Elite Lounge/Room?

Oxo

oh, Sky suites aren't considered suites then......

Sky suites are treated more like "Junior Suites" on other cruise lines with limited benefits and appropriate lesser cost.

As they have no separate bedroom from the living room space, I wouldn't really consider them a suite - to me a suite has a door between the bedroom and main living space.

Personally, I am one of those "Elites" who prefers to mingle with the non-Elites on the ship. I have rarely attended either the Elite breakfasts or the nightly cocktail hours set aside for Elites. Just doesn't do a thing for me. I realize I am probably in the minority, but I've never been big on separating the masses.

EXACTLY my thoughts as well. :o

We should all be afraid, very afraid. The more I read throughout these various commentaries it seems there are:

Special spots for Elites

Special spots for Elites Plus and Zenith passengers

Special spots for concerige class

Special spots for Aqua Class

Special spots for suite passengers

Add a trend toward special theater seating for special groups and I see the day where most of us will be sailing just like Jack Dawson not Rose.

Deleted. please do a little more research!

Personally, I am one of those "Elites" who prefers to mingle with the non-Elites on the ship. I have rarely attended either the Elite breakfasts or the nightly cocktail hours set aside for Elites. Just doesn't do a thing for me. I realize I am probably in the minority, but I've never been big on separating the masses.

Completely agree. Love the perks but don't need the events although many find them enjoyable.

We should all be afraid, very afraid. The more I read throughout these various commentaries it seems there are:

Special spots for Elites

Add a trend toward special theater seating for special groups and I see the day where most of us will be sailing just like Jack Dawson not Rose.

I want a special badge that I can wear flaunting my status. :D May start to get tats down my arms listing all of my sailings and status for each line.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We like it as is. We are Elite + and on most ships it is sky lounge, which is better than Michaels club, too dark.

I agree I'd much rather be on Deck 11 forward then in the dark and practically deserted Michael's club. Every time we walked by there on our recent Summit cruise my DH always looked into see how many people were (or were not) utilizing the room. Never saw more than 4 or 5 at any one time.

I want a special badge that I can wear flaunting my status. :D May start to get tats down my arms listing all of my sailings and status for each line.

Some lines do have pins that indicate status and/or loyalty level. In fact, Celebrity just created a Zenith pin. Perhaps you can find some pins listed on eBay. I'm certain that they would cost less than actually taking a cruise. I suspect that very few if any would know that you are an "imposter". In fact, might be some fun to figure out who the imposer are.

I am Elite and I feel the same way,

I agree I'd much rather be on Deck 11 forward then in the dark and practically deserted Michael's club. Every time we walked by there on our recent Summit cruise my DH always looked into see how many people were (or were not) utilizing the room. Never saw more than 4 or 5 at any one time.

The answer may not be clear cut when you have choices. On my last cruise I spent the "Happy Hour" in Michael's Club since several of my cruising friends were there. One evening I did go up to the regular Elite Hour and found myself sitting alone. Very few couples will sit with a single person and since my DW doesn't attend Happy Hour I'm usually alone. After about a half hour I went to Michael's Club and sat with friends.

If a friend who cannot join me in Michael's Club is onboard I will join them at the regular Happy Hour location. My preference is to be with friends no matter what the location.

My preference is to be with friends no matter what the location.

Yep. On my summit sailing last week, I was in AquaClass but never ate dinner in BLU as no one else in the group was, so I did MDR all week, and it was fantastic. (well, one night in Normandie for Conniseur Wine pairing dinner, with 2 others from our group. :D )

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

LOL Ensure that you post your picture once you flaunt your status and get your tats down your arms. I think we would all like to see that.

Special spots for Elites

Hey, where is the special spots for concierge class. I cruised in that class my last cruise and I must have missed my special spot. Do tell where it is, so I can go there in January. Thanks.

One evening I did go up to the regular Elite Hour and found myself sitting alone. Very few couples will sit with a single person and since my DW doesn't attend Happy Hour I'm usually alone. After about a half hour I went to Michael's Club and sat with friends.

Same thing happened when I was traveling solo on the Summit 2 weeks ago. I ended up spending at least 2-3 hours daily in Michael's with new firends. Also, it seemed so much easier to meet new friends in Michael's, at least during this past cruise on the Summit and the transatlantic on the Equinox a month and half ago.

But on the pragmatic front, unless you have at least the classic beverage package, the savings in drinks from the Michael's and/or the Elite Happy Hour easily translate to $200+ for 2 in a 7 day cruise. Much more in longer cruises. Admittedly, $200 is small sum for many of us.