Anywhere to get steak and eggs for breakfast?

Even for an upcharge; any place to get steak and eggs for breakfast?

I've only seen it at special events, such as at the Top Tier event held at breakfast on Monarch and Rhapsody.

Steak & Eggs? For Breakfast on your cruise!?

Ask your Butler! The rest of us will be doing

Hash & Eggs in the dining/plebe area! In line

with plate in hand waiting for ??

Enjoy! :)

Steak & Eggs? For Breakfast on your cruise!?

Ask your Butler! The rest of us will be doing

Hash & Eggs in the dining/plebe area! In line

with plate in hand waiting for ??

Enjoy! :)

Try again - RCI doesn't have butlers.

That's a pretty heavy breakfast.

Are you sure you really want eat that so early?

Although I do remember they had it at Cagney's on NCL...

Whenever I get omelettes on RCI they seem to be swimming in grease. Same with bacon or sausage. The hash browns are deep fried and heavily salted. All the grease and oil hits my stomach like a punch. The yogurt on RCI tends to have a lot of sugar in it too which isn't great. Grains aren't great either and at breakfast time there really isn't bread with any nutritional value. White bread is bleached of anything healthy about it; might as well be a styrofoam shingle.

I don't need an 18oz porterhouse, but a 4-8oz strip with a boiled egg is a carb free, high protein start to the day. Fats and proteins are great fuel for energy. Carbs, starches, grains, sugars aren't.

I find breakfast on RCI to be the weakest meal offering of the day in general; I'm looking for more protein options. I'd pay a nominal fee for a small steak at breakfast.

I had the burger patties at JR's on Allure. They were like hockey pucks. They definitely did not seem freshly made.

Right now I generally try to stick with a veggie omelette, a strip or two of real bacon (which is always paper thin and cooked to a crisp :( ) and some diced fruit on the side.

I have never seen steak on the MDR menu but I'll keep my eyes out on my next cruise.

Whenever I get omelettes on RCI they seem to be swimming in grease. Same with bacon or sausage. The hash browns are deep fried and heavily salted. All the grease and oil hits my stomach like a punch. The yogurt on RCI tends to have a lot of sugar in it too which isn't great. Grains aren't great either and at breakfast time there really isn't bread with any nutritional value. White bread is bleached of anything healthy about it; might as well be a styrofoam shingle.

I don't need an 18oz porterhouse, but a 4-8oz strip with a boiled egg is a carb free, high protein start to the day. Fats and proteins are great fuel for energy. Carbs, starches, grains, sugars aren't.

I find breakfast on RCI to be the weakest meal offering of the day in general; I'm looking for more protein options. I'd pay a nominal fee for a small steak at breakfast.

I had the burger patties at JR's on Allure. They were like hockey pucks. They definitely did not seem freshly made.

Right now I generally try to stick with a veggie omelette, a strip or two of real bacon (which is always paper thin and cooked to a crisp :( ) and some diced fruit on the side.

I have never seen steak on the MDR menu but I'll keep my eyes out on my next cruise.

I'm just messing around.

You should try asking the head waiter in the MDR during breakfast.

Sometimes they will make "off-menu" items..

I'm just messing around.

You should try asking the head waiter in the MDR during breakfast.

Sometimes they will make "off-menu" items..

Nah, I took no offense. I know people froth at the mouth a bit whenever you post:D I just took it as an opportunity to explain why I like a breakfast like that.

You have the right idea, I should ask the staff. It's not like there isn't a steak of some sort on the lunch menu; I doubt it would be a major put out for them to grill one up if asked nicely.

That's a pretty heavy breakfast.

Are you sure you really want eat that so early?

Although I do remember they had it at Cagney's on NCL...

When I lived in Atlanta, steak and eggs seemed to be a common breakfast for those from the Northeast. I've actually seen 'breakfast steaks' in the store. They're usually small and thin. I'd compare it to a good sized piece of ham. The kind that has the bone in it. Is not heavy at all.

They had it on the breakfast menu in Chops on the Grandeur last November, but I believe that breakfast in Chops is only offered to Suite guests (maybe D+ too?). It was quite good, but I wouldn't say it would be worth the extra cost of booking a suite just for steak and eggs.

Carnival

I do love the Sea Day Brunch that they have. I'm glad they stoped having the comedians perform during the brunch, for some reason it was weird to me. But I always order the filet and eggs for breakfast .

We often find ourselves eating brunch off the ship at one or more of the ports. Breakfast is one of the weakest meals of the day on a ship and eating the same old scrambled eggs and triangle hash browns gets old after a couple of days.

It is an "upcharge" of course, but eating off the ship gives us a little of the flavor of where we are visiting and there always seems to be a few cafes or restaurants around the ports.

Tom