9:25am flt departure out of Miami possible?

Z-Bird

We are flying out of Miami Airport - not Ft. Lauderdale - on the day we disembark the Reflection on Nov. 29 and have a choice of flight departure times of 9:25am or 12:45pm. Could anyone please let us know if they believe the 9:25am flight is feasible? We can handle taking our luggage off the ship ourselves - but also don't want to get really stressed out about making the flight if this is an iffy situation because of the possibility of the ship arriving late. On the other hand, if 9:25am out of Miami is a breeze, we don't want to sit around the airport for 3 hours waiting for the 12:45pm flight. Thanks for any feedback provided!

We are flying out of Miami Airport - not Ft. Lauderdale - on the day we disembark the Reflection on Nov. 29 and have a choice of flight departure times of 9:25am or 12:45pm. Could anyone please let us know if they believe the 9:25am flight is feasible? We can handle taking our luggage off the ship ourselves - but also don't want to get really stressed out about making the flight if this is an iffy situation because of the possibility of the ship arriving late. On the other hand, if 9:25am out of Miami is a breeze, we don't want to sit around the airport for 3 hours waiting for the 12:45pm flight. Thanks for any feedback provided!

I think you would be pushing it. Go for the later flight.

Miami is a terrible airport in terms of long lines for check in and security. Add to that the 20 minute cab ride and the fact you have to be on the plane at least 15 minutes before departure means that making that flight is nearly impossible.

I believe the question is how much pressure you want to put on yourself on your last day in Miami. If EVERYTHING goes perfectly, you might be able to make your early flight. That is assuming the ship docks on-time which is probable in my opinion, that the ship clears customs on time, not quite as probable, that disembarkation goes without a hitch, ( about a 50-50 chance in my recent experience coming off Reflection on this cruise twice in the last two years) and the Miami traffic jam of taxis, cars, shuttles etc. is actually moving people out quickly after you leave the terminal which is also a 50-50 chance depending on how many ships are in port with you.

If it was me, I would rather take the later flight. Hope whatever choice you make turns out great for you.

Being that November 29th is a Saturday, traffic-wise shouldn't be that bad, however one never knows here in Miami. One little fender bender can cause delays. The other obstacle you might encounter is a delay disembarking from the ship and through customs. IMHO I would not take the chance of a 9:25 flight. I would go for the later one. This way you can take your time and be stress free.

We had similar choice for a Royal ship a few yrs ago.but it was around 10:30 for the earlier flt.....We picked the later flight and walked off..got a cab right away.. airport was very quiet when we got there...and we could have easily made an earlier flight...

but since you have a choice why stress out...esp with security lines etc..

I'd also go with the later flight

Really appreciate all of the feedback! Based on what everyone has said, we have decided that the later flight definitely makes the most sense. Again - thank you for the quick responses. I am going to book the 12:45pm flight right now.

We were on Reflection last Nov, luggage and customs were v-e-r-y, s-l-o-w:eek: Then the line for a cab to the ariport was e-v-e-n, s-l-o-w-e-r.

Only way to have a running chance at all is to be in the first group to get off, carring all your own luggage, having printed out your boarding pass the night before, then hope the TSA has enought staff actually working the check thru lines, and not standing around talking abouts donuts.

Now if this was at FLL, we would chance it, but not Miami. Good Luck.

Edited by wallie5446

Possible? Yes it is possible! ...But is also a bit iffy.

I don't know how to quantify the exact odds of making it but it is far less than 99% My advice would be that if you're comfortable with 50/50 odds of making the flight then go for it as the odds are probably better than 50/50 if you do the self disembarkation to get off the ship quickly.

But if you're looking for something a lot less risky then take the later flight and have a relaxing morning. Personally I'd much rather be bored sitting around an airport for a couple hours than nervous the last 24 hours of our cruise or, worse yet, having to deal with the hassle and expense of a missed flight.

I'm a seasoned traveler, and a proponent often of tight connections, But even I would not risk this one. Take the 12:45.

There are some that would say 12:45 is too early, but I say that's plenty of time.

Another variable to consider is that Nov. 29th is the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Does the Saturday after Thanksgiving typically have increased volume at MIA potentially delaying getting through check-in and security? We have a similar choice for a week later on the Eclipse and are going to opt for a later flight.

Kathy

We were on Reflection last Nov, luggage and customs were v-e-r-y, s-l-o-w:eek: Then the line for a cab to the ariport was e-v-e-n, s-l-o-w-e-r.

Only way to have a running chance at all is to be in the first group to get off, carring all your own luggage, having printed out your boarding pass the night before, then hope the TSA has enought staff actually working the check thru lines, and not standing around talking abouts donuts.

Now if this was at FLL, we would chance it, but not Miami. Good Luck.

Hi. You say we would be able to Ft. Lauderdale to the air port Ft.lauderdale for a 10:20 am flight in 12/8. I would like to book the air today.

Really appreciate all of the feedback! Based on what everyone has said, we have decided that the later flight definitely makes the most sense. Again - thank you for the quick responses. I am going to book the 12:45pm flight right now.

Good choice, you'll be sooooo glad you did! :)