to enhance the planning experience for our guests and we truly apologize for the inconvenience. Please give us a call at 800-398-9819 and we'll be happy to help.

We have been having the same issues for the past 2 weeks. I have called your shore excusions help desk and they are not able to book anything either. Come on Royal Carribean this is not acceptable for a company like yours. Does not leave one with a sence of security that our 2 upcoming cruises will go smoothly. Having a functioning website for ecomerce is a basic necessity for any company.

We have been having the same issues for the past 2 weeks. I have called your shore excusions help desk and they are not able to book anything either. Come on Royal Carribean this is not acceptable for a company like yours. Does not leave one with a sence of security that our 2 upcoming cruises will go smoothly. Having a functioning website for ecomerce is a basic necessity for any company.

Maybe their website designers are the same ones that did the Obama care website? :eek:

I am using a Mac computer running Safari for internet browser. I have had the same issues at work on a PC using IE. When I called the Shore excursion help desk they also had the same issues and were not able to book anything for me either. They said it was due to the system upgrades that are going on for the past 2 weeks.