Just back from the dawn 6-6-14 sailing (boston) LD

Hi everyone,

I am in the middle of getting a well detailed review together; however, I wanted to start a thread to answer any questions relating to:

an OS deluxe suite, the shows, the food,the butler, ect

Lisa

Yey! Welcome Home! We leave next Friday and will be sailing in a GV, so I'm sure your experiences will be relevant for us!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Welcome back!

Were you in one of the DOS on Deck 12 (I think that's the right Deck), or one of the OS on a lower deck?

If Deck 12, were you in one of the end DOS, or one of the middle two?

Would love to get a report, especially if you were in one of the end DOS cabins.

Thanks.

GeezerCouple

LISA WE ARE LEAVING THE 20TH TILL 27TH AND SOMEONE TREATED US TO THE DINNER PACKAGE. We want to plan our dinners around the entertainment.Any way you can post the dailies it would be much apreciated.....regards gary

LISA WE ARE LEAVING THE 20TH TILL 27TH AND SOMEONE TREATED US TO THE DINNER PACKAGE. We want to plan our dinners around the entertainment.Any way you can post the dailies it would be much apreciated.....regards gary

Hi there,

Our group tried to make plans for our activities , come to find out that the dailies that someone posted two weeks before us we very different. For example, I saw that the martini tasting was on a Wednesday well this was much different, this was on Tuesday at four. Also, at here was supposed to be a rum tasting, this never occurred. So posting the dailies would not help. Apparently, they change weekly.

Lisa

Welcome back!

Were you in one of the DOS on Deck 12 (I think that's the right Deck), or one of the OS on a lower deck?

If Deck 12, were you in one of the end DOS, or one of the middle two?

Would love to get a report, especially if you were in one of the end DOS cabins.

Thanks.

GeezerCouple

The outer DOS on Dawn/Star are really nice. Huge living room with the dining table over by the wing and you can see down the side of the ship. Bathroom and bedroom are great as well. Rooms can get hot though with all the windows so you may have to use the drapes.

Haven't heard anything lately, but it was pretty normal for a couple of the windows in the room to be fogged due to bad seals.

Someone has posted pics of the Dawn DOS about 2 years ago when they went to Bermuda.

Leaving in three weeks and would like to know about the shows/entertainment?

I am interested in hearing about the shows and entertainment, as well. I have read that the Dawn just debuted new shows starting in June (?) and want to know your opinion of them. I think a version of one the shows, Elements, was on another NCL ship and was very popular.

Also, who was you cruise director and what did you think of him/her?

Yes, new show Elements was terrific - reminded us of a show we saw on the Gem in 2011 - spectacle type performance - lots of action

CD has recently stepped up to this role - Dingo Dan - very personable

Ours was the Doo Wopp cruise - so some of the shows were specific to our week - missed a few other shows due to long or late dinner - we were a group of 22!!!

Loved the Pearly Kings Pub - "Chips Ahoy" is absolutely awesome - best bartender at sea!! And the young guy running Karaoke was great, too (forgot his name - too many Lemon Drop Martinis - ha ha)

Martini tasting was canceled due to low interest - maybe due to older crowd on this sailing...

We toured the DOS, OS and Family 2BR Suite during our Cabin Crawl - ahhhh the suite life

Yes, new show Elements was terrific - reminded us of a show we saw on the Gem in 2011 - spectacle type performance - lots of action

CD has recently stepped up to this role - Dingo Dan - very personable

Ours was the Doo Wopp cruise - so some of the shows were specific to our week - missed a few other shows due to long or late dinner - we were a group of 22!!!

Loved the Pearly Kings Pub - "Chips Ahoy" is absolutely awesome - best bartender at sea!! And the young guy running Karaoke was great, too (forgot his name - too many Lemon Drop Martinis - ha ha)

Martini tasting was canceled due to low interest - maybe due to older crowd on this sailing...

We toured the DOS, OS and Family 2BR Suite during our Cabin Crawl - ahhhh the suite life

LOL The older crowd invented martinis...this Grandma would have asked for perhaps a small tasting the same as going to a winery and you're the only one tasting at that venue. I love the martini tastings...plus the DH put his foot down to my participating in the crawls. Bigger LOL from me.:D

LOL The older crowd invented martinis...this Grandma would have asked for perhaps a small tasting the same as going to a winery and you're the only one tasting at that venue. I love the martini tastings...plus the DH put his foot down to my participating in the crawls. Bigger LOL from me.:D

I'm a Nana too and I was the youngest one in our travel group in May on the Dawn :) and believe me, I love a good martini and a sunset - ha ha

But seriously, you can certainly enjoy a "flight" of martinis at a few of the bars/lounges - if you want to do your own sampling... I think it was five small cocktails for $15 - not sure, Some folks in our group tried the various martinis and/or margaritas that way - I think they split the "flight" between two people. It's in the drink menu...

And, our Cabin Crawl didn't involve alcohol - it was just a great opportunity to see the different types of suites!! Cheers.

Edited by margie1221

I'm a Nana too and I was the youngest one in our travel group in May on the Dawn :) and believe me, I love a good martini and a sunset - ha ha

But seriously, you can certainly enjoy a "flight" of martinis at a few of the bars/lounges - if you want to do your own sampling... I think it was five small cocktails for $15 - not sure, Some folks in our group tried the various martinis and/or margaritas that way - I think they split the "flight" between two people. It's in the drink menu...

And, our Cabin Crawl didn't involve alcohol - it was just a great opportunity to see the different types of suites!! Cheers.

Thanks for the information...I didn't know about the small sampling! Yippee :D

Edited by Linda the Book Lover

Hi,

I agree with you! I've been checking all week for a review!

We've leaving on July 4th so we're anxious to hear about your cruise! Perhaps you can post a review when you return? We're wondering who the cruise director might be and also the entertainers other than the shows held each night.

It's a beautiful day to sail~ Have a wonderful time - Bon Voyage!